more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's Fat Fred

Started by Fernhurst, July 11, 2012, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Not banned again surely ???

or just missing his old mate Finn ...... swore I heard a throaty laugh as Andy Murray lost the fourth set.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Not sure but I think he has moved to the offal that he so despised...

leonffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 11, 2012, 10:04:57 PM
Not banned again surely ???

or just missing his old mate Finn ...... swore I heard a throaty laugh as Andy Murray lost the fourth set.

He and Blingo are staging a protest. Blingo still looks in but Fred might have deleted his account again (although he had two so maybe it was the other that was in black type)

HatterDon

I've been afraid to ask where Fat Freddy is. I'm sorry to have lost him to the Offal. He's a great bloke and Fulham all the livelong day.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fernhurst

Oh Gawd ... Fed up with a couple Mods - I'll sign the petition but get your arse back on here Fred or I'll start a Facebook campaign to have you outed as a drama queen

leonffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 11, 2012, 10:45:22 PM
Oh Gawd ... Fed up with a couple Mods - I'll sign the petition but get your arse back on here Fred or I'll start a Facebook campaign to have you outed as a drama queen

Nah it wasnt the Mods. Just some people that kept complaining to them I think.

LBNo11

...Fred, despite warnings kept having a go at other posters whom he did not agree with in a deliberately provocative way, as well as being particularly ungentlemanly towards a female member. He told me that he realised that if he carried on he would be banned but he still carried on.

I regret that it got to that stage, particularly with someone I know personally, but this message board's members, as a whole, are more important than one persons point of view of things. He had been warned many times before and been banned for short periods for repeatedly contravening the rules (http://www.friendsoffulham.com/rules.php ) and let back on board and yet he still refused to stop his behaviour and the decision was made that enough was enough and he was banned.

Apparently under a different pseudonym on the official MB he left because we are too 'pc', if that is his perception I will not apologise for the way we try to run this site...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fletchino

Last I heard he was hitch hiking to Germany for fulhams pre season tour

HatterDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 11, 2012, 11:16:31 PM
...Fred, despite warnings kept having a go at other posters whom he did not agree with in a deliberately provocative way, as well as being particularly ungentlemanly towards a female member. He told me that he realised that if he carried on he would be banned but he still carried on.

I regret that it got to that stage, particularly with someone I know personally, but this message board's members, as a whole, are more important than one persons point of view of things. He had been warned many times before and been banned for short periods for repeatedly contravening the rules (http://www.friendsoffulham.com/rules.php ) and let back on board and yet he still refused to stop his behaviour and the decision was made that enough was enough and he was banned.

Apparently under a different pseudonym on the official MB he left because we are too 'pc', if that is his perception I will not apologise for the way we try to run this site...

Nor should you. As much as I value Fred, I value the standards of this board more. We all holster our weapons periodically to keep the peace. It would have been so easy not to keep poking the tiger. A shame. So preventable.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

clintclintdeuce

I always thought it was my presence on this board which kept him in check. Sorry for the extended period of absence that i have gone through.
The Dude abides.

EJL

Got a temp ban for starting an argument for no reason ... I think. (That's what it means if their name comes up in bold black right?)

The Rock

Well I'd like to see Fred allowed back at some point. We all know he's a handful. I'd know what to expect, and a few of those politically correct categories surely would be a challenge.

jarv

I also would like to see Fred back. We had a post yesterday about being thrown out of a pub because the owner knew the person who apparently was insulted. Just because the lady concerned is upset about something and is known personally to a mod is not a very strong reason to ban a poster.
I read Fred's posts and cannot think of one which was truly offensive. However, I have a pretty thick skin. 092.gif

nevzter

Mr. Fat Freddy's Cat can be an agitator soul - and all that comes with such a spirit, still, I'd hope he can reconcile and make a return as I wasn't aware of his offensive posts. 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

LRCN

he got to a stage where he was a detriment to the board. simple. perhaps it is easy to clamour for his return when you are not a mod but he became offensive/aggressive and has an influence on other users too. we wont go in to specifics though.

Fernhurst

Oh dear it all sounds a bit messy - life seems far more complicated where personal personalities are involved and I'm sure those of us who are pretty anonymous are a easier for the Mods to deal with. Like Jarv I'm thick skinned and appreciated the colour Fred bought to the board and never felt he was overly offensive.
I'm sure none of us wish this board to sink to the depths of the Offal however neither do we wish "the futures bright the futures Grey" mantra.

Let's all hope Fred can return in the future.

SKSW6

How about we all just trust the mods as they see everything, rather than commenting on the stuff you may have seen which is likely not the stuff that got him banned?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 12, 2012, 09:13:58 AM
How about we all just trust the mods as they see everything, rather than commenting on the stuff you may have seen which is likely not the stuff that got him banned?

:plus one:

LBNo11

Quote from: jarv on July 12, 2012, 05:13:37 AM
I also would like to see Fred back. We had a post yesterday about being thrown out of a pub because the owner knew the person who apparently was insulted. Just because the lady concerned is upset about something and is known personally to a mod is not a very strong reason to ban a poster.
I read Fred's posts and cannot think of one which was truly offensive. However, I have a pretty thick skin. 092.gif

...jarv, re the lady concerned being known by a mod, that is not what I had written, she is not known by me or any of the other moderators, and whether she is or is not, that does not excuse what was directed at her and that it was a breach of the rules, and it was not just her being subjected to comments there were other members affected. What I said was that I know Freddy personally, and I regretted having to agree to ban a personal friend.

Re your last line, because the moderators did their job you did not see them, they were either deleted or edited.

Freddy is a 'character' and great fun to be around, he says things how he sees them and is uncompromising and honest in his beliefs, and that is fine in a pub or a football ground within a small group of friends and acquaintances, but has no place on a public forum. We still e-mail things to each other on a personal level - no, nothing nasty - usually about sausages and beer and Fulham!

I can assure you that nobody takes pleasure in making these decisions...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fernhurst

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 12, 2012, 09:13:58 AM

Indeed..., there was obviously a lot more behind this that the majority of us were not aware of.

Still like to see him return though.