watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR, a great work in progress?

Started by SP, June 06, 2012, 07:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Hilarius article in tonight's Evening Standard with a senior HaHas official.  Basically, they'll be a massive club if they can build a new/bigger ground, attract 10,000 new fans & buy a number of top quality players.  There you go, simple as that, I can't see any problems there!  I'd love to see their 5 year plan.

Next season's fixtures with these mugs can't come soon enough for me.

:011:

Admin

I also see on Sky Sports this evening that a new stadium can't just be built for footballing purposes either. It will have to host things like gigs and other events as well. 

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Admin on June 06, 2012, 07:46:02 PM
I also see on Sky Sports this evening that a new stadium can't just be built for footballing purposes either. It will have to host things like gigs and other events as well. 

Whatever we think of QPR, their owner is not a complete idiot.

The board there recognise that they need to grow their fan base to succeed and a new stadium is only likely to be built if it is a ground share. Both sensible reasoning that will see them financially sound.

I really think that Fernandes will limit silly spending this summer, contrary to popular belief. He has always wanted to grow QPR sustainably so throwing ridiculous money around is dangerous. Of course Sparky might move on if thebacking is not there. Fernandes is a buffoon in the press though.

ImperialWhite

Apparently QPR are after Olivier Giroud!

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
RMC report #France & #Montpellier striker Olivier #Giroud has interested Malaga, Atletico Madrid and ... #QPR!?

edit.

To be fair to QPR, Newcastle managed to buy a French title winner last winner. Maybe it's just a wages thing. Certainly Giroud wouldn't be on a lot of money at Montpellier.

Let's go for him!

The King

QPR will not be an easy six points for long...

Logicalman

Ground share ... with .....

Brentford?

Perhaps that other team from SW6 and both move to Battersea?

Oh, the combinations are amazing to think of!! So many more fans for Barton to fight with.

zzamora

We'd all be massive clubs if we had massive fanbases, lots of success and a big stadium...

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 06, 2012, 08:14:36 PM

To be fair to QPR, Newcastle managed to buy a French title winner last winner. Maybe it's just a wages thing. Certainly Giroud wouldn't be on a lot of money at Montpellier.

Let's go for him!

Giroud may not be paid alot at this moment in time, but it will be near on IMPOSSIBLE for Fulham to buy him seeing as Montpellier want near on £20m for him in the first instance - potentially even more now he is a regular France international.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.