watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it me?

Started by BalDrick, July 01, 2012, 04:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cusackdribble

This board is the best Fulham discussion board around I reckon and I'm sure the recent downturn is just the usual summer lull. However, those in charge (moderators I believe they're called in modern-day speak) do seem to take themselves rather the seriously and tend to throw their toys out of the pram at the first sign of criticism. Am I banned now?

Admin

Quote from: cusackdribble on July 01, 2012, 06:25:15 PM
This board is the best Fulham discussion board around I reckon and I'm sure the recent downturn is just the usual summer lull. However, those in charge (moderators I believe they're called in modern-day speak) do seem to take themselves rather the seriously and tend to throw their toys out of the pram at the first sign of criticism. Am I banned now?

Your'll find this due to us having to constantly put up with people trying it on.

The King

I do agree, the smileys are abysmal.  :020: :dead horse: 092.gif 079.gif

LBNo11

Quote from: cusackdribble on July 01, 2012, 06:25:15 PM

...yes, for making a sweeping generalisation!  084.gif

Joking aside, all us moderators are only amateurs at what we do, we have no training and can make mistakes, we have the same fears and passions as everyone else, and despite others' opinions (who we have also banned) to the contrary - we are only human, but we try our best - now would you like to join our clicque..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Quote from: The King link=topic=23011.msg280584#msg280584 date=134116 plus one4179
I do agree, the smileys are abysmal.  :020: :dead horse: 092.gif 079.gif
plus one

Oops...

cusackdribble

Testing, testing...

LBNo11

Quote from: cusackdribble on July 01, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Testing, testing...

...damn,  where is that ban button again..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

I quite like the smiley things, does that make me a bad person  :'(
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jack Fulham

nothing to discuss in the off season apart from potential signings really.

cottage cheese

it will soon pick up once we start signing some players no doubt.

TonyGilroy

I have a look on here several times a day but don't really have a lot to say that's football related in the absence of games.

Transfer speculation fascinates but is mostly bollox. I'm looking forward to the friendly at Wycombe but that's a month away.

Complaining about lack of interest on here ought to put the onus on the complainer to say something interesting. Baldrick hasn't quite done that but he's prompted this not very interesting response.

mr-ska

It's the close season..  we can bang on about stupid transfer rumours till the cow comes home, but 99.9% of them are just not true. If the truth be known.. there isnt much to talk about.

Baldrick  im sorry you feel this way, ive looked on TIFF recently and i agree the standard seems to be on the up again..  and i hope it continues.  If you feel more comfortable posting on there..  fill your boots..  we just want a well run board. It's not a popularity compettion.

If anyone has any queries or questions or anything..  please pm me and ill do my best to help out.

If you fallen out of love with FOF  post on another board..  we honestly wont hold it against you..

We're all Fulham at the end of the day...

jarv

It is summer/ close season as others have said. Bound to be a bit quiet.  As an exile, I love some of the posts about other topics, pubs in Putney, Fulham and most recently, the post on cricket. For me, it is like having a chat/beer with a few mates I have never met but have quite a lot in common.

Quiet? yes. Boring? not. 

If we sign Rhodes, can we get a Scottish flag please. Actually, didn't we sign a teenage Scot? Does that not count yet?

MOR :

Best Fulham Forum by a long way...no complaints from me.

Scrumpy

Can I just say that I really don't think anyone should be getting all defensive about Baldricks post. I really didn't see it as a personal dig at FOF, and he was at pains to make that clear. A simple question, which had been answered very well by several people, I think.

I read Tiff, but rarely post on there. I find it an easier format to read, especially on my Mobile, and I am sure there are plenty on here that do the same. But FOF is my true love, and I'm sure others feel similar.

I have decided to try a bit harder to generate new posts over the next few weeks to fill some gaps. So be prepared for lots more very average posts from me.  098.gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Mitch

It's the off season and no real transfer rumours are circulating (with the exception of made up ones that we have to take as gospel), so it's understandable.

I like to dip in and out, but I'm not especially part of the clique and wouldn't really consider anyone here a friend, so the majority of the posts during this time do descend into friendly banter and chat, which is fine, but it's not especially intersting to me; this will undoubtedly change however as soon as the transfer window hots up and the season starts!

HatterDon

Quote from: Oiseau on July 01, 2012, 05:00:46 PM

Unrelated point: Eee, this is my 500th post!  :021:

Congratulations!    ... ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!  :011: [ooh, a smilie]
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: Berserker on July 01, 2012, 07:01:01 PM
I quite like the smiley things, does that make me a bad person  :'(

Not at all Mrs. B. I'm sure that something else does, though.  Get Coat gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

King_Crud

i tried to start a cricket thread a few weeks ago and had zero replies. We then got a bit of a cricket thread going a couple of weeks ago, but it died out after a couple of days. That seems to be the way of it at the moment, it's off season, low volumes, and NFR threads seem to die out pretty quickly. It's the dead part of the year for football fans

SouthfieldWhite

I have to admit I don't post or read the board as much as I'd like, what with work and other football duties

But it's the only board that I do bother to read or post

So what if it's quiet, as others have said its the close season and I'm in the minority as I can't be bothered with idle transfere gossip as 99% of it is bullpoo

I'm more interested when we've actually signed a player and 8 times out of 10 it's a player no ones even mentioned

We all know Admin is I big girls drama queen  :hook:, but to be fair Admin and the other Mods keep this board very well run and do it in their own time without asking for payment, in fact I believe they even put their own money into this site

There is always going to be cliques as the more you post the more you get to know someone which a lot of the times turns to becoming more friendly with each other

Relax, enjoy the break and I'm sure once we sign players and the season starts, things will pick up...... So that will keep the mods on their toes.

;-)