watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When will Woy do a wunner?

Started by Admin, April 04, 2010, 12:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Let's face facts. He never stays anywhere longer than three years and normally bolts when he has reached his potential with any club. With this in mind, next season will be Roy's 3rd year with Fulham. Will he achieve European football again? We he win us any silverware on the resources that he current has or improve the squad much more?

Looking at this evidence and that fact that Woy is on a rolling contract, I'd bet my hat on it that he will only be with us for the 2010/2011 season so that's one more season. I'll think he will push to get us to a cup final i.e. the F.A etc but failing that I can see him moving on.

At Woy's age, I can't see him taking either the England or Olympics job and I can't see him standing for the pace or pressure of the Premiership. I think he will relax once again over seas somewhere in a smallish type league or even heading some back room job for the F.A.

With this in mind and looking at the fact that we we're very lucky to get Woy who would the club most likely replace him with. If I look around at the moment, I honestly can't see anyone who would fit the bill.   :022: 

Jimpav

The thought had crossed my mind but I think he seems fairly happy here. It's better to overachieve at a small club than underachieve at a big club.

In terms of replacements, Mark Hughes is in the wings, Avram Grant would be realistic, not as good as Roy but both proven mangers.

Lighthouse

If England do well and The Manager leaves Roy would be the perfect short term Manager for England. Roy will take the job with the aim to make the next World Cup. However if England buckle and fail then England will continue as they are until the next World Cup under the same management.  Ironic.

Not sure Fulham will ever win any silverware but they will come close. Next season will probably be Roys last for us. Other than the England job Roy will be wanted by other clubs here and abroad. Next season could well see us without European football. We will expect a better season in the league and cups and ours and his expectations may not come to fruition. Roy may decide he has done and gone as far as he can with Fulham.

If Roy leaves at the end or during next season, any number of managers could replace him. We may well go for an untried up and coming manager with Fulham connections. Sean O Driscoll, Lee Clark type. Or a big name with experience.

Right now it would be great to believe Fulham and Roy will go on for the next few years. But if it doesn't and  Fulham can remain in the Prem then both Roy and FUlham have plenty of options open to them.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

For gods sake,not this again :58:
ok I'll bite
Roberto Martinez or Owen Coyle or at a push Tony Pulis

FatFreddysCat

Bloody hell Scot you make Lighthouse look like an optimist.

finnster01

After what Sir Roy has done, not even the annoying "special one" would fit the bill
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Maybe as one last great act of kindness to Fulham, he'll go to Chelsea and swap squads with Grimsby! Achieving 0 pts in a professional league season...now that's a record I wouldn't mind CHelsea getting.

bobby01

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 04, 2010, 12:37:16 PM
If England do well and The Manager leaves Roy would be the perfect short term Manager for England. Roy will take the job with the aim to make the next World Cup. However if England buckle and fail then England will continue as they are until the next World Cup under the same management.  Ironic.

Not sure Fulham will ever win any silverware but they will come close. Next season will probably be Roys last for us. Other than the England job Roy will be wanted by other clubs here and abroad. Next season could well see us without European football. We will expect a better season in the league and cups and ours and his expectations may not come to fruition. Roy may decide he has done and gone as far as he can with Fulham.

If Roy leaves at the end or during next season, any number of managers could replace him. We may well go for an untried up and coming manager with Fulham connections. Sean O Driscoll, Lee Clark type. Or a big name with experience.

Right now it would be great to believe Fulham and Roy will go on for the next few years. But if it doesn't and  Fulham can remain in the Prem then both Roy and FUlham have plenty of options open to them.

Good shout on O'Driscoll Mr L, Donny are a good footballing side and he has done it with few funds, but i still think Murphy will get it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

HatterDon

Can we take the rest of April off from this topic? We've had about 20-25 threads this season about "Roy leaving to manage England" or "When will Roy leave?"

I'm with Rambling Syd [I'm approaching my dotage] Rumpo on this. Unless there's something real that has happened, let's take a few weeks off and enjoy The Whites, okay?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mike_f

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on April 04, 2010, 02:11:39 PM
ok I'll bite
no, no and no.

KCat

In the words of Dr Phill :  get out of the basement !!!!!!

Compairing you to Lighthouse is a total insult to Lighthouse,  he has humour and a way with words   

.....................and it's:

Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: mike_f on April 04, 2010, 11:18:14 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on April 04, 2010, 02:11:39 PM
ok I'll bite
no, no and no.
there's only Lighthouse on here who does negative,so if no who????

Admin

Quote from: KCat on April 05, 2010, 08:59:35 AM
In the words of Dr Phill :  get out of the basement !!!!!!

Compairing you to Lighthouse is a total insult to Lighthouse,  he has humour and a way with words   

.....................and it's:

Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........Roy Roy Roy........

I know where to come next time I need a lift/cofidence boost...

richie17

Five years at Halmstads, two at Bristol City because they went broke, five years at Malmo, couple at Neuchatel before getting the Switzerland job, which he gave up because Inter Milan hired him, that didn't go so well so he went to Blackburn, where he was sacked after two years.   Then followed a few years with jobs he probably felt were beneath him.   It's not that he leaves after two-three years out of boredom, just that the roles he's taken since Inter have not been quite what he's been after I wouldn't imagine, Blackburn excepted.   Now he's got what he wants and unless he gets offered something big I don't suppose there's any reason to assume he'll just go.

tingtawng

you know the answer ,depends on the world cup results .if england do bad he will be called to replace the present Italian gent ,for sure its on the cards .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Vinnieffc

Roy will unfortunately go to Liverpoo to replace Rafa.. We'll end up with Avram Grant or, at a push, Steve Coppell (better option imho)