News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Admin... Please take a deep breath before reading this!

Started by Jambo, June 22, 2012, 11:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

To be fair it is the sort of nonsense spouted on FOF by posters like me about QPR. If we were a day away from the deadline day I would say they were right. But as we know it is a tad too early to speculate but let's all do it anyway because it is fun. As for QPR, they are doing the right thing by bringiing in old, experienced players to bolster the side. May well do them well and they could finish above the bottom three next season again.

As for Fulham I think it is time to panic the day after last season ends. But most normal people are right to wait a bit longer.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...always like the Friday joke slot, I thought it was us who were obsessed with them...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Admin

Maidstone Lee

QPR really are obsessed with us its beyond a joke. They know they'll never be better then us and there just bitter about it! They've just signed some rejects (bar Green) and as for thinking were going down they must be dreaming. I was under the impression that the transfer window wasn't open for a while yet anyway! Can't wait for the smallest team in the Premier league to go down!
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

JBH

What a bunch of Mugs, if they believe that buying an ageing Murphy & Nelson with Sick Note Johnson to play alongside Zamora and co is progress and that we are on the slide then they really are deluded little souls :59:

elgreenio

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on June 22, 2012, 12:24:08 PM
QPR really are obsessed with us its beyond a joke.

disappointingly, I think it's the other way around
touch my camera through the fence

Legate21

One fella slating us for spending big on Johnson, but not complained they've signed him. Also called Ruiz pants, really hope he leaves them trailing in the wake of his lucious locks next season.

hopper

Quote from: elgreenio on June 22, 2012, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: Maidstone Lee on June 22, 2012, 12:24:08 PM
QPR really are obsessed with us its beyond a joke.

disappointingly, I think it's the other way around

6 of one, half a dozen of the other really. seems that is a particularly thick board, but both sets of fans seem pretty incapable of speaking at all objectively about the other. They're improving, and recruiting sensibly - fair enough to them. We are an established premiership club of 10 years or so now, and we're looking upwards with some unbelievable talent in our ranks at the moment, no stress.

Admin

Like I said in another post, let them keep talking tripe because he who laugh's last, laughs the longest. They talk about us as if we've lost 'quality' players. The only players we've lost are the ones we've mugged off to them, over the age of 30. Zamora was good business, good money and they'll never see the best of him, but we did. Johnson, well, had the potential, never fulfilled it, cost us a bag full of money with little return and came with a high salary. Andy gave it his all, was a nice fella but injury prone and couldn't score. Again, we've mugged him off to QPR who are willing to pay his wages, whereas other clubs won't. In my eye's that's 40k of the wage bill to support a better, younger striker.

So far we haven't lost anything?! Demeble' said he's committed, speculation has calmed down about Dempsey, the Pog, well the Pog I'll always argued that he was last minute cover for Zamora and we never really wanted him full time. Reading are still naïve and if true they are paying him £65k over 4 years then they've been well and truly mugged off. Good job it wasn't us!!

Rhodes? Has there really been any interest? Not even Championship proven yet, we've bid 5 million? I wouldn't believe it, we're certainly no mugs when it comes to players. I bet we made an enquiry based on a squad player but nothing more.

Bottom line is, we've lost nothing really, hopefully we won't but will add 3-4 quality players by the end of the season whilst still retaining Dembele', Dempsey. How much will QPR and Reading be laughing then when we're running at them with pure pace?

As I said, a deluded lot over there...   

NogoodBoyo

Well said, Legate.
Nogood "can't argue with that, isit" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

Sorry, I meant "well said Hopper."  Very well said. 
Nogood "easy to get confused by Hopper and Legate, isit"  Boyo

b+w geezer

Quote from: hopper on June 22, 2012, 01:05:00 PM
both sets of fans seem pretty incapable of speaking at all objectively about the other.  
I'll try to be for a moment...

We've been a lot better for over a decade, prior to which they were generally a lot (and sometimes miles and miles) better for over three decades, prior to which we were a lot (and sometimes by miles) better since the year dot. Therefore a genuinely weird situation which can't have many (any??) parallels among adjacent clubs, and so much depends on where one's personal starting point is.

Rupert

I quite liked the comment comparing hating us to hating Bambi.

Sometimes an oyster will produce a pearl.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Jambo

Quote from: Admin on June 22, 2012, 01:30:45 PM
Like I said in another post, let them keep talking tripe because he who laugh's last, laughs the longest. They talk about us as if we've lost 'quality' players. The only players we've lost are the ones we've mugged off to them, over the age of 30. Zamora was good business, good money and they'll never see the best of him, but we did. Johnson, well, had the potential, never fulfilled it, cost us a bag full of money with little return and came with a high salary. Andy gave it his all, was a nice fella but injury prone and couldn't score. Again, we've mugged him off to QPR who are willing to pay his wages, whereas other clubs won't. In my eye's that's 40k of the wage bill to support a better, younger striker.

So far we haven't lost anything?! Demeble' said he's committed, speculation has calmed down about Dempsey, the Pog, well the Pog I'll always argued that he was last minute cover for Zamora and we never really wanted him full time. Reading are still naïve and if true they are paying him £65k over 4 years then they've been well and truly mugged off. Good job it wasn't us!!

Rhodes? Has there really been any interest? Not even Championship proven yet, we've bid 5 million? I wouldn't believe it, we're certainly no mugs when it comes to players. I bet we made an enquiry based on a squad player but nothing more.

Bottom line is, we've lost nothing really, hopefully we won't but will add 3-4 quality players by the end of the season whilst still retaining Dembele', Dempsey. How much will QPR and Reading be laughing then when we're running at them with pure pace?

As I said, a deluded lot over there...   

065.gif plus one :clap_hands:
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

The Equalizer

Damn that was a good chuckle! I loved them having a go at our attendances this season... where did they come over all in the average league attendances? Oh, dead last with 17,000. Some argument they have.

With regards to the transfers, how many other regular top half appearing Premier League clubs have made any incoming transfers so far? Oh, you mean that we're all waiting until the end of the Euros to see what we can handpick from those teams? And we've been linked with the likes of Lassana Diarra and Andrei Arshavin? The only Andre they're likely to get is Andre The Giant!
I guess we must be mugs for not going for the dregs of mid table Prem teams and the lower divisions.

A truly laughable bunch that lot.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Mr Fulham

Just read in and what a load of  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:  :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse: :dead horse:

manxman

What do lemons and QPR fans have on common?

They are both bitter! Lol
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

who cares what a bunch of semi literate monkeys think?

Walsh

He has played 14 games and scored 2 goals, they bought him for 4M and they say we're wasting money? ppssshhhh.

They will only understand what Bobby is about when he hit's every shot into row Z then once in a blue moon he will actually hit the back of the net, he is a very frustrating player to have in a squad and personally I think we have robbed them by selling him for 4M. Johnson isn't actually a bad player but if constantly injured and that's just the players from our club, they have the likes of Cisse and Barton... I think this is for a different thread.