News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rumours are picking up today about Nigel Reo-Coker - yay or ney?

Started by EricB, July 18, 2012, 11:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricB

By James Nursey Comments 18 Jul 2012 22:30
Making plans for Nigel: Fulham want to bring Reo-Coker home to London

The midfielder has activated a clause in his contract that will let him leave relegated Bolton on a free transfer

London calling: Reo-Coker fancies playing in his hometown again after five years
Michael Regan
Fulham are chasing Bolton rebel Nigel Reo-Coker.

The 28-year-old midfielder has activated a contractual clause that would allow him to quit the Lancashire side on a free following their relegation to the Championship.

The Cottagers, who saw skipper and midfielder Danny Murphy join Blackburn on a Bosman earlier this summer and fear losing goal-scoring midfielder Clint Dempsey to Liverpool, are interested.

And Londoner Reo-Coker fancies a return to the capital, where he previously played for Wimbledon and West Ham, after five years away from home at first Aston Villa and more recently the Trotters.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-want-nigel-reo-coker-on-a-free-1148490

I have never been that impressed with him...........no better than many of the midfielders we already have

Reindeer

I'd be happy with him.  He's a good player and could do a job here.

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

EricB

Quote from: Reindeer on July 18, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
I'd be happy with him.  He's a good player and could do a job here.

As a freebie squad player maybe, but he is no first team replacement for a midfield that is likely to have lost both Murphy and Dempsey in a week or 2.  Similar player to Sidwell in many ways....and I cant see him getting a first choice start..............Maybe we are due to loose more from midfield.

HatterDon

If we need him, we're in more trouble than I thought.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

Reindeer

All this negativity, I don't see what's wrong with him, especially on a free.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: HatterDon on July 18, 2012, 11:28:26 PM

we're already in trouble?

Jack Fulham

I'd rather we went for Nzonzi of Blackburn but that would require spending money. Reo Coker would be good back up but seeing as his previous clubs West Ham, Aston Villa and Bolton, he probably has quite a high wage demand.

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

SKSW6

Quote from: Jack Fulham on July 18, 2012, 11:57:05 PM
I'd rather we went for Nzonzi of Blackburn but that would require spending money.

Yes! I think we'd be a smart step up for him right now as well. He asked to leave Blackburn today which would hopefully push through a move, but he has a contract for another 3 years unfortunately.

clintclintdeuce

I believe he's got something to prove and would be quite motivated. Sign him up.
The Dude abides.

Patterson

We already have Etuhu who sits on the bench...I don't see why we'd give him much more of a shot.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Walsh

My friend is a Bolton fan and he said Nigel is a really good player and would be a class signing for us, that's not my opinion I haven't seen enough of him.

EJL

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 18, 2012, 11:28:40 PM
I'd rather slit my wrists
I really shouldn't have found that comment funny ... but I did  :005:

Fulham Far East

If he comes in cheap or free then I dont see why not. He used to be decent but I haven't seen him played lately. We do have a good record of rejuvenate career for has been players.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 18, 2012, 11:28:26 PM

plus he is like Bentley, because we have been linked to him in EVERY window since Hodgson first took over. Not likely this is true.

clintclintdeuce

:protest card:
Quote from: Fulham Far East on July 19, 2012, 04:01:07 AM
If he comes in cheap or free then I dont see why not. He used to be decent but I haven't seen him played lately. We do have a good record of rejuvenate career for has been players.

Especially those from west ham
The Dude abides.

jarv

quote from a west ham supporting mate when Coker was with them.. " trouble with Coker is he actually thinks he is a good player"  Nowhere near good enough for Fulham. Four years ago, maybe.

JBH

Quote from: Walsh on July 19, 2012, 02:05:34 AM
My friend is a Bolton fan and he said Nigel is a really good player and would be a class signing for us, that's not my opinion I haven't seen enough of him.

Bolton fans thought that Zat Knight was a class signing fp.gif