News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Qatari Royal family set to grab stake in Fulham?

Started by Admin, June 08, 2012, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/6/8/3073285/qatari-royal-family-set-to-grab-stake-in-fulham

Rumours have been circulating over the past two days that the Qatari Royal family are willing to buy out a 49% share in Fulham and, quite audaciously, the deal could be tied up within a week.

The Qatari's have a distinct connection with current owner, Mohammed Al Fayed, having bought his Harrods store from him for an estimated £1.5 billion in May of 2010 and are willing to reignite their friendship with the Egyptian. Having already made investments in Spain, with Malaga, and France, with Paris St Germain, they are thought to be particularly keen on creating a flagship within the Premier League. Newcastle United were originally sounded out as their preferred destination but the group are intent on creating a legacy - something they feel is more attainable in SW6.

If the rumours are to be believed - which, in truth, you probably shouldn't - it is expected that Al Fayed will still have control over the club and will make all the necessary decisions to keep Fulham within the means required for the new Financial Fair Play regulations. With just under half the share in the club, the Qatari's will merely push money into the club and seek some sort of return. There has been talk of a possible £40 million budget this summer.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Just regurgitated from here, voy and twitter. an inane rumour started by a bored chap, nothing more

Admin

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 08, 2012, 09:55:07 PM
Just regurgitated from here, voy and twitter. an inane rumour started by a bored chap, nothing more

Thanks for your input

wadey

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: Admin on June 08, 2012, 10:05:51 PM

Thanks for your input
Your welcome. Are you Blingo by any chance?

TWFL

Quote from: wadey on June 08, 2012, 10:17:06 PM
no smoke without fire i say
Exactly. Rumours have it that the staff at the club have been working exceptionally long hours which would suggest something big is happening and that is where the Qatari link came from. It could just be some people put 2 and 2 together to make 5 though..

wadey

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 08, 2012, 10:18:13 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 08, 2012, 10:05:51 PM

Thanks for your input
Your welcome. Are you Blingo by any chance?

I don't think he is .. but please, try again  :hook:

finnster01

Qatari Royal Family? Spot the odd one in this photo...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Drake44444

Walsh

I hope this does happen, we already have a nice structure with Moussa Dembele and Dempsey (who would most probably stay in our starting 11) and adapt from there with a nice solid budget to work with.

AmericanJames

Some people are literally too stupid to insult

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

Would people start calling our ground Camel Cottage?
Would we get known as The Lily Sheiks?
Will the colour of sand be the new orange?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

There could be something in this, given the prior Harrods connection and the fact that MAF may be looking to monitize some of his investments, or even potentially look at an exit.

Who knows?

Wait and see.

Captain Peacock

Ah so the rumours have resurfaced have they?? Just got back my hols so out of the loop a bit!

Where have the rumours come from this time?? I know the Daily Mail had them a month or so ago is there anything new this time???
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

alfie

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 09, 2012, 06:08:32 AM
So we become City south?

we wasn't too bothered when MAF came in with his millions, whats the difference?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ron

I mentioned in an earlier post that I think we were incredibly lucky that MAF put his millions behind the club for reasons known to himself...perhaps as a personal profile raiser, perhaps as a hobby....it's open to speculation.

But lightning of such a benign nature doesn't often strike twice. Selling up to Middle East millions can involve going under a regime that tinkers with the organisation, location, nature of the club as it has done elsewhere. I was told on this board that the operating officer of the club can deal with any tinkering. Multi-millions of pounds can speak louder than he can.

And yes, I have spent time working in the Middle East including in Doha, and I have a fairly good idea of the established style of business and business culture there.

I think we need to be careful of what we wish for.

MrWhite

Seems highly unlikely given the size of the cottage.