News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New Fixtures Out On Monday At 9am - Who Do You Want?

Started by White Noise, June 16, 2012, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Who do you want and who do you think we will get.

I would like Spurs at home because I would like to see us beat them at home and send their season spiralling downwards but I reckon we will get West Ham away.

Senior Supporter

I read somewhere that all London teams will have to play their first matches away, due to the clash with the Paralympics leaving police resources too stretched.

Maidstone Al

Southampton away would be a nice start , would be a good turn out from our lot as well.

jarv

Yes, those paralympic people cause a lot of trouble. :dft002:

I always look at the first 6 fixtures, then the last 6. However, these days the last 6 are not so important (unless we are chasing Europe).

LukeJennings

I would say Chelsea/QPR home, I mean who doesn't like starting with a win? But if we have to play away first then definitely Southampton away
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

Burt

A close to home away game would be good. Reading, Southampton, or any of the London clubs.

psand22

It doesn't really matter who or where.  I just don't like to play one of the newly promoted sides the first week on the road.  They'll be up for the game and can be trouble for us.  Fulhamish

MontenegroWhite

I would prefer us to play all strong teams at the beginning of the season. They usually drop points in first months. And than, we could have easier matches in the last months of the season.

domprague

We don't want a promoted club first up - they'll be buzzing with adrenalin. I'm also away for the first weekend of the season so I want us to start on the road.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ScalleysDad

I had heard about the London clubs having to play away as well but there was also a 'requirement' to not have teams, and supporters, travelling to the north east one week and the north west the next. Therefore I suspect a bit of mileage for the first game as there are loads to choose from and then one of Villa/Reading/West Brom or Southampton for the next two. I bet the Police and Fixtures bods were fuming when QPR stayed up and West Ham won the play off as four Prem teams was probably doable but six offers only chaos.
Saturday 3pm please then I can start booking trains.

Alternative

Want an away game on Boxing Day so that I don't miss any games on the season ticket.

RidgeRider

Quote from: MontenegroWhite on June 16, 2012, 05:22:07 PM
I would prefer us to play all strong teams at the beginning of the season. They usually drop points in first months. And than, we could have easier matches in the last months of the season.

agreed. It does seem United drops points early so lets get them first!

jarv

Last years promoted teams, entering 2nd season syndrome. Norwich or Swansea will do nicely. Both lost theirmanagers too.

JBH

ffc73

Newcastle away if their French players have a long Euro12 and the opening fixture is sandwiched between their Europa League qualifying fixture.....

manxman

Everton or Liverpool away. But thats me being selfish wanting to go.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Berserker

Seeing i'm probably in Edinburgh for Xmas, Newcastle away on Boxing day would suit me, i could then drive down to the match
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well it won't be in London ..................maybe they might let us play Reading at home ..................no need for police

Reading away would be good,but probably not as 'exciting' as the last time we were there  064.gif

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.