watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN saying Danny having medical at Blackburn

Started by CravenCottager, June 23, 2012, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CravenCottager

Sad to see him go if so. Hopefully just brinkmanship...
"The first 90 minutes are the most important".

SKSW6

Joanna Murphy ‏@joannataylormum
Thank you for all your amazing messages. They have made me cry. It is amazing to know how loved he is by the FFC fans.

AlFayedsChequebook

On the plus side this forum will be on the receiving end of 20 quid from me

epsomraver

Hope this is bull, he has a young family and they are settled at a local school near here, he takes them in each morning from home in kingswood some 4 miles away, not the nearest but they obviously like it and it is a state school as well.

General

rather it blackburn than QPR if i'm being honest.

There seem to be quite a few big wage earners moving on - old ones at that - do you think the club is making or has made plans or signed contracts already hence the reluctance to keep them on?

Assaingh and whatever his name and also elija and Barros... they've all been linked...

In my mind AJ and Bobby when they first came in would've signed contracts that would've had them as top club earners and the club obviously feels they can get better bang for their buck.

BalDrick

Quote from: epsomraver on June 23, 2012, 10:57:17 AM
Hope this is bull, he has a young family and they are settled at a local school near here, he takes them in each morning from home in kingswood some 4 miles away, not the nearest but they obviously like it and it is a state school as well.

All of which supports the theory he could go to Rangers, something I really don't want to see. He is from up there, so makes sense on that angle
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

rusty shackleford

Old yeller is finally getting put down then. Sad to see him go

Drake44444

Can't believe he is going to the Championship... to Blackburn of all places.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: epsomraver on June 23, 2012, 10:57:17 AM

He probably has his place is Cheshire still.  If he is doing/ has done his coaching badges I wonder why he did not get a spot at ours, as Ray is off to the sweet  F A  

The very best wishes to him, he was with us all the way on our roller coaster from almost relegation at Citti to Hamburg ................Excellent Captain, excellent play maker and despite being a red scouser,  he became a Fulham great

dont stand me down

Thanks Danny so many memories of your time with us,my own 2 highlights the ball for Dio at Man City which had me in tears that day,and the ball for Simon Davies in the semi final at the Cottage-what a season that was and one I'll probably never see the like of again.

Sector9

She has just tweeted to say he wasn't going to get full games next season (I presume starting). Good luck Danny, one of the best I've seen!

Mr_Moon

I hope we have someone good coming in. With all the contracts up next summer, I fear we might see a very different midfield come the first game.

Admin

Quote from: Drake44444 on June 23, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

Thanks Danny, you're a Fulham Legened in my eye's and willo never be forgotton

malcbridger

Whatever you do Danny, you will always be a Fulham legend as a player and captain of our wonderful club. Best of luck mate.

simplyfulham

Nooooooo!

I refuse to believe this is happening. He's still a fantastic footballer, a born leader and an absolute joy to watch.

Fulham legend through and through.. Sign him ffs

There are only really Two things I will not forgive of a Fulham manager:
  1) losing our European home record
  2) letting Danny Murphy go

:dft004:

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

Mr Fulham

Dan, you are a Legend. Good luck to wherever you go. What a fantastic time this has been, and it will be hard to replace you. You were always there, you were our captain and you were always leading by example. I hate to see you go, I hate to see you in another shirt.

You will always be Fulham, Fulham will always be Danny Murphy. Thank You, Captain Dan.

:012:

Admin

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM

25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

The guy is worth more, best of luck to him..

Mitch

A real, real shame. The time had to come, but I can't help but feel it's a year too early. That said, if we can't offer him the playing time than fair enough.

In the middle of the park it's assumed we've now lost Murphy and Etuhu seems to be likely to leave, so providing we play a two man central midfield, that's Diarra and Dembele. I think we'd need another two actual centre midfielders. Who do we think?