more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (06/07/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2012, 06:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol eyes Robinson swoop

Fulham are believed to be considering a move for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson after his switch to Turkish side Besiktas stalled.

Robinson is looking to secure a contract away from Ewood Park following the club's relegation from the Premier League, even though he still has a year remaining on his current deal with Rovers.

The 32-year-old had seemed destined to secure a move to Besiktas where he had been lined up as a replacement for veteran Rustu Recber after he announced his retirement, but talks have collapsed and Cottagers boss Martin Jol is now ready to step in to give him an alternative.

Jol worked previously with Robinson at Tottenham and is a big fan of the ex-England international who has made over 150 appearances for Blackburn since leaving White Hart Lane in a £3.5m deal in 2008.

He would face competition from Mark Schwarzer and David Stockdale for a spot between the sticks at Craven Cottage.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/07/05/Jol-eyes-keeper-swoop/gnid-146950/?

WhiteJC

SELLING HUDDLESTONE WOULD BE A GREAT MOVE FOR ALL CONCERNED

One of Tottenham's forgotten men Tom Huddlestone may be offered a career lifeline from former Tottenham and now Fulham boss Martin Jol.

Tom Huddlestone's Tottenham career has stalled after a series of injury plagued his first team opportunities. As players such as Parker, Modric and Van Der Vaart flourished during his absence Huddlestone found himself to be a forgotton man at White Hart Lane.

As Tottenham looked to claim Champions League qualification they have of course improved their squad. Unfortunately, when clubs improve their squads certain players fall by the wayside in the process.

A once promising midfield player, Huddlestone was flourishing at Spurs and seemed like a good prospect for England but injuries and a loss of form coupled with Tottenham's improving squad meant his career stalled like an old car.

Martin Jol is ready to offer him a lifeline at London rivals Fulham as he continues his search for Danny Murphy's replacement. Huddlestone was once regarded one of the best passers in the Premier League and if he can recapture that form he would be an ideal replacement for the midfield maestro Murphy.

Still only 25 Huddlestone has one year remaining on his Spurs contract, couple this with his only four league appearances last season Fulham may just grab Huddlestone at a rock bottom price.

A move would suit all parties as Huddlestone would find himself at a club with less competition and a chance to recapture some form, Fulham would get a potentially great player and Tottenham would add to their transfer kitty and get another player off their wage bill meaning they are in a position of offering bigger name players higher wages.

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/07/premiership/selling-huddlestone-would-be-great-move-for-all-conderned?

WhiteJC

Billy at the Mascot Derby

Our very own Billy the Badger will be making his first mascot appearance before the start of the 2012/13 season at this year's London Mascot Derby, to be run at the Kia Oval at 7.45pm on Friday 6 July.

See Billy burrowing back from his summer holiday, where he spent a fortnight in Dor-Sett, to represent the Whites in an obstacle race alongside other mascots. He will be up against Stamford the Lion, Spark the QPR Cat, Sarrie the Camel and many others.

Aside from the Mascot Derby, Surrey will be taking on Middlesex Panthers in the FLt20  at 6.30pm and it should make for a memorable evening out.

Surrey will be boasting superstar batsman Kevin Pietersen and Ashes winning fast bowler Chris Tremlett as well as future stars Jade Dernbach, Stuart Meaker and Jason Roy.

Their North London opposition are unlikely to be intimidated though, potentially boasting a side including the England trio of skipper Andrew Strauss, inventive Irishman Eoin Morgan and young speed king Steven Finn.

Fulham fans can enjoy the game and support their favourite mascot at a discounted rate thanks to our friends at Surrey County Cricket. Just use discount code MASCOT and save yourself £5 when buying your ticket from kiaoval.com.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/BillyattheMascotDerby.aspx?

WhiteJC

Midfielder Chase On!

As the new season draws painfully slowly nearer, there is another transfer rumour appearing in the press this morning.

It infers that Martin Jol has his eyes on a young Dutch lad who has already made his mark at international level for the U19 Dutch side.

His name is Chris David (I know, not very Dutch is it) and he is rated in the £2 million bracket.

He is currently on the books of the Dutch side FC Twente with his agent, Fabio Alho, confirming our interest by remarking to the media, about his situation,

"Fulham and Ajax both want to be kept informed."

Who`d have believed it years ago, little old us challenging the once mighty Ajax for the signature of a player!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=286477#ixzz1zon6ovEG

WhiteJC

Too tough for Duff! Fulham midfielder feels the burn during punishing Infantry Run

Damien Duff has stolen a march on his Fulham team-mates in pre-season training by taking part in the Infantry Run - a test of endurance undertaken by teams from the IrishFinn battalion of peacekeepers in south Lebanon.

Duff took part in the challenge in what he claims is the toughest challenge he has ever undertaken - and it's easy to understand why.

Job done! Duff look shattered after completing the Infantry Run

The test included a 3km run, pushing an armoured van up a hill, carrying a stretcher with a weight, and running with heavy water canisters.

And despite the severity of the challenge Duff was upset his team didn't win.

'It was tough. Fair play to the lads, I don't know how they do it,' he told the Irish Independent. 'Because of the heat, you just want to stop and go and have a cold shower and a few bottles of water.

No stopping! The endurance test included a 3km run and pushing an armoured van up a hill (below)

'It's amazing the spirit and camaraderie between the lads. They all keep pushing each other and just keep you going. If you could bottle what they have and sell it to football clubs, you'd make a fortune.'

The Republic of Ireland international met all the soldiers at Camp Shamrock and took time to lay a wreath at the memorial to those in the battalion who have fallen.

No stopping! Duff puts in the hard yards at Camp Shamrock in south Lebanon

Battalion commander, Lieutenant Colonel Brian Monahan said: 'As an ambassador for the Irish soccer team, he is absolutely incredible.

'There are no airs or graces about him. I would love to have Damien Duff in the 106th IrishFinn battalion.'

Respectful: Duff poses with troops at the memorial in the grounds of the camp (below)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169286/Damien-Duff-takes-endurance-run-Irish-soldiers.html#ixzz1zonP5T23

WhiteJC

Pogrebnyak deal is completed

Reading Football Club are delighted to confirm that the deal to sign striker Pavel Pogrebnyak has been completed, after the Russian international was granted a work permit.

The sought after 28-year-old joins the Royals on a free transfer and has agreed a four year contract at Madejski Stadium.

Director of Football Nick Hammond said: "We were always hopeful that a permit would be secured but it's still great to get the deal done.

"It'll be nice get him in and working with the lads - he's a great individual, and will fit really well into group."

Manager Brian McDermott added, "We're delighted. It's been a long process to get Pavel to the club and now he's officially a Reading player and everyone is looking forward to working with him.

"Having met Pavel, he is a top guy, his work ethic is excellent and I'm sure he will be very important to our group in the coming years."

Pogrebnyak will take a break to recuperate from his involvement in Euro 2012 before arriving at Hogwood Park for the first time.

There were a number of clubs across Europe interested in the experienced forward, and this signing is a major coup for the club - and simultaneously a signature of intent, especially given a summer that has already seen the arrivals of Garath McCleary and Danny Guthrie.

The frontman had a successful loan spell at Fulham at the tail end of the 2011/12 campaign - scoring six goals in 12 games for the Cottagers.

He had previously made a name for himself in the Russian Premier League, notably with Zenit St. Petersburg - whom he helped steer to victory in the 2008 UEFA Cup - finishing as the tournament's joint top scorer.

The following season he found the net in his club's 2-1 European Super Cup victory over Manchester United, before experiencing Champions League Football against the likes of Juventus and Real Madrid.

Pogrebnyak arrives on a Bosman following the expiration of his contract with Bundesliga outfit Vfb Stuttgart - for whom he scored 19 goals in 56 (+25) appearances.

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2817620,00.html?

WhiteJC

Fulham boss Jol closing in on deal for Cologne left back Riether

Fulham are closing on a deal for Cologne left back Sascha Riether, 29.

The versatile defender looks set to join the ranks at Craven Cottage on a one-year loan deal, with an option to buy.

He made 17 outings last year for relegated Cologne and has also made two appearances for the German national team.

London-bound: Riether

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2169400/Fulham-boss-Jol-closing-deal-Cologne-left-Riether.html#ixzz1zooqy1rF

WhiteJC

The "All Summer 2012 Fulham Transfer Window" Team

In honor of the ridiculous flurry of players Fulham have been linked with, I've decided to do a special post.  I was looking at Twitter today and I thought to myself, "boy, you could make a whole team with these guys!" So, guess what........I DID.  I'm sure this will get amended as the window continues, but as of now these are the biggest names involved with the club out of the gates.  Some are probably legitimate and others are ridiculous, but they all count the same here! So without further ado...

Here's the Starting XI for the "ALL SUMMER 2012 FULHAM TRANSFER WINDOW" Team:
Goalkeeper: Paul Robinson

Paul Robinson is seeking an exit from Blackburn, who will play in the Championship next season
You know it's a crazy transfer window when we get linked with a goalkeeper these days.  Fulham are certainly not short on talent at this position already, with Mark Schwarzer in the running for captain and David Stockdale a fan favorite and up-and-coming talent sure to be the Aussie's successor if he sticks around.  But, for whatever reason, Fulham are being linked with relegated Paul Robinson, who is leaving Blackburn since Ewood Park won't be the site of any Premier League matches this season.  He was originally linked with a move to Besiktas since their keeper is retiring.  But according to a bunch of journalists, he's also being tracked by Fulham, for reasons I can't begin to explain.  Oh well, we'll see.

Full-back: Danny Simpson and Alexander Buttner

Fulham are certainly in the market for a right-back, but have been linked with men who play on both sides of the goalkeeper in the past month or so.  There have been links with Newcastle star Danny Simpson, and our very own guest poster Nick said here that he could be a top choice to fill the right-back hole that Martin Jol is currently looking to plug.  He would be a top choice, and I think many Fulham fans would agree.  He's 25 still, and in the prime of his career, something that ultimately could doom Fulham in their pursuit of Simpson.  He very well could be had by some of the top clubs in the league, and especially where Newcastle finished in the league last season, he would want to move up, not down the table.

Alexander Buttner is certainly not the boring type.
There have also been connections between Fulham and mowhawked left-back Alexander Buttner from Vitesse Arnham.  Even younger at a ripe 23, the Dutchman is an intriguing but also a bit of a head-scratching selection by Martin Jol if true.  Fulham already have John Arne Riise and Matthew Briggs to hold down the left back position, so to add another to the mix would seem at first glance excessive.  However, with Buttner being only 23, and Riise getting on in age, he could be a good bench player and injury depth.  Briggs is even younger, but Buttner could prove useful not just next year, but down the road as well.

Center back: Tomas Sivok and Michal Kadlec

Tomas Sivok (right) fights for the ball. The Czech international could come to the Cottage on a free.
Sivok has been linked to Craven Cottage many times in the last month or so in a move that I find to be very similar to the Buttner train of thought.  The two starting center backs are two of the best, and maybe one of the Premier League's best pairings, but between those two Hughes and Hangeland, they're getting old (see a common theme? now you know why Jol wants to get younger).  Senderos is 27, but again, Jol is looking for depth here, and I don't blame him.  Sivok also would come on a free, since Besiktas hasn't chosen to resign him.

Bayern Leverkusen's Michal Kadlec, who usually plays on the left but is also very capable in the middle, is said by Dutch press to be close to agreeing to a deal with Fulham and may have a medical in the coming days if the rumor is true.  The 27 year old Czech made headlines a little while ago.  You may remember, especially now with all the news about goal-line technology being adapted, Kadlec headed a ball off the line against Poland in Euro 2012 that beat Petr Cech, and the ball appeared to hit the inside of the post but it wasn't called a goal.

Kadlec: http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/6/29/3125786/fulham-close-to-agreeing-a-deal-with-bayer-leverkusen-for-defender

Midfield: Tom Huddlestone and Tongo Hamed Doumbia

Tom Huddlestone is a longshot for Martin Jol, but would be an excellent buy should he pull it off.
With Danny Murphy gone, the midfield is a bit of an issue.  Steve Sidwell and Mahamodou Diarra are both very capable of being regulars, but once again (sound like a broken record?) Sidwell is 29 and Diarra is 31.  You can't expect them to hold down the fort an entire season.  Plus, Sidwell's coming off a hernia injury that kept him out most of the second half of last season, so knocks are always a worry. In addition, Moussa Dembele is going to leave sooner or later.  All this adds up to a definite need.

Tom Huddlestone would be a wonderful addition, and Martin Jol has once again been linked to his former club to fill a need.  He's an excellent passer of the football, plus and he's been deemed somewhat of excess at White Hart Lane.  Also, he's 25, so he's got plenty of years ahead of him, as well as being in his prime.  He has one year left on his contract with Spurs, a big reason why new boss Andre Villas-Boas may consider cashing in on him now.  If Jol were able to pull this off, I would expect Huddlestone to step into the starting lineup pretty quickly.  However, a lot depends on what AVB has in store for his new club, and as always when dealing with a club with a new manager, this may take time as AVB first needs to put together a plan for how he intends to move forward, who is necessary, and who is extra weight.  I wouldn't expect anything in the immediate future on this front.

Tongo Hamed Doumbia is a defensive midfielder who plays for Rennes in the French Ligue 1.  I haven't seen his name pop up too much, but he's been mentioned in the occasional tweet or random blog article.  Nothing concrete has been written on this link but with the aforementioned need for true midfielders, landing the 22 year old French and Ivorian would be a great way for Jol to fill a need and boost the younger ranks.  He's quite inexperienced, but in his three years with Rennes he's vastly improved in every season, so a move up would be solid, and at £2-£2.5 million he's a cheaper option as well.  If anyone knows more about Doumbia, good or bad, feel free to post it.  I've seen rumors on Twitter from French bloggers that he's headed for a Premier League club, but the identity of the club is unknown.

Winger: Eljero Elia and Nacer Chadli

With Bryan Ruiz, who many think should play centrally behind the striker(s), and the 33 year old Damien Duff (who's been answering questions about retirement recently, if that doesn't speak to his age I don't know what does) the only viable wingers on the club, save maybe Clint Dempsey who's not a guarantee to be with Fulham next season (and almost a guarantee NOT to be with the club past January) it's clear why Martin Jol would want to add to the winger ranks.

Eljero Elia's name has been saturating my Twitter feed in the past 48 hours, and it seems a lot of Fulham fans, bloggers, etc are tracking his movement.  The Juventus 25 year old has handed in a transfer request after a rocky season in Italy, where he played just 4 matches with the Serie A champions.  Even though he's only 25, he's played in the Eredivisie, Bundesliga, and Serie A, making him quite experienced for his age.  Word around Twitter is that it's between Werder Bremen and Fulham, with Juventus looking to completely unload Elia but Bremen only willing to take him on loan.  It's also been said that he's agreed to terms with Bremen and only the clubs' discussions are holding things up.  So we'll see what happens.  He's certainly been tweeting a lot of cryptic stuff in the past few days.

A winger who's a lot of people think is on the cusp of big things is Nacer Chadli.  His name has been next to Fulham's for a while now, dating back to last January.  He was even quoted with saying he would love to come to Fulham, with special thanks to fellow Belgian Moussa Dembele:

"I want a new challenge, and England would be the most attractive. Fulham? That's a nice club. Look how Dembele has developed in the past two years. That has been a good step for him because now Manchester United and Chelsea ask about him and I hope to take the same step as Moussa."

Does that mean Chadli might use Fulham as a stepping stone? Probably. But I don't care, as long as we can get a few good seasons out of him, it would work out in our favor either way. He netted six times last year and assisted six more, so he would be a great addition to the wings at Craven Cottage.  Keep an eye out on this one.

Striker: Steven Fletcher and Burak Yilmaz

If Wolves stand their ground, Martin Jol would have to break the bank to get Steven Fletcher's services, and big ears, to Craven Cottage.
Wolverhampton are looking to cash in on Steven Fletcher after their relegation to the championship, and word is Fulham are interested, along with Sunderland and Stoke.  However, Wolves decided to slap a nice £10 million price tag, which in my opinion would be more than enough to price Martin Jol and Alistair Mackintosh right out of competition.  Of course, I'm not privy to the financial dealings of the club, but that sounds like a lot more than I'd want to pay for Fletcher, despite being just 25.  However, he did score 12 goals last season on a club that provided him little support, so he would be a promising addition.

Burak Yilmaz appears to be an option that's dwindiling somewhat, as the rumors on him have all but gone quiet since it was whispered he was more than likely headed to Lazio.  However, I haven't seen or heard anything to say he's signed with a particular club yet, so it's probably still possible.  It would be a great addition to an already thin strike unit.  You can read up more on Yilmaz's situation here in a post I wrote up a few days ago outlining the possibilities.

Bench: Salomon Kalou, Juanfran Moreno, Aaron Ramsey, Nicklas Helenius, Sascha Riether, Federico Fazio

Here are some players who I either think the rumor is so ridiculous it's not going to happen (such as in Kalou's case) or they're players who not much has been reported, or the rumor is pretty much dead.

According to this story, made an injury about Salomon Kalou, but I can't see anything happening, mainly because his wage demands would most likely be well be out of Jol and Mackintosh's range.  He's 26 and deemed excess at Stamford Bridge, and I'd be thrilled to be wrong here, but yea, not happening.

Rumors are abound about Sascha Riether coming to Fulham on loan from Cologne.  The loan deal would apparently have an option to buy at the end, possibly keeping the 29 year old defensive midfielder at Craven Cottage long term.

21 year old Nicklas Helenius would be a steal for Fulham at this point in his career, and has the potential to develop with Fulham.
One rumor that somewhat excites me is that of Danish striker Nicklas Helenius.  Just 21 years old, the big center forward scored 14 goals and assisted 8 more last season with Aalborg BK in the Danish Superligaen.  He stands at 6'4″ (195 cm) and would be a young force up front.  Plus he'd come relatively cheap.  His agent confirmed there are English clubs interested. I like this option!

A few stories here and there have said Real Madrid youth castout Juanfran Moreno is looking for a new home.  He's made 100 sides for the B team despite being just 23 but just 1 for the top side and has decided to move elsewhere to secure first team football.

I only placed Aaaron Ramsey in the bench spot because that rumor, despite being a fun one, is all but dead.  Apparently Wenger said no to even a loan deal.

Another option for Jol at center back is Federico Fazio.  Someone on Twitter alerted me to this and apparently it has legs, at least a little.  The 25 year old Argentinian played his way from the second team into the first team at Sevilla.  During his youth career, Fazio was part of an Argentinian U-20 side that won both the 2007 World Cup for the age group and the gold medal at the Summer Olympics in Beijing in 2008.

http://fulhamsfinest.com/2012/07/05/the-all-summer-2012-fulham-transfer-window-team/?

WhiteJC

Fixture Announcement

The Club can confirm an additional friendly match ahead of the 2012/13 season:

MK Dons v Fulham

Date: Tuesday 7th August 2012

Kick-Off: 7.45pm

Venue: Stadium MK

Ticket Prices:

Adults: £12.00

Concessions (over 65): £8.00

Concessions (under 18s): £3.00

Concessions (under 7 Season Ticket Holders): Free (must be accompanied by an adult)

Family 3 ticket (1 adult, 2 children under 16): £15.00

Family 4 ticket (2 adults and 2 children under 16): £27.00

Fulham Season Ticket Holders are entitled to a £1.00 discount on ticket purchases prior to 31st July 2012.

Further ticket information and purchasing details to follow.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FixtureAnnouncement.aspx?

WhiteJC

DONS ANNOUNCE FULHAM FRIENDLY

MK Dons are delighted to announce a pre-season friendly with Premier League outfit Fulham.

stadiummk will play host to Martin Jol's Fulham, four days after the visit of Norwich City, on Tuesday 7th August. Kick-off is at 7:45pm.

The Cottagers finished last season in ninth place, just missing out on a European spot. Potential stars who could feature against the Dons include Clint Dempsey, who netted an impressive 23 goals last season and experienced winger Damien Duff, who represented Republic of Ireland at Euro 2012 where he faced the eventual finalists Italy and Spain.

This will be the Dons' second home friendly of pre-season and falls only four days before their first competitive fixture against Cheltenham Town in the Capital One Cup.

The two sides have never faced each other before, so this is sure to be a historic encounter and a chance for Robinson's men to pit their wits against an established Premier League side as they gear up for forthcoming season.

Tickets for the game are on sale now and have been priced as follows:
Adults - £12
Concessions (over 65) - £8
Under 18 - £3
Under 7 season ticket holders for both Clubs go FREE
Family 3 ticket - £15. One Adult and two children under 16
Family 4 ticket - £27. Two Adults and two children under 16

A £5 premium applies to seats in clubred. A £1 discount to adult season ticket holders and a £1 discount for concession season ticket holders of both clubs will apply if bought prior to 31st July. Season-ticket holders have until 31st July to purchase their tickets in order to be eligible for discount. No discounts apply to the Family ticket deals. Tickets are available to purchase on the day of the game.

Gold and Platinum season ticket holders for 2012/13 will get their tickets included in their package, but will have to purchase food.

Or you can buy tickets for both the Fulham and Norwich City games for the following prices:
Adults - £20
Concessions (over 65) - £13
Family 3 ticket - £26. One Adult and two children under 16
Family 4 ticket - £46. Two Adults and two children under 16
Under 18's and Under 7's are unaffected by this deal.
clubred (Adults) - £30
clubred (Seniors) - £22

If you have previously purchased tickets for the Norwich City game and would like to take up this offer, then you need to return your match ticket to the Box Office at either stadiummk or thecentre:mk. Without doing so, you will be unable to claim this offer.

Please note that the following areas MK1, Standard Corner aisles 7,8,9,10 and 11 will be closed for this fixture. 

The Dons' pre-season preparations include friendlies against Irish sides St. James' Gate and Whitehall Rangers.

The Dons also have an away friendly at Kettering Town on Saturday 28th July and then face Norwich City at home a week later, on Friday 3rd August.

Corporate packages for the Fulham and Norwich game are available, call 01908 622884 for more details.

Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the MK Dons Box Office at stadiummk and thecentre:mk or by calling 01908 622900 or via the MK Dons Online Ticket Service.

http://www.mkdons.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10420~2833461,00.html?

WhiteJC

Jol Is Likely To Swoop For Robinson

Fulham are believed to be considering a move for Blackburn goalkeeper Paul Robinson now that a move to Turkey is very unlikely.

Robinson looked like he was off to Besiktas but talks stalled so Martin Jol is about to take up the opportunity of swooping for the ex-England keeper.

The 32 year old has worked under Jol when the pair were at Tottenham and Jol has lost none of the admiration he held for the player.

He would face competition from Mark Schwarzer and David Stockdale for his place if he was to go to Craven Cottage.

http://www.fansonline.net/blackburnrovers/article.php?id=635

WhiteJC

MARTIN JOL INTERESTED IN AN UNDERACHIEVING SPURS CROCK?

According to the Daily Mail Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Tom Huddlestone, might be on his way to their London rivals in a transfer which will see the injury prone midfielder move to Craven Cottage to replace former skipper Danny Murphy, who left the club at the end of his contract to move to Ewood Park.

Martin Jol, who is the current Fulham manager, signed Huddlestone when he was Tottenham manager back in 2005 and has since gone on to prove himself in his limited game time.

Due to a string of injuries since the beginning of the 2010/11 season, Huddlestone has only made 22 appearances in all competitions but still managed to create an impact on the team by scoring 2 goals and assisting a further 3.

His injuries are clearly a problem for the Spurs board who are yet to offer the versatile midfielder a new contract despite his clear qualities which he has demonstrated over his 7 years at the North London club.

With one year left on his current contract, Fulham will be able to buy the 25 year old Englishman for a bargain price of £4 million, despite captaining his club against Inter Milan in a historical 3-1 win. Surely captaining a club in the Champions League, being one of his many accolades, Fulham must surely want Huddlestone at this cheap price who can directly takeover from Murphy's position, and his captaincy badge too.

Despite his clear positives, with the likes of Dzagoev and Moutinho being linked to the club who have a cleaner bill of health, is it time to say goodbye to Huddlestone for good?

http://www.footballtransfertavern.com/2012/07/premiership/martin-jol-interested-in-an-underachieving-spurs-crock?

WhiteJC

Fulham Sign Riether

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the season-long loan signing of Sascha Riether from FC Cologne with an option to acquire the player at the end of the loan period.

The 29-year-old right-back spent last season at FC Cologne having signed from VfL Wolfsburg in 2010.

Riether, born in Lahr, Germany, has made two international appearances. He made his debut for Germany against Denmark, coming on as a second-half substitute in a 2-2 draw in August 2010. A month later he made his first start in a Euro 2012 qualifier against Azerbaijan which Germany won 6-1.

He started his senior career at SC Freiburg in 2002 where he made 139 appearances in five seasons before making the move to VfL Wolfsburg in 2007. He spent four seasons there and made 116 appearances.

VfL Wolfsburg were crowned Bundesliga Champions at the end of the 2008/09 campaign and qualified for the Champions League in 2009/10. Riether played in all six group fixtures for the German champions which included two matches against Manchester United.

That season, VfL Wolfsburg was eventually paired with Fulham in the quarter final of the Europa League, having finished their CL group in third place. Riether played in midfield in the home and away legs against his new club Fulham, who went on to win the tie 3-1 on aggregate en route to the 2010 Europa League Final. 

Speaking at Fulham's Motspur Park training ground this morning, Sascha Riether said:

"I feel very pleased to have signed. It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country. Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here. I played here one time with Wolfsburg and I remember Craven Cottage being a great stadium with great fans, and I hope I can go on to have a great season here."

Sascha was posing with the new 2012/13 Away Kit which is available to pre-order now.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/July/FulhamSignRiether.aspx?

WhiteJC

Full back snubs Fulham and QPR in order to sign for

Transfer news; Jack Buttner has signed for the Saints

Fulham and QPR target Jack Buttner has signed Premier League new boys Southampton.

The Vitesse full back has been linked with a move to London but would rather ply his trade on the south coast after visiting the training ground.

"I want to go to Southampton," he told De Telegraaf before the move was completed.

"I have to wait for both clubs to reach an agreement, but I count on the co-operation of Vitesse."

"It would be a massive blow if this won't go through.

"I have been to Southampton and everything - including the living conditions - are perfect. The club, the stadium, everything, surprised me. Fantastic.

"And Southampton have big ambitions. With the new investor they want the same as Manchester City."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/full_back_snubs_fulham_and_qpr_in_order_to_sign_for_southampton_1_1435768?

WhiteJC

Fulham snap up Germany international

Fulham have completed the signing of right-back Sascha Riether on a season-long loan.

The 29-year-old has made two appearances for the German national team and joins the Cottagers from Cologne, who were recently relegated from the Bundesliga.

Riether has signed on loan until the end of the season and Fulham have an option to make the move permanent at the end of that period.

"I feel very pleased to have signed," Riether said.

"It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country.

"Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here.

"I played here one time with Wolfsburg and I remember Craven Cottage being a great stadium with great fans, and I hope I can go on to have a great season here."

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg.

The defender began his career 10 years ago at Freiburg, where he made 139 appearances over five seasons.

Riether then went onto enjoy four seasons at Wolfsburg, helping them to the Bundesliga crown in 2008/09 before joining Cologne.

The Lahr-born player's arrival helps shore up the Cottagers' defence as last season's regulars at right-back, Stephen Kelly and Zdenek Grygera, are both out of contract.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-snap-up-germany-international-7920356.html

WhiteJC

Adomah in talks with Bristol City over Fulham move

Albert Adomah could join Fulham next season

Ghana winger Albert Adomah is in talks with English second-tier side Bristol City after they refused him the opportunity to talk to Fulham.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a £3.5 million move to the Craven Cottage in the past but Fulham officials have been told they cannot talk to the attacker.

However, the former Barnet man-who has spent two seasons with the Robins-began talks with the club to allow him talk to Fulham.

Adomah has been linked with a move to English Premier League side Wigan Athletic.

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/adomah-in-talks-with-bristol-city-over-fulham-move/?

WhiteJC

Cottagers land Riether
Right-back joins Fulham on season-long loan

Sascha Riether: Cologne right-back has joined Fulham on a season-long loan deal

Fulham have signed right-back Sascha Riether on a season-long loan deal from German outfit Cologne.

The 29-year-old has made two appearances the German national team and joins the Cottagers after Cologne were recently relegated from the Bundesliga.

Riether has signed on loan until the summer of 2013 and Fulham have an option to make the move permanent at the end of that period.

"I feel very pleased to have signed," Riether said.

"It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country.

"Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here.

"I played here one time with Wolfsburg and I remember Craven Cottage being a great stadium with great fans, and I hope I can go on to have a great season here."

Defence

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg.

The defender began his career 10 years ago at Freiburg, where he made 139 appearances over five seasons.

Riether then went onto enjoy four seasons at Wolfsburg, helping them to the Bundesliga crown in 2008/09 before joining Cologne.

The Lahr-born player's arrival helps shore up the Cottagers' defence as last season's regulars at right-back, Stephen Kelly and Zdenek Grygera, are both out of contract.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/7875520/Cottagers-land-Riether?

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Sascha Riether from Köln on season-long loan
• Full-back has made two appearances for Germany
• Riether: Fulham is a big club with a big tradition

The Fulham manager, Martin Jol, has completed the season-long loan signing of Sascha Riether.
Photograph: Glyn Kirk/AFP/Getty Images

Fulham have completed the signing of right-back Sascha Riether on a season-long loan. The 29-year-old has made two appearances the German national team and joins from Köln, who were recently relegated from the Bundesliga.

Riether has signed on loan until the end of the season and Fulham have an option to make the move permanent at the end of that period.

"I feel very pleased to have signed," Riether said. "It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country. Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here.

Riether, who can also operate in midfield, spent last season at Cologne after joining from Wolfsburg. The defender began his career 10 years ago at Freiburg, where he made 139 appearances over five seasons. Riether then went onto enjoy four seasons at Wolfsburg, helping them to the Bundesliga title in 2008-09 before joining Köln.

Riether's arrival helps shore up the Cottagers' defence as last season's regulars at right-back, Stephen Kelly and Zdenek Grygera, are both out of contract.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/06/fulham-sascha-riether-koln-loan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Cologne defender Sascha Riether on loan

Fulham have completed the signing of Cologne's Germany international defender Sascha Riether on a season-long loan.

The former Wolfsburg player, 29, moves to England following Cologne's relegation from the Bundesliga.

The Cottagers have the option to make the deal permanent at the end of Riether's loan spell in London.

"Fulham is a good club, a big club with a big tradition and for me it's great to be here," he said.

"I feel very pleased to have signed. It feels like I've had a long break from football and for me this is a new experience in a new country."

Stephen Kelly and Zdenek Grygera, who both played right-back for Fulham last season, are currently out of contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18742678?