more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN saying Danny having medical at Blackburn

Started by CravenCottager, June 23, 2012, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mitch on June 23, 2012, 12:24:43 PM
A real, real shame. The time had to come, but I can't help but feel it's a year too early. That said, if we can't offer him the playing time than fair enough.

In the middle of the park it's assumed we've now lost Murphy and Etuhu seems to be likely to leave, so providing we play a two man central midfield, that's Diarra and Dembele. I think we'd need another two actual centre midfielders. Who do we think?

One or two yes, Gecov will go out on loan, and don't forget Steve Sidwell, who will be back to full fitness after the summer break.

Dembele, Diarra, Sidwell. One or two more will do, I think.

Mitch

Forgot about Sidwell. Think there's better out there, though he's good back up. I'd prefer one really good central signing, but if we did sign a Rakitic or someone (unlikely I know) could we promise them the minutes we couldn't promise Danny? All of the above is on the assumption Dembele is staying ofcourse.

fulhamthroughandthrough

Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 12:15:31 PM
Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: Admin on June 23, 2012, 11:38:06 AM
Quote from: Drake44444 on June 23, 2012, 11:29:36 AM
Can't believe he is going to the Championship... to Blackburn of all places.

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

Thanks Danny, you're a Fulham Legened in my eye's and willo never be forgotton
25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

The guy is worth more, best of luck to him..
Hardly going to get more at Blackburn surely? Especially given the state they are in?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mitch on June 23, 2012, 12:34:09 PM
Forgot about Sidwell. Think there's better out there, though he's good back up. I'd prefer one really good central signing, but if we did sign a Rakitic or someone (unlikely I know) could we promise them the minutes we couldn't promise Danny? All of the above is on the assumption Dembele is staying ofcourse.

I think we will play with a three man midfield. Pretty sure Ruiz will play in the central spot behind the main striker, with Dembele and Diarra being the more defensive players.

Sidwell is an excellent player to have as cover. Hard-working, committed. You need these kind of players.

Drake44444

I heard he was up there last week having talks with Steve Keen who he is still good friends with. He's been offered a player / coach roll for the first season to help get Blackburn back up and a coaching / No.2 roll the following season Premiership depending. Good move for Danny if they are back in the Prem plus he has familly up and around the area.

Fulham only offered him £25k a week as a bit part player for next season and jol told him he'd only be playing a handful of games which tells me someone else is coming in to take his place or it's been handed to Diarra.

Those are all good points, but Venky's has proved to be an absolute joke from everything I have read.  I would not even count on them being around for another year as owners, and whatever plans they have falling apart.  They have little clue what they are doing.

jarv

Good luck to Murph. If his reasons are playing time and introduction to coaching, sound reasons. The man obviously still loves to play.

Walsh

What a shame, good luck Murphy you will be missed!

sipwell

The first ever football shirt I bought has his name on it. *weeps gently*
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

west kowloon white

The too slow comments seem to have dried up.
Wish him all the very best up North-surprised he completed a season under Jol-future coaching role-well Busby /Maybank...

Tonywa

While he was bound to fade out of the side at some stage, I do mot think that time has yet come.  The thing which really frightens me is to think how totally inept we looked last season on almost every occasion he was not in the team. WE have other players who play the same role to be sure, but none of them plays it remotely as well as Dan.

LordNelson

Oh, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling.....'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.  :012:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Bassey the warrior

I'm not worried. We have Diarra who I rate more highly.

psand22

Damn, not what I expected to read today.  Clint better be practicing his spot kicks, with ole reliable moving on.  

Bassey the warrior

Nice to have the whistleblower that is Joanna Murphy, although I expect the club disagree. I'm hearing Murphy is leaving purely to play regularly and that he would've played a cameo role here. I have lots of respect for him for doing that. I do however think it would've been right for him to play a lesser role. Dembele and Diarra will be an excellent partnership. Hope he does well there. Could forge a very good partnership with N'Zonzi, with Dunn playing just ahead of them.

cmg

Exclusive.
Result of Murphy/Blackburn medical:

Murphy - 100% fit and well
Blackburn - sick, unhealthy, liable to collapse

Berserker

Sad he is going, thought he might go into a more coaching role, not sure if he has any qualifications yet in that area, apart from experience that is. Glad he is not going to QPR, well as far as we know. Not convinced he get the game time he wants, if he does he could pick up more injuries. I think we need a captain who can play a whole game as last season when Danny left the pitch after 70 mins we often went into disarray.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Supermitch

I know he'd undertaken some (general) management courses but not certain of coaching badges.  He will doubtless be missed and fondly remembered having played a pivotal part of the success of the past few seasons.  He has always impressed when on TV / Radio as a pundit and I'm sure there will be opportunities for him in coaching if he chooses that route. 

From the footballing perspective he may be better off at Blackburn as will get more game time.  There were a few occasions last season where he struggled slightly and often was subbed on 70 odd mins.  It is far from certain how he'd cope with another season in the top flight, although will be difficult to replace.

Best of luck Danny, I'm sure we all hope to see him back at the Cottage where, like Roy last season, he'll get a great reception.

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on June 23, 2012, 03:14:38 PM

Exclusive.
Result of Murphy/Blackburn medical:

Murphy - 100% fit and well
Blackburn - sick, unhealthy, liable to collapse

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Hatter "How did Danny get into this chicken outfit" Don
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BalDrick

Quote from: fulhamthroughandthrough on June 23, 2012, 12:00:19 PM

25 grandd as a bit part player?! Should have taken it Danny.

It's about game time for him more than money I imagine, and Jol's told him he won't be playing too often (which implies someone coming in), so he's gone elsewhere to get some more game time. I'm pleased for him, he wouldn't have wanted to sit on the bench week-in, week-out
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town