more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN saying Danny having medical at Blackburn

Started by CravenCottager, June 23, 2012, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Quote from: Supermitch on June 23, 2012, 03:40:50 PM
I know he'd undertaken some (general) management courses but not certain of coaching badges.  He will doubtless be missed and fondly remembered having played a pivotal part of the success of the past few seasons.  He has always impressed when on TV / Radio as a pundit and I'm sure there will be opportunities for him in coaching if he chooses that route. 

From the footballing perspective he may be better off at Blackburn as will get more game time.  There were a few occasions last season where he struggled slightly and often was subbed on 70 odd mins.  It is far from certain how he'd cope with another season in the top flight, although will be difficult to replace.

Best of luck Danny, I'm sure we all hope to see him back at the Cottage where, like Roy last season, he'll get a great reception.

He spoke in April of 2008 of doing his B coaching badge the following year.

Nothing confirmed about Blackburn deal being done that I can see so far. Medicals come in many shapes and sizes and do not always preface an immediate signature on a contract.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BalDrick on June 23, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM
Quote from: Drake44444 on June 23, 2012, 11:29:36 AM
Can't believe he is going to the Championship... to Blackburn of all places.

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

Thanks Danny, you're a Fulham Legened in my eye's and willo never be forgotton
25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

It's about game time for him more than money I imagine, and Jol's told him he won't be playing too often (which implies someone coming in), so he's gone elsewhere to get some more game time. I'm pleased for him, he wouldn't have wanted to sit on the bench week-in, week-out
I don't think it implies someone is coming in. I think our central midfield partnership will be Dembele and Diarra. I'm quite confident now that Dembele will stay.

BalDrick

Quote from: The Moose on June 23, 2012, 04:11:18 PM
Quote from: BalDrick on June 23, 2012, 04:03:57 PM
Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM
Quote from: Drake44444 on June 23, 2012, 11:29:36 AM
Can't believe he is going to the Championship... to Blackburn of all places.

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

Thanks Danny, you're a Fulham Legened in my eye's and willo never be forgotton
25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

It's about game time for him more than money I imagine, and Jol's told him he won't be playing too often (which implies someone coming in), so he's gone elsewhere to get some more game time. I'm pleased for him, he wouldn't have wanted to sit on the bench week-in, week-out
I don't think it implies someone is coming in. I think our central midfield partnership will be Dembele and Diarra. I'm quite confident now that Dembele will stay.

Okay well if not someone coming in, then someone we thought was leaving not leaving. Though if he doesn't extend, that'll be a huge loss in 12 months (something I have feared for a while)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Gozorich

He has been great for us, however I don't think we will miss him half as much for his playing abilities as we will as a captain. I have asked here before but who do we have who can cajole, bully and encourage the others as DM does and retain their respect? I don't think there is anyone; we need a motivator and however impressive Brede and Aaron are they are not loud enough.
Anyway, I have enjoyed having DM and its a bit like when we lost Lee Clarke but we're still here.

Good luck Danny (mind you I hope its not true)  065.gif

Burt

I would have thought that even if the club did start to wind down his playing time, they could equally start winding up his coaching time. He has been colossal for us, and it's a shame to see it all ending in a damp squib.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Burt on June 23, 2012, 06:08:31 PM
I would have thought that even if the club did start to wind down his playing time, they could equally start winding up his coaching time. He has been colossal for us, and it's a shame to see it all ending in a damp squib.
plus one

Bassey the warrior

One thing that comes to mind is the comment he made about managers sending out players so pumped up they'd hurt people. He cited Blackburn as an example of this. Having perused over some Blackburn forums I get the impression that still hurts a bit, so he'll need to win them over.

EJL

fulhampa23

Gutted, a special player and an exquisite leader.

Who now will take our penalties?
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

God The Mechanic

Quote from: The Moose on June 23, 2012, 06:31:53 PM
One thing that comes to mind is the comment he made about managers sending out players so pumped up they'd hurt people. He cited Blackburn as an example of this. Having perused over some Blackburn forums I get the impression that still hurts a bit, so he'll need to win them over.

I'd imagine if he helps them get back into the Prem they will forget about that completely ;P

But from a Fulham perspective, I honestly don't think he will be THAT much of a loss.  Yes, quite a lot of the play was processed through him, but surely by keeping him beyond his most effective days (and he was really starting to struggle at times last year) the rest of the team will suffer more when he does eventually leave.  Would you rather lose him now and have someone step up this season and replace him, or keep him and be in that position next season having not really progressed at all?

He's getting on a bit and there were times last season where his passing was utterly infuriating, bearing in mind he is there to keep the ball moving, and I absolutely hated it when he'd misplace a pass by 5/10 yards and then scowl at the player for not being there.  But I may have an bias against his for all the goals he scored for Liverpool against United over the years ;)

Fernhurst

Wow ..... fings they are a changing.

Thanks Danny for everything, but especially for that header at Pompey

No Pog... No AJ... No Danny Smurph, coupled with the relatively recent disappearances of Bobby Zee, Zoltan and The Welsh Wizard on the wing.

We are still not sure what is happening with The Dems or how much of the pitch Duffers will see this coming season.
Surely by definition this must now become a transitional season for us.
It wasn't till Danny's sublime header at Portsmouth did we start to see the "In Roy we Trust" banners. Is our current leader held in such high esteem yet?

Towards the end of last season I loved the stuff we were producing, adding Diarra  to the mix just complimented our silky smooth stuff especially at home.

As others have noted, Pog was a minor sensation at home and the atmosphere generated amongst the team appeared truly sensational, however Jol put his finger on it when the media were in frenzy about him by his observation "He's not Pele's brother". I travelled to Old Trafford and wondered if he could continue to play Premier league.

No replacements from the free transfer boys so lets really hope we have some class acts coming in to replace this little lot.... It's certainly going to be an interesting few weeks coming up.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on June 23, 2012, 09:31:30 PM
coupled with the relatively recent disappearances of [...] The Welsh Wizard on the wing.

Apparently, this man is still there. However, his career seems to be all but over after all the injuries.

Always one of my favourite players, the Digger.

Berserker

Any chance he could get over his injuries for next season Mr Fulham, extra physio or training?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Berserker on June 23, 2012, 10:18:24 PM
Any chance he could get over his injuries for next season Mr Fulham, extra physio or training?

I doubt we'll see him at Fulham next season.