watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Turn Down Galatasary Bid For Kerim Frei

Started by White Noise, June 20, 2012, 01:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/6/20/3098729/fulham-turn-down-bid-for-frei-from-galatasaray

Fulham turn down bid for Frei from Galatasaray

by Northernwhite on Jun 20, 2012 10:02 AM BST

Reports from Turkey are claiming that Galatasary have had a bid of EU 1.5 million rejected by Fulham and are set to return with a higher bid. They claim that Fulham want at least EU 2.5 million for the "new Turkish Shaqiri" and are continuing negotiations.

Whilst I'm not doubting that Galatasaray may have bid and I'm sure other clubs are interested as well, there's no way in hell we'd sell for that price, if at all. The fact that he recently signed a new long term contract and made such an impact in his 1st season means he has a big future at FFC. If we were to sell, it would take a very large bid for us to be even remotely interested.

Rupert

Galatasaray in bid to boost season tickets sales shock.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Andy_M

Considering what we sold Smalling to United for there is no way he'd be sold for anywhere close to that figure!!

IMO has made much more of an impact in our first team than Smalling did and look how much he went for!
@got_maile

cottage cheese

Quote from: Andy_M on June 20, 2012, 02:39:01 PM
Considering what we sold Smalling to United for there is no way he'd be sold for anywhere close to that figure!!

IMO has made much more of an impact in our first team than Smalling did and look how much he went for!

smalling is english.. you double the value and that is how much they cost.

Frei is turkish so we will not get as much. Thats a fact

AlFayedsChequebook

I would be amazed if we sold him. He has signed a massive new contract and is tied to the club. For all intents and purposes, he seems happy, has got his break in the first team and as far as I can tell, realises that he is an important and valued member of the squad. When he scored his first goal for the first team, he ran half the pitch to hug Jol.

Considering all of this, and the potential he has, there would be literally no point in selling him unless we got some crazy bid (£20m). Although if a crazy bid did come in, you would have to wonder how much he would be worth after a few more years of development.

I dont think Fulham are 'holding out' for £2.5m any more than they were outbid for The Pog.

TonyGilroy

The fear is that having opted to play for Turkey he may want to live there.

He's worth a damn sight more than £2.5M though.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Rupert on June 20, 2012, 01:37:48 PM
Galatasaray in bid to boost season tickets sales shock.

Yeah he's a talent but I can't imagine they're doing it to boost season ticket sales. Galatasaray are a huge club and Frei is relatively low reputation player. Not surprised they bid after he declared for Turkey.

Mr Fulham

Really can see him leaving for a turkish club this summer.

AlFayedsChequebook

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 20, 2012, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 20, 2012, 04:43:14 PM

Why?
Because Turkey is incredibly special for turkish players - and, even more important, their families. It's not comparable to any other country and I even think I once read his father is a Galatasaray supporter. Turkish clubs are very stubborn and if they really want to sign a player, they will eventually get him.

The three big guns (Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas) always try to sign the best turkish players - this is their general ambition. To play for one of these clubs is the bee's knees for every turkish player (or a son of a turk, as for that matter)

Jack Fulham

When I read those quotes about him declaring to Turkey, didn't he say he used to go to his Father's home every summer? I imagine a move would allow him to live there which is a reason why they would think he would sign for them?

Personally, I can't see Frei leaving yet. We've nurtured him well and I doubt he will want end his development with us early.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 20, 2012, 04:55:23 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on June 20, 2012, 04:46:53 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 20, 2012, 04:43:14 PM

Why?
Because Turkey is incredibly special for turkish players - and, even more important, their families. It's not comparable to any other country and I even think I once read his father is a Galatasaray supporter. Turkish clubs are very stubborn and if they really want to sign a player, they will eventually get him.

The three big guns (Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas) always try to sign the best turkish players - this is their general ambition. To play for one of these clubs is the bee's knees for every turkish player (or a son of a turk, as for that matter)

The difference with Frei is that he has lived in lots of places and has parents of different nationalities.

Maybe he will go there, but with everything on the up for him at Fulham, I dont really see why he would risk his career to go somewhere he has only ever been on holiday (by his own admission)

sunburywhite

I know one place he won't go and thats outside the full back
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

elgreenio

If he was that Turkish he wouldn't have played all these years as a Swiss youth national.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

Chesh

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

NogoodBoyo

I don't see any chance of him going to play for a Turkish club.
Nogood "just an onion=an opinion without any pi init, isit" Boyo

sipwell

Quote from: elgreenio on June 20, 2012, 06:00:43 PM
If he was that Turkish he wouldn't have played all these years as a Swiss youth national.

on the contrary, a lot of players play for the team where it is easiest for them to play/train (if your parents live in Switzerland...) and where they have the potential to participate in tournaments. It would not surprise me if the U19 of Switzerland had better accomodation/staff as the U19 of Turkey...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on June 20, 2012, 08:40:53 PM

on the contrary, a lot of players play for the team where it is easiest for them to play/train (if your parents live in Switzerland...) and where they have the potential to participate in tournaments. It would not surprise me if the U19 of Switzerland had better accomodation/staff as the U19 of Turkey...

This sort of explains why he wasn't called up this summer, doesn't it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Quote from: sipwell on June 20, 2012, 08:40:53 PM

Also known as "The Neven Subotić Story"
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick