more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Delusional nfr

Started by epsomraver, June 09, 2012, 05:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Mr_Moon

Link is broken but I presume it's Barton, al-Assad or George Osborne.

epsomraver

Fletchino

What a wally he really is I hope he stays at qpr and bleeds them dry

Oiseau

Ahhh. I think that he might have had a chance at making the squad when he was at City or early during his time with Newcastle. He could have been a brilliant player if he hadn't been such an appalling idiot and behaved so badly. You're right, though - he's overestimating his abilities.

sipwell

Quote from: Oiseau on June 10, 2012, 10:38:26 AM
Ahhh. I think that he might have had a chance at making the squad when he was at City or early during his time with Newcastle. He could have been a brilliant player if he hadn't been such an appalling idiot and behaved so badly. You're right, though - he's overestimating his abilities.

Even then. There is a reason why he went from big to small clubs. He does not cut it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Mr_Moon

"How [Grant] Holt, [Micah] Richards, [Michael] Carrick, [Rio] Ferdinand, [Leon] Osman, [Daniel] Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty."

Holt - Too old/inclusion would be short termist, encourages long ball, no previous experience
Richards- Debatable, has defensive weaknesses, arrogance stance over the standby list might suggest he'd be the same if he didn't start
Carrick- Arrogance over his ability and where how he should play
Osman- Too old/inclusion would be short termist, no previous experience
Sturridge- Debatable, not a great footballer, as a wide player Walcott is better, as a striker definitely not as good as Rooney/Defoe/Welbeck. Carroll different type of player. He'll have his time.

So no, not really a travesty.

SKSW6

IMO it's just a troll on his part to bring himself even more attention, I mean, come on. "Walk" in to the England squad?  He wasn't even a starter at times last season for a shite team who survived on the last day of the season. He knows he's a controversial figure now and he's just playing up to that, either for cheap laughs or to generate more interest for that autobiography of his he mooted a while ago.

EJL

Quote from: Mr_Moon on June 10, 2012, 11:17:49 AM
"How [Grant] Holt, [Micah] Richards, [Michael] Carrick, [Rio] Ferdinand, [Leon] Osman, [Daniel] Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty."

Holt - Too old/inclusion would be short termist, encourages long ball, no previous experience
Richards- Debatable, has defensive weaknesses, arrogance stance over the standby list might suggest he'd be the same if he didn't start
Carrick- Arrogance over his ability and where how he should play
Osman- Too old/inclusion would be short termist, no previous experience
Sturridge- Debatable, not a great footballer, as a wide player Walcott is better, as a striker definitely not as good as Rooney/Defoe/Welbeck. Carroll different type of player. He'll have his time.

So no, not really a travesty.
Agreed. Although I do think Osman should have been called up several years ago.

cmg

He used to be a pretty good footballer whose psychotic tendencies made him a menace to the public.

NOW he is a changed man.

He is now no longer that much of a footballer and has added grotesque delusion to his other mental baggage.

Sad, bad, dangerous to know (and not even the excuse of writing decent Romantic poetry.)

Actually SKSW6 is probably right. A publicity stunt for a forthcoming book.....Or maybe even a movie....."A Nightmare On Loftus Road"....Joey 'Kreuger' Barton played by Garry Oldman - "What filthy piece of poo did I do now? "

Berserker

I still think his main problem is that he has mental health issues. If he wasn't a famous footballer he would have had treatment for them by now.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Berserker on June 10, 2012, 05:51:29 PM
I still think his main problem is that he has mental health issues. If he wasn't a famous footballer he would have had treatment for them by now.

What does that say about the PFA and football?

We (football as a whole) don't treat players well, except financially.

Berserker

I think players themselves wouldn't want people to know they have problems and have sort help for them. There is still a stigma to mental illness i'm afraid.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

west kowloon white

Sick-yes,but mentally ill?Just a yob more like-can afford his own treatment ,if your diagnosis is correct.
But seems the taxpayers amongst us should be liable.

rhyspabsolom

Quote from: west kowloon white on June 11, 2012, 06:51:50 AM
Sick-yes,but mentally ill?Just a yob more like-can afford his own treatment ,if your diagnosis is correct.
But seems the taxpayers amongst us should be liable.

Vote Tory.