Yes
13 (41.9%)
No
1 (3.2%)
Only at 49%
17 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 28

valdeingruo

As the window is still technically shut and you can exhaust every inch of your brain going on rumors, it would be fun to analyze what a Qatari Investment would actually mean.

Today football is all about money and less about the sport actually being played, it is an investment and those looking to invest are only going to take a risk if they believe that a club's set up will help them reach certain goals, those being wining leagues, cups, and gaining profit. All of the so called money clubs only needed a few key changes and a few years down the road they are winning things. If you look at all of the silly money Manchester City have dumped into a new squad or three you can see that it does in fact take a team mentality AND the right players no matter how much money you chuck at them.

Fulham have a good structure in place, a good academy and while we have yet to achieve a cup win Europe now is not an unreasonable thought. You can see the pretty football that we are trying to play and after some "what is Jol" thinking matches the optimist in the average Fulham supporter is that a key player or two coming in and the ones we got staying that the next season could be something special,  while MAF has shown faith in the Ruiz purchase, one only has to look to Marlet and to some extent AJ and realize that while he has shown he will invest ( the push up the leagues is the most evident) it takes the right Gaffer and the right player for a big money move to be completed.  (Side note:  The set up Mackintosh has given Fulham steady waters in the market regardless of the Manager, Dembele has turned on the class and its Ruiz turn next)

Those for the investment finally would get to see a Fulham squad lift trophies that arent the Intertoto cup and see the money brought in reinvested into bigger and bigger names.Bright times ahead and new contracts for key players that might move.  I think most will be in agreance that everyone has at least gone "Wish we had that kind of money" not even thinking of the other side that money can bring. Its simple if Qatari money were to come to Fulham things would drastically change.

For the doubters and there are plenty out there that wish this were to not happen. It is understandable given the many trials that a Fulham supporter  has had to go through over the years. Saving the Cottage, fluxating up and down the divisions and the idea of Fulham Park Rangers even bandied about are all things experienced. The money would bring success, no doubt that it would. What would we loose? There is always a price, The Cottage, atmosphere and the so called "plastic" supporters are all posibilities of a big money move for Fulham.

The ideal scenario would be a fourty-nine percent stake in the Club, with MAF fully in charge. Essentially it would be the same but with the possibility of getting funding for a player or maybe offering better wages and would speed up a trophy progression.
However if it was all or nothing where MAF sold and left completely the answer is blatantly obvious. We are great where we are and are steadily improving as a club and you can see that just by the players of quality we are getting. We arent looking in the bargain bin, the bottom of the bosmans, we are finding quality talent that want to try it at a higher level.

If the rumors provide to be true, we can only hope that MAF doesn't pull a Harrods ( I highly doubt that, he genuinely loves the club) However if they provide unfounded then I have sucessfully killed some time.

Your thoughts? scarf
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

HatterDon

If they're interested in investing $200,000 for the $5,000 worth of repairs/upgrades I'm planning for my home, I'm all for it.

As for Fulham, I have never kidded myself that a football chairman [or a US president] could be a down-to-earth guy you'd like to have a beer with. Anybody who invests is fine with me, as long as:

1. We don't leave the Cottage
2. The investor is more interested in quality on the pitch then being credited with creating it.
3. The investor gets us a kit sponsor that is NOT Kappa.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamthroughandthrough

We call QPR fans deluded yet we think we are being taken over by billionaires and signing Lassana Diarra

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This topic has been done to death last week ..................

THIS ONE
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=22650.0

AND THIS ....
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=21894.0

EJL

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 17, 2012, 10:16:07 PM
We call QPR fans deluded yet we think we are being taken over by billionaires and signing Lassana Diarra
Mr Negative

Mr Fulham

Quote from: EJL on June 18, 2012, 01:24:12 AM
Mr Negative
A.K.A Mr Lighthouse's lovechild.  Get Coat gif 098.gif

EJL

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 18, 2012, 01:34:45 AM
Quote from: EJL on June 18, 2012, 01:24:12 AM
Mr Negative
A.K.A Mr Lighthouse's lovechild.  Get Coat gif 098.gif
:drums:

EJL

fulhaman

This is  very good if reports are correct. 49% is fine by me as long as mo is main man. Lets be honest Fulham are going to get relegated as every team will be owned by wealthy owners he soend silly money so we need to spend money. But more than anything invest in our stadium. Which we should devlop from the riverside being first to seeing if we could devlop the staduim more. I wouldn't be surprised if Cravin Cottage was 35k staduim in five years time. Not to sure how much it could be devloped though.

Captain Peacock

It has gone very quiet again, sources were a bit iffy as well so I am going to believe anything now until it is official.
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121