News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rumours are picking up today about Nigel Reo-Coker - yay or ney?

Started by EricB, July 18, 2012, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Admin on July 20, 2012, 05:18:21 PM
I'm not a fan but if he's free then lets see what he has to prove. My only problem is his wages/signing on fee. Like above, he once costs 8.5 million and I'm sure he had the wages to match it. I'd honestly like that money spend on someone who at least wants to put the effort in. I find Reo-Coker a bit lazy at times.

He was at Bolton his wages would've been low.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He was one of the call up's for England 6 years ago and is another of the almost men in football.  
Shocked if we sign him frankly.   I thought we are now better than an also ran, from a relegated team
This news is a bit of a worry .........and nothing is free,  there will be agents fees and wages   and  for what ?????
to take the chance away from some of our young lads  .........................NO !    

MikeR

We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

alfie

Quote from: KCat on July 20, 2012, 09:45:01 PM
He was one of the call up's for England 6 years ago and is another of the almost men in football.  
Shocked if we sign him frankly.   I thought we are now better than an also ran, from a relegated team
This news is a bit of a worry .........and nothing is free,  there will be agents fees and wages   and  for what ?????
to take the chance away from some of our young lads  .........................NO !    

KCat i fully understand what you are saying here, and to be honest i really don't care either way, but

to take the chance away from some of our young lads

what happens if by giving the youngsters the lead and they fail who do we blame then, i and a few others have said many times that the feeling was the same when we signed Murphy, i for one thought it was a bad signing, but experience does help if in the right team with the right manager. Of course we might sign him and he might be crap, so basically Jol makes these decisions on what he thinks is best for the team.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Yes please.

Primarily because I would like to have a good old moan when he does sign about how crap he will probably turn out to be.

:dft002:

Walsh

Quote from: JBH on July 19, 2012, 07:48:22 AM
Quote from: Walsh on July 19, 2012, 02:05:34 AM
My friend is a Bolton fan and he said Nigel is a really good player and would be a class signing for us, that's not my opinion I haven't seen enough of him.

Bolton fans thought that Zat Knight was a class signing fp.gif

I don't know what Bolton fan's you have been talking with, all the Bolton fans I know hate him and the way he looks up into the upper tear and and ooft's the ball out for a throw-in.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Alfe,   did people really think Murphy was a bad signing ?,  I only remember happiness that Fulham were spending lots of money and discord at Sanchez signing most the Northern Ireland Team.  As that season had started when Danny  joined
( on  31st August 2007) he  went under the radar.   
There is little to compare Murphy then and Reo-Coker now, not because of what we have seen from Murphy in the last 5 years. 

West Ham  avoided relegation by beating United on the last day of the season  2006/2007
that year Reo-Coker did alot of moaning,such as : 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6174627.stm

Then Reo-Coker was sold  to Villa 
then this happened :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8263129.stm 

Reo-Coker then went to Bolton,
He was the deputy - Captain of Bolton and they got relegated. He exercised a release clause in his contract on 14th May 
and advised the club he would be leaving on a free transfer, ( confirmed by Bolton on 18th May ).   
He has now been a free agent for eight weeks ,  frankly if he was any good he would have been picked up by now.   

The clincher for me is on 14th May he told them he was going !!! 

Are you suggesting that he could walk into our starting 11 ???  as a squad player he would probably  be ahead of Kasami or Gecov, they need 1st team action. What is the point of having an Academy if they cannot get experience of  1st team action by covering injury or suspension.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

alfie

Quote from: KCat on July 21, 2012, 09:56:43 PM
Alfe,   did people really think Murphy was a bad signing ?,  I only remember happiness that Fulham were spending lots of money and discord at Sanchez signing most the Northern Ireland Team.  As that season had started when Danny  joined
( on  31st August 2007) he  went under the radar.   
There is little to compare Murphy then and Reo-Coker now, not because of what we have seen from Murphy in the last 5 years. 

West Ham  avoided relegation by beating United on the last day of the season  2006/2007
that year Reo-Coker did alot of moaning,such as : 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/6174627.stm

Then Reo-Coker was sold  to Villa 
then this happened :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/8263129.stm 

Reo-Coker then went to Bolton,
He was the deputy - Captain of Bolton and they got relegated. He exercised a release clause in his contract on 14th May 
and advised the club he would be leaving on a free transfer, ( confirmed by Bolton on 18th May ).   
He has now been a free agent for eight weeks ,  frankly if he was any good he would have been picked up by now.   

The clincher for me is on 14th May he told them he was going !!! 

Are you suggesting that he could walk into our starting 11 ???  as a squad player he would probably  be ahead of Kasami or Gecov, they need 1st team action. What is the point of having an Academy if they cannot get experience of  1st team action by covering injury or suspension.

KCat my is only a passing opion on the basis that sometimes a player clicks in the right team, no more no less

i still respect your opinion though
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't