watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diego Forlan

Started by craig10, July 04, 2012, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig10

has had his contract at Inter Milan cancelled... could we afford him? amd would we welcome him here?

SKSW6

Not for me. I imagine his wages would be pretty high, he's 33, plus we've already brought in an experienced striker this window.

valdeingruo

I dont know if we would particularly like him here. One hes getting old, yes he can still score but anyone remember an evening in Hamburg? In short he could do a job for us, however i would like a young striker that we can get a good few years out of.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ElissonSnygg

I would definetely welcome him. But can't see it happening.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

MasterHaynes

If he  has had his contract cancelled I suspect there must be an issue otherwise they would have sold him for a nominal fee to get something back, it's not as if he would be in the same situation as Sa, he is a proven goalscorer. I would suspect there is either an long term injury or some personal reasons that he wants a release to go back to Sth America

CincyFulham

It'll never happen. He wants to return home and look after his parents after his younger brother was eaten by piranhas.

Berserker

Is that true about the fish, was he totally eaten or just a part the was life threatening?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

I'd have welcomed him a few years ago but not now, unfortunately.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HillingdonFFC

He gets slaughtered for doing his job and shattering our dreams in the clubs biggest game in its history but my overriding memory of him is ,consoling nearly every Fulham player and giving us(the fans) a little clap. Showed a bit of class that night, bit long in the tooth now I fear

Burt

Probably past his best, but as a result his wages may not be so ludicrous.

I'd be happy to see him here!

LBNo11

...could we please buy him, make a quantum leap two years past with him in a Fulham shirt and he scores the winning goal for us and WE win the Europa - not much to ask is it..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

EJL

Would love it to happen, but it's probably not a good idea.

God The Mechanic

He's the Will Smith of football. Impossible to dislike in spite of everything (Hamburg/Hitch).

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Basil

Loving the Will Young analogy

Berserker

Will Smith, bit different to Young ;-)

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Basil

Read it wrong! Still kinda works though.

Berserker

Yes agree Will Young is kinda likable type

- Martin Luther King Jr.

leonffc

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 04, 2012, 07:21:18 PM
He gets slaughtered for doing his job and shattering our dreams in the clubs biggest game in its history but my overriding memory of him is ,consoling nearly every Fulham player and giving us(the fans) a little clap. Showed a bit of class that night, bit long in the tooth now I fear

Exactly what I was going to say.
  But people were urging us to sign Konchesky back from Liverpool. The player that gave the ball away needlessly for 'that' goal. A player that done it all the time. As you say, Forlan was doing his job, very well, and showed class afterwards.

fulham pete

He showed a LOT of class that night. His recognition of the FULHAM  fans and our respect to him in return helped us all leave that stadium with heads held high, even if there was a tear in our eyes.

Would he cut it in the prem next year? - who knows - but I would be proud to have him in my team.