more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

10 Worst Fulham Premier League Signings

Started by King_Crud, July 04, 2012, 12:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 04, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
i thought andreason was what we needed at that time a bit of steel in the midfield.

have people forgotten about simon elliot,
elrich,
runstrom,
drobny,
lastuvka (remember conceded goals by letting the ball run under his arm)
warner
brown(such a thug and had 1 good game against chelsea)
radzinksi (utter utter sh**e)
healy

i have so many who deserve to be on this list over kamara (who saved us)

Radzinski - utter sh**e - really?

OK, he wasn't world class, but I would have him down as average rather than at the other end of the spectrum.

Enrich - totally agree.

Marlet has got to top the list really. Completely underwhelmed with him.

General

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 04, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
i thought andreason was what we needed at that time a bit of steel in the midfield.

have people forgotten about simon elliot,
elrich,
runstrom,
drobny,
lastuvka (remember conceded goals by letting the ball run under his arm)
warner
brown(such a thug and had 1 good game against chelsea)
radzinksi (utter utter sh**e)
healy

i have so many who deserve to be on this list over kamara (who saved us)

Was just about to say Elrich - think you're being pretty harsh on Brown and Radzinski though - I loved Radzinski and he gave his all for this club, definitely doesn't deserve to be in the league with the likes of Litmanen, Elrich, Drobny, Warner et al..

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Alan_C on July 04, 2012, 08:37:10 PM
Bobby Petta, Simon Elliot, Paul Parker (the return of) and possibly more controversial Steve Sidwell.
Sidders? Why?

cottage cheese

i always hated brown, offered nothing and gave away stupid fouls.
I understand some people liked radz but for me could not pass, shoot and tackle!(always shy and never got a foot in)

There are so many more shocking players that have graced the shirt like stoor??? kallio?? nicolas jensen (who lived on his reputation for that stunning goal for city) apart from that he was soo bad. 

We always have a habit of buying random keepers like batista and herrera (who nearly saved the pen against spurs)

beijing ben

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 05, 2012, 09:46:56 AM
i always hated brown, offered nothing and gave away stupid fouls.
I understand some people liked radz but for me could not pass, shoot and tackle!(always shy and never got a foot in)

There are so many more shocking players that have graced the shirt like stoor??? kallio?? nicolas jensen (who lived on his reputation for that stunning goal for city) apart from that he was soo bad. 

We always have a habit of buying random keepers like batista and herrera (who nearly saved the pen against spurs)

Stoor and N Jensen are good shouts..

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

Gozorich

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 04, 2012, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 04, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 04, 2012, 12:47:49 PM
Stolcers was bought during the championship promotion year? .Think Kamara repayed his fee alone with those goals at Man City, also think its far too early to put Ruiz in there

Yes, I remember him scoring a cracker away to Tranmere on a Friday night.

And on this note what about the Harley special against Villa form fully 35 yardshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dCPT4puo8

How can any Fulham player scoring a goal like that in a Fulham shirt be listed in worst ever players?

I took an American relative to the 'Harley' game. He had never seen a football match in his life but he was so taken by Harley's goal that he started watching 'soccer' in the States.

HatterDon

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
Stephen Davis?

Davis was an excellent player. He just had an asshat for a manager.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy_M

Quote from: HatterDon on July 05, 2012, 12:19:29 PM
Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 05, 2012, 10:05:33 AM
Stephen Davis?

Davis was an excellent player. He just had an asshat for a manager.

Hehehe 'asshat' don't think I've ever heard anyone called that, but I like it!

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 04, 2012, 10:40:52 PM
Bobby Petta, Simon Elliot, Paul Parker (the return of) and possibly more controversial Steve Sidwell.
Sidders? Why?

Echo this as to why?!? I thought he was great at the end of the Hughes season. OK maybe great is a bit over the top, but was a very solid player!
@got_maile

alfie

Gonna come down slightly on the side of Marlet, i knew him quite well and his big transfer fee had bugger all to do with him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

I think Sidders is alright,  the only thing i worry about is his getting a red card as he can be a bit of a dirty tackler
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: MasterHaynes on July 04, 2012, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: Two Ton Ted on July 04, 2012, 02:47:45 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 04, 2012, 12:47:49 PM
Stolcers was bought during the championship promotion year? .Think Kamara repayed his fee alone with those goals at Man City, also think its far too early to put Ruiz in there

Yes, I remember him scoring a cracker away to Tranmere on a Friday night.

And on this note what about the Harley special against Villa form fully 35 yardshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8dCPT4puo8

How can any Fulham player scoring a goal like that in a Fulham shirt be listed in worst ever players?

I see FFC has just put this goal on the main site voting it in at no 3 of all time best goals, so, worst player scores 3rd best ever goal doesn't really go scan does it.

Did one of his missed piledrivers into the Hammy end hit you on the head? I can't see any other reason how he would get in to anyones worst ever list

Mike

A number of these players are well known because they were good enough to play for Fulham a fair few times. Elrich on the other hand displayed the ability of being the worse ever player each time he trotted on to the pitch. I remember fondly sitting next to my young lad watching him for the first time. The ball was rolled out to him on the wing and as he went to control it; it went under his foot. Fair enough every one has an off day. The second piece of evidence was the open goal miss from about a yard. The player by whom all need to be measured from when marking out of 10. When playing really badly they get at least a 1 because they weren't as bad as Elrich.
1879 a good year for football

valdeingruo

I cant agree with the Ruiz bit, both goals he has taken were class, he covers alot of ground and looked to be gaining confidence before injury. I look to Dembele for adjustment period since they came from the same league. He has barely one season under his belt and hasnt left us yet, shouldnt even be considered imo.

Kamara, yeah he should have scored more, but would you be willing to trade 6 mil for a next season in the top flight, i think so.

As for HD's asshat comment, love it and agree. Wonder if we may see some "team 12" "oldco" "rangers" or whatever you want to call them now end up here.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Alan_C

Sidders? Why?

I don't rate him. A box to box player that doesnt do much between. Unlike the others he arrived really at what might've referred to as a smaller club and frankly brings nothing over others already not regulars in the team. Will be shown up as a player that can't pass or build up play if he gets a chance this season.

HatterDon

Quote from: Alan_C on July 05, 2012, 09:38:31 PM
Sidders? Why?

I don't rate him. A box to box player that doesnt do much between. Unlike the others he arrived really at what might've referred to as a smaller club and frankly brings nothing over others already not regulars in the team. Will be shown up as a player that can't pass or build up play if he gets a chance this season.

You do get the feeling that the scout that recommened him to Chelsea had to look for a new job about a month after Sidwell got to the Dog Track.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Quote from: alfie on July 05, 2012, 12:55:20 PM
Gonna come down slightly on the side of Marlet, i knew him quite well and his big transfer fee had bugger all to do with him.

I agree, I think he is far over-abused. His fee and the manner of his going were out of his control. Played in position he could be influential, Coleman got more out of him and didn't want him to go but by then the die was cast. I shall never forget his goal against Newcastle.

I also disagree with Ruiz being on this list, his almost-telepathic understanding with Dempsey promised so much before his injury and Dempsey's possible departure.

And Kamara? Worth it for his goals at Man City alone, if you were to ask Mo.

Not so many seasons ago Baird would have been on this list but not to be seen on the strength of some gritty performances he's won the fans over, even if he's scarcely seen now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria