more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hi All (First Post)

Started by George G, July 04, 2012, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George G

Hi guys,

This is my first post. I have been following this message board for a long time now and I thought it was about time I started to contribute.

I am interested to see what everyone thinks about the coming season and what you think are the key areas in which we need to strengthen.

I personally think that a RB is key. Kelly is a stable player but I think we are at a stage now where stable just isn't enough.

The big one though is replacing Danny, who will be a much harder player to replace than some think. I am hoping that a considerable chunk of whatever we spend this summer goes on his replacement. Hopefully we can do what Newcastle did last summer and get someone in the mould of Cabaye and for a similar price tag.

Additionally, I think we need at least two more strikers to balance the squad. Don't get me wrong Petric is a fantastic signing. I have seen that a lot of people think he will only be a bit part player because of his age but believe you me he still has a lot in his tank. His goalscoring record is fantastic and I think he may have a far bigger role to play than some might think. 

A left winger might also be a good shout although I would like to see Frei and Kakiniklic have more first team football and really progress. If, dare I say it, we keep hold of Dempsey and Dembele, and add to the squad in the areas mentioned then maybe next season will be a very successful one.

Anyway let me know your thoughts and hello to you all  :wine:

Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

mr-ska

Hello and welcome George G......

The Rock

I agree as long as money is spent in the right places like RB/winger and in a striker. Jump in, the waters warm and welcome aboard - there's a bunch of great people here and they are Fulham too!

Reindeer

Cracking first post George.  I agree, Kelly isn't good enough to see another season at right back and was at fault for a couple of goals last season (notably the Spurs opener, which I wrongly attributed blame to Hughes).

When Danny didn't play last season, we looked out of ideas, so a creative in the middle is definitely a consideration.  I feel Ruiz has a lot of vision and can play a good pass, but we'll see what MJ has lined up for him next term.

We have a fair few creative youngsters coming through and will only need a couple of replacements.  Kasami has a masive season ahead of him too.

nickmuir

Hi and welcome George G

and i am looking forward to it as i got my first season ticket so 6 or 7 weeks and season starts

cant come sooner i am buzzing for next season

and if you want to add me on twitter i am BuzznFluff  082.gif

TWFL

076.gif George G.  

Personally I think that a Striker and RB are key. But without Danny centre midfield has become a priority as well so I'd like to see those positions filled. Also I'd like to see two wingers, like Narsingh and Elia, come in along with a young CB to learn from Brede and co. and be slowly bedded in.  

It'd be interesting to see who Jol brings in exactly, only time'll tell.

In Jol I Trust.

nickmuir

ok i dont know if this is true but i here Fulham are interested in nickas helenius  21 year old striker

plays for Aalborg BK in the Danish Superliga League

Young Star || Nicklas Helenius || AaB || 2012 || HD

he seems a good little player

Football Updates ‏@Football_U
Nor: Rumour: Fulham, Norwich and West Brom are locked in a three-way battle for Aalborg striker Nicklas Helenius.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Reindeer on July 04, 2012, 09:56:25 PM
When Danny didn't play last season, we looked out of ideas, so a creative in the middle is definitely a consideration.  I feel Ruiz has a lot of vision and can play a good pass, but we'll see what MJ has lined up for him next term.

A lot of that could have been down to an over reliance on him, one that will need to be and I reckon will be successfully drummed out of whatever players remain. The extra pressure and demand from them should increase the supply cos I reckon a fair few of the current midfield/flair players have the nous to be able to do it, but didn't so as to almost not step on the captains toes.

ffcitaly

Lighthouse

Proper forwards (even if we only play one) we need three more to come in.

As for the right back we need at least cover and wide players would be nuce. But we need FORWARDS.

:fireworks: Welcome George G.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Bronsons

We seem to be linked with wingers, and Jol likes to play that way, so maybe some more pace down the wings will come in, and Diarra will step up and take on that role and make it his, like Danny did when Bullard left. Diarra looks a class player still, and with a proper pre-season under his belt and Ruiz finding his feet in front of him... and Petric and the other goal-scorer we'll bring in... and maybe we keep Dempsey... and Kelly's not that bad...

I'm nervous but optimistic, as usual at this time of year.

Reindeer

Quote from: The Bronsons on July 05, 2012, 12:38:08 AM
We seem to be linked with wingers, and Jol likes to play that way, so maybe some more pace down the wings will come in, and Diarra will step up and take on that role and make it his, like Danny did when Bullard left. Diarra looks a class player still, and with a proper pre-season under his belt and Ruiz finding his feet in front of him... and Petric and the other goal-scorer we'll bring in... and maybe we keep Dempsey... and Kelly's not that bad...

I'm nervous but optimistic, as usual at this time of year.

Kelly is worse than Senderos and takes a fraction of the stick.

HatterDon

Actually, I think both Senderos AND Kelly get far too much stick and the vast majority of it is undeserved.

Welcome sir, and please post at least one more time to get a different status than michael jackson.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FC Silver Fox

Welcome George. I think with Danny's departure, the midfield creativity workload will be spread à la Barcelona. Who will be captain? This could be a bargaining chip to keep Clint but I'm not sure he has the leadership skills or would want the responsibility? I'd make Brede captain.
Right back isn't a weakness but could certainly be made a lot more dynamic with a new addition to the squad. A new striker? Yes, but a classic N°9 to give us this option when needed.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Swedish Terrier

Welcome on board. Great first post, and I think you have summarized what we need in this window very well.

076.gif
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

VicHalomsLovechild

I agree with The Bronsons and HatterdDon. The Thames Barrier of Hughes and Hangaland was underpinned by our midfield playing literally on top of them. That doesn't happen under Jol.

Welcome George

MOR :

Welcome "George G"

I'm looking for us to get another 2 forwards, and someone to do the Murphy role although I'd love to see Kasami given a run at it. Also I'd like to see Gecov play a bit more.

Right back could be a problem with Grygera coming back from injury and although he proved me wrong last season Kelly probably needs replacing.

I'm happy with the 2 left backs. Not sure wheter Baird will get much of a run in the team this season. Same goes for Sidwell...

Burt

Welcome to the board Mr George

Maidstone Lee

Welcome to the board mate, I agree with pretty much all of that. Those are the key areas in which we need to Invest this season we only have 2 forwards at the moment and so more are definetly needed. Can't wait for the new season. C.O.Y.W
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

George G

Thanks for all the welcome messages. Much appreciated.

Agree with all your comments and FC Silver Fox's comment about making Dempsey captain as an incentive for him to stay is a good idea I think. It has to go to Hangeland really though on merit and his leadership skills but the idea of giving it to Dempsey does seem a fair shout.
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC