watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham v Charlton friendly behind close doors

Started by SouthfieldWhite, July 02, 2012, 05:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

Thanks to the bloody Olympics, Fulhams friendly v Charlton is being played behind close doors.

I thought getting the Olympics but the more that goes on the more annoyed I'm getting,

My council tax has gone through the roof to help pay for it, no scaffolding is going up in London which potentially puts me out of work, roads are going to be choc a block, etc etc etc

That's all well and good but the thing that has pissed me off the most now is our friendly v Charlton is having to be played behind close doors

jarv

Couldn't agree more with your sentiment. Interesting comment on sky news, poland/ukraine apparently lost a bundle, except for the people at the top (sound familiar) running the euros. Good luck London, will be interested to see how much is lost on this extravagansa when all said and done. Look forward to Boris' excuses. Give me Fulham v Charlton any day.

Fletchino

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 02, 2012, 05:55:16 PM
Thanks to the bloody Olympics, Fulhams friendly v Charlton is being played behind close doors.

I thought getting the Olympics but the more that goes on the more annoyed I'm getting,

My council tax has gone through the roof to help pay for it, no scaffolding is going up in London which potentially puts me out of work, roads are going to be choc a block, etc etc etc

That's all well and good but the thing that has pissed me off the most now is our friendly v Charlton is having to be played behind close doors

Is that because your a Charlton fan?

Admin

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 02, 2012, 07:01:48 PM

It's because he won't get to see his best mate Chris Powell ;-)

Fletchino

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2012, 07:11:17 PM

Does Chris Powell even know there mates?

Admin

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 02, 2012, 07:20:46 PM
Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2012, 07:11:17 PM

Does Chris Powell even know there mates?

As fafr as Neil say's, they are besties ;-))

SouthfieldWhite

Awwww look who's come out to play, tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber ;-)

Admin please don't give me a cooling off period for calling you that  :hook:

As you mention it I might give Chris a bell to get me in as one of his staff  scarf

Admin

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 02, 2012, 07:29:30 PM

As you mention it I might give Chris a bell to get me in as one of his staff  scarf

Flushed out good and proper. Fletchio said it'd be this easy ;-))

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2012, 07:31:10 PM

Don't try the old Wadey logic on me ;-)

So take it I'm not banned yet ;-)

Fletchino

Quote from: Admin on July 02, 2012, 07:31:10 PM

Admin please don't give me a cooling off period for calling you that  :hook:

As you mention it I might give Chris a bell to get me in as one of his staff  scarf

EASY EASY EASY...... You shut up.....EASY EASY EASY  :hook:

Fletchino

Why would he take his cleaner to a game?

Admin

Quote from: FLETCHINO on July 02, 2012, 07:39:21 PM

Why would he take his cleaner to a game?

:005:

LBNo11

...it must be difficult being self-employed and to lose money because of the Olympics through no fault of your own - and with no chance of recompense.

I suggest you award yourself a bonus and then dispute it with yourself and go on strike over that period.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 02, 2012, 08:04:11 PM
...it must be difficult being self-employed and to lose money because of the Olympics through no fault of your own - and with no chance of recompense.

I suggest you award yourself a bonus and then dispute it with yourself and go on strike over that period.. :dft012:

Great idea Ed, although I'm self employed, I still have a boss ( the wife) and she won't let me strike

I could get a temporary job at a circus , but the already gave 2 clowns don't the Fletch and Admin ;-)

Burt

Putting aside the personal impacts, costs etc. associated with the Olympics I have to say that I am really looking forward to them.

I managed to get a Olympic Park entry ticket for one of the afternoons, and also as the cycling will be going past (near enough) the bottom of my road I also get free attendance to some of the events!

The Doctor

Quote from: Burt on July 02, 2012, 08:46:20 PM
I managed to get a Olympic Park entry ticket for one of the afternoons

Hang on, you need a ticket just to get into the Olympic Park during the games?  Might need to rethink what I'm doing with some of my time off

SG

Quote from: The Doctor on July 02, 2012, 08:52:44 PM

Hang on, you need a ticket just to get into the Olympic Park during the games?  Might need to rethink what I'm doing with some of my time off

I will be avoiding London like the plague during this period. Just think what cash strapped grass roots sport in this country could do with the £9.6 billion it is costing to stage this IOC extravaganza. A lasting legacy ? Dream on.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: SG on July 03, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
Quote from: The Doctor on July 02, 2012, 08:52:44 PM

I will be avoiding London like the plague during this period. Just think what cash strapped grass roots sport in this country could do with the £9.6 billion it is costing to stage this IOC extravaganza. A lasting legacy ? Dream on.

There's a lot of back handers going on ( alledgley)
It's a big con these Olympics, most of the work has been carried out by oversea contractors, so much for giving jobs for locals

Also the Arsenal international soccer festival at the royal holloway uni in , which I normally enter a kids team in , has had to be cancelled this year because of the Olympics

bah humbug