News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: for anyone who hates jimmy carr..i leave you with this,good night!

Started by cottage cheese, June 25, 2012, 09:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I did not realise he was a plastic
I would not pay money to go and see him.
As for the so-called tax dodging .............creative accounting has been going on for a long time  even Ken Livingstone was creative with his money .

However, I feel sorry for him after reading the disgusting self pitying article by his dad. who
sold his story to one of the reds
On first reading it I begin to feel sorry for him ( the dad ) ...............
It appears, Jimmy cut him out of his life and the dad did not know why ...

Then it is revealed that all three, Jimmy and his two brother are not talking to the father
Hummmmmmmmmm..............................................

AlFayedsChequebook

Not as good as the Angus Deaton Have I got News For You grilling, but fair play to Carr.

EJL

I like Jimmy Carr. Always have time for comedians who tear hecklers to pieces like he does.

ImperialWhite

Holders

I had decided I wasn't going to watch this creep again, like Barrymore and Ross, but I made an exception for that. Thank you for posting it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

TonyGilroy

I saw him live a few years ago.

He can be funny but it's a torrent of relentless one liners that ultimately prove wearing.

Hardly anyone heckled because, I think, they didn't dare. His reponses were more vicious than funny.

I'm guessing that more celebrities than not have good accountants and Carr is probably unlucky to be outed but it's going to be even harder to laugh with him and the hypocricy meter is too high.

He'll be left with plenty of money to enjoy though.

mr-ska

It was a great episode..  they were relentless giving him stick...  first time ive seen Jimmy Carr speechless

The Doctor

I'm with TG on Carr in  general.  I wouldn't particularly make an effor to watch Carr's stand-up or TV shows.  Watched a few minutes of the clip though and was thoroughly entertained.  As embarrassing as things will be for him for a while, he'll probably be fine in the long run.  I can't see this little episode doing him much harm.

At the risk of getting all political, what this guy has done is far worse in my opinion.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-18592468

TonyGilroy

He's a benefits cheat so he'll no doubt go to prison.

He'll have cost the taxpayer though far less than a celebrity with a good accountant. With tax the difference between what's legal and what's not is very fine and often unclear. The guilty though rarely get more than a fine and a penalty.

King_Crud

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 26, 2012, 01:13:52 PM

He's a benefits cheat so he'll no doubt go to prison.

He'll have cost the taxpayer though far less than a celebrity with a good accountant.

or a politician with a good accountant.

TonyGilroy

King_Crud

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 26, 2012, 01:41:49 PM

Any wealthy person with a good accountant.

I know we shouldn't talk about politics so I'll leave it there, because there's a good rant inside me just waiting to get out

Dixie

I enjoyed that clip, thanks for posting.
I think 8 out of 10 cats is pretty funny actually and I like Jimmy Carr, I think he can be very funny.

What I don't understand is this:
What he did is not illegal, so what exactly is all the fuss about?
Millions of people have been doing this for years, including most contract workers that I know, who claim all manner of expenses and pay virtually no tax, but I don't see anyone campaigning against IT contractors!

Seems to me that this country is ruled by the mob and utterly controlled by the media. Look at the way politicians will do anything to get the media onside, they will backtrack, apologise, jump on any passing bandwagon.
Creepy, slimy waste of space the lot of them (apart from Louise Mensch of course!)
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Dixie on June 26, 2012, 02:00:06 PM
I enjoyed that clip, thanks for posting.
I think 8 out of 10 cats is pretty funny actually and I like Jimmy Carr, I think he can be very funny.

What I don't understand is this:
What he did is not illegal, so what exactly is all the fuss about?
Millions of people have been doing this for years, including most contract workers that I know, who claim all manner of expenses and pay virtually no tax, but I don't see anyone campaigning against IT contractors!

Seems to me that this country is ruled by the mob and utterly controlled by the media. Look at the way politicians will do anything to get the media onside, they will backtrack, apologise, jump on any passing bandwagon.
Creepy, slimy waste of space the lot of them (apart from Louise Mensch of course!)

1) It is not illegal no, but that does not make it right.
2) Just because other people also do it, doesn't make it right.

I agree that picking on Jimmy Carr is pretty stupid, but hopefully it will shine a light on the practise. I wont hold my breath though.

TonyGilroy

Whom I'm guessing you think must be worse because if she's the best then...........................

Dixie

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 26, 2012, 02:04:10 PM

Whom I'm guessing you think must be worse because if she's the best then...........................
Actually that is purely based on looks, so I felt bad about calling a pretty lady slimy.
Does that undermine my entire position?!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Dixie on June 26, 2012, 02:45:13 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 26, 2012, 02:04:10 PM

Actually that is purely based on looks, so I felt bad about calling a pretty lady slimy.
Does that undermine my entire position?!!

I'm afraid it does. Politically.

jarv

Excellent post. A very funny man. As far as the tax thing goes, who cares. It has been going on for ever by those wealthy and well connected enough, including the royals. Loved the bit about 60 years, job well done! What job? 064.gif