News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Squad does look a bit thin and inexperienced at the moment..

Started by General, June 28, 2012, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

http://www.fulhamfc.com/MatchAndTeam/PlayerProfiles/1stTeamPlayers.aspx

also - anyone else noticed that we've got rid of AJ, Murphy etc but still kept Etuhu and BH Riise?! - Presumably BH Riise mroe than etuhu but etuhu too would be good choices to get of wage bill if we were aiming to do that for more players.

We definitely should be buying and bringing in more players with less outgoings this summer!

Fingers crossed!

Lighthouse

As we keep saying it is early days. But it is something to consider that we need a replacement for the players who have left and we need to be aware that more players will leave. Our squad will have younger players promoted to the squad but this is a season that we seem to need to accept a lot of change. I know people are worried and will continue to worry until players come in. Right now the talk of Jol wanting to lower the squad age looks ok but with some of the players mentioned coming in, he clearly is aware we need experience to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Riise will be gone on Sunday. His contract will expire end of June.

I don't regard Etuhu as a liability. Obviously we will sign some new players. Who and how good are the questions.

Bassey the warrior

I'm expecting a high turnover of players. I just hope we don't start the way Sunderland did.

Ordar

I vaguely remember either Jol or one of the backroom staff saying during the season that they expected a large turn around of players this summer. I would expect the following (including players which have already gone) to leave

Murphy,
Pog,
AJ,
Somogyi,
Grygera,
Halliche,
BH Riise,
Etuhu,
Davies,
Baird

And more than likely Dembele and Dempsey.

Thats actually quite alot of players... so I'm most likely exaggerating

jarv

I disagree. (as long as we keep key players). Fulham has a very strong central midfield and central defence. Adequate wide players (I include Duff and Davies). Just need STRIKING options. Several other teams ar in much worse shape. Not to worry.

Burt

Agree with Mr Jarv - the area that really needs attention us up front.

JBH

In the imortal words of Cpl Jones

"Don't Panic"  the transfer window isn't even open yet.

Mr Fulham

"Inexperienced"?

Compared to last year's Fulham? Yes.
Compared to other Prem teams? No.

Schwarzer, Riise, Duff, Hangeland, Hughes, Diarra, Dempsey....all very experienced players.

We need some English players or we'll have trouble with the HG list.

NogoodBoyo

General.  Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and smile, smile, smile.  Nothing to worry about here - unless you're running the club.  Then there's always something to worry about.
Nogood "Generally speaking, isit" Boyo

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 28, 2012, 01:53:33 PM

It appears (From the Premier League website), that the number of home grown players isn't the thing being measured, it's the amount of NON home grown players (news to me!)

"To ensure that Premier League Clubs continue to produce top home-grown talent, the 20 Clubs introduced a Home Grown Player rule from the start of the 2010/11 campaign. Clubs cannot name more than 17 non home grown players aged over 21. For example some clubs will have a squad list of 23 because they may have 17 over 21 non home grown players."

Also, the amount of recognised home grown players in our current squad is eight, BUT players like Etuhu, Baird, Hughes and Sidwell could leave the club, which I suppose would mean we will use people like Alex Kacaniklic, Kerim Frei and Matthew Briggs. Also, should Kasami still be with us at the age of 21, he would be counted as a home grown player (three seasons between ages of 16-21, he joined at 19).

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Ordar on June 28, 2012, 11:52:39 AM
I vaguely remember either Jol or one of the backroom staff saying during the season that they expected a large turn around of players this summer. I would expect the following (including players which have already gone) to leave

Murphy,
Pog,
AJ,
Somogyi - Taken up a one year extension
Grygera - Depending on pre-season he might stay
Halliche,
BH Riise,
Etuhu,
Davies,
Baird - Staying and has said so.

And more than likely Dembele and Dempsey.

Thats actually quite alot of players... so I'm most likely exaggerating

@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on June 28, 2012, 03:01:11 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 28, 2012, 01:53:33 PM

It appears (From the Premier League website), that the number of home grown players isn't the thing being measured, it's the amount of NON home grown players (news to me!)

"To ensure that Premier League Clubs continue to produce top home-grown talent, the 20 Clubs introduced a Home Grown Player rule from the start of the 2010/11 campaign. Clubs cannot name more than 17 non home grown players aged over 21. For example some clubs will have a squad list of 23 because they may have 17 over 21 non home grown players."

Also, the amount of recognised home grown players in our current squad is eight, BUT players like Etuhu, Baird, Hughes and Sidwell could leave the club, which I suppose would mean we will use people like Alex Kacaniklic, Kerim Frei and Matthew Briggs. Also, should Kasami still be with us at the age of 21, he would be counted as a home grown player (three seasons between ages of 16-21, he joined at 19).

But we can't use Kaca, Frei and Briggs because they are not aged over 21.

The Rock

With each passing day I get more worried who is going to be brought in. We can't afford to lose our truly best players in Dembele and Demps. I just hope that calibre of player is coming into our revamped side.

The King

HatterDon

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on June 28, 2012, 03:42:46 PM
Shefti Kuqi is both fat and experienced...

a Shefki Kuqi mention?

Ah, dammit Finn, I miss you.  9739.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel