watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Average European Club Salaries

Started by White Noise, June 06, 2012, 08:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

Based on that, is Fulham not underperforming?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

bede

Based on that Aston Villa are an absolute joke, and shows that the Spurs wage structure is working well, only missed CL due to Chelsea winning, most teams would have made it.

elgreenio

based on that we're doing quite well surely?

8th EPL team in that table and 9th placed in the league, not bad, and out-performing 3 of the 4 clubs on our wage level. Imagine Newcastle would be spending a lot more than what is stated there aswell
touch my camera through the fence

SKSW6

Quote from: sipwell on June 06, 2012, 08:28:16 AM
Based on that, is Fulham not underperforming?

If we are, then so are Sunderland, Bolton, and West Ham. We're "under performing" compared with the rest of Europe, but that's just the curse of the Premier League with it's wages.

Dortmund are incredibly impressive though. Almost half the wage bill of Munich and they've managed to retain the title and beat them 5-2 (IIRC) in the German cup final. They just need to start performing in Europe now.

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on June 06, 2012, 08:46:12 AM

8th EPL team in that table and 9th placed in the league, not bad, and out-performing 3 of the 4 clubs on our wage level. Imagine Newcastle would be spending a lot more than what is stated there aswell

What I meant was: this seems to imply that Fulham is not a small club. We tend to believe that a mid-table position is what to aim for, but surely you could expect a top 8 position based on wages...

aFFCn_Fan

I'm surprised Arsenal is where it is, and from the article Wenger at 9M earns more than Fergie at 8M...Didn't Arteta have to take a pay cut from like GBP40k/week to go to Arsenal?
@hincharoo

elgreenio

Quote from: sipwell on June 06, 2012, 09:15:33 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on June 06, 2012, 08:46:12 AM

What I meant was: this seems to imply that Fulham is not a small club. We tend to believe that a mid-table position is what to aim for, but surely you could expect a top 8 position based on wages...

ah ok. I think it says more about the Premier League as a whole than us in particular. Would be interesting to see the spread of wages for clubs in our bracket, i'd hazard a guess we'd generally have no outstanding earners and plenty between the 15-30k mark, where others may have a couple on over 60k p/w.

Arsenal notoriously pay over the odds in wages for average players, Bendtner and Diaby on 50k plus etc.
touch my camera through the fence

HatterDon

I can't believe that an American site would do these data based on Euros and not dollars. I know it's an American site because they have Fulham and others in something called 'EPL' -- a faux pas only Americans commit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2012, 01:54:11 PM
I can't believe that an American site would do these data based on Euros and not dollars. I know it's an American site because they have Fulham and others in something called 'EPL' -- a faux pas only Americans commit.

It looks more than it actually is in euros. If you would converse that to American dollars, it would be 5 dollar or so.

MasterHaynes

I don't understand how German clubs are held up as perfect examples of how to manage a clubs budget  when a so many of them of them pay as much or more than EPL clubs with a lot less income from Gates and TV? How can the combined Bundesliga clubs make 4 times more profit than EPL clubs last year? \\DO they have the same number of sugar daddys bankrolling their clubs?

How can Platini and EUFA hold them up as shining examples and paint us as the bad guys when they appear to be doing exactly the same?

sipwell

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 06, 2012, 07:02:11 PM
I don't understand how German clubs are held up as perfect examples of how to manage a clubs budget  when a so many of them of them pay as much or more than EPL clubs with a lot less income from Gates and TV? How can the combined Bundesliga clubs make 4 times more profit than EPL clubs last year? \\DO they have the same number of sugar daddys bankrolling their clubs?

A lot less income? Their stadiums are twenty times as big as the EPL ones and I bet sponsorship fees are high too! German clubs don't run deficits either...

TonyGilroy

It shows our wage structure to be very competitive. Better than many teams in the Premier League and less only than the genuinely big clubs.

The offers being made to players therefore should be attractive.

King_Crud

Quote from: MasterHaynes on June 06, 2012, 07:02:11 PM

How can Platini and EUFA hold them up as shining examples and paint us as the bad guys when they appear to be doing exactly the same?

they can only spend 50% of income on wages IIRC so obviously they generate good income. Their gates are absolutely huge