Main Menu

Guilty Pleasures (Your worst 45rpm ever purchased)...BE HONEST

Started by MOR :, July 20, 2012, 02:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

AlFayedsChequebook

Can someone translate the title for those of us under the age of 80?  :015:

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 20, 2012, 03:02:52 PM
Russ Abbot's Atmosphere

You have the right to hunt me down and string me up.
Guilty as charged...trouble was I bought the 12" remix...shoot me now.

Chesh

Sheena Easton 9 to 5 springs to mind - must have had a crush or something

:022:
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Berserker

'I pretend' by Des O'connor

I bought it with my pocket money when i was about 7. I thought it was a LP and a bargin in the record shop window, then found out it was a 45 rpm.  God knows why I bought it, but my next one was Spirit in the sky and then I went on to Alice Cooper, bit of a difference!!!!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Concrete and Clay by unit 4 plus 2, (Or was it unit 4 plus 2 by concrete and clay??) Can never tell with weird names.

Abbotsbury White

I did buy a song by David Soul think it was called silver lady,I was very youngish and was hooked on Starsky and Hutch to my eternal shame at the same time my younger sis bought You aint seen nothing yet by BTO...
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

mr-ska

Quote from: Mo on July 20, 2012, 05:26:22 PM
I did buy a song by David Soul think it was called silver lady,I was very youngish and was hooked on Starsky and Hutch to my eternal shame at the same time my younger sis bought You aint seen nothing yet by BTO...
i like Silver lady  ha ha

MOR :

Quote from: Berserker on July 20, 2012, 04:42:00 PM
'I pretend' by Des O'connor

I bought it with my pocket money when i was about 7. I thought it was a LP and a bargin in the record shop window, then found out it was a 45 rpm.  God knows why I bought it, but my next one was Spirit in the sky and then I went on to Alice Cooper, bit of a difference!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPiwEsHnbSs#

I don't feel so guilty now...thank you Berserker...mind you "Spirit in the Sky"-CLASSIC

HammyH3

Good God what was I thinking, I could have bought Buddy Holly's "It Doesn't Matter Any More" and I bought this stinker

Running Bear - Johnny Preston - Original recording 1959.

Running Bear by Johnny Preston

ToodlesMcToot

I was raised right. My earliest loves were KISS, Allman Brothers, Sex Pistols, Joni Mitchell to name a few. So looking back on those earliest purchasing decisions, its astounding and embarrassing to admit that I ever let Loverboy pollute the air around me. Give me chills hearing "working for the weekend"
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Rock

"Rock me Amadeus" by Falco. "Live is Live" by Opus is a close 2nd and am still a bit tarnished.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I spent my small reserve of money buying all of the Love Affairs 45's  ....how they called it soul .....God only knows !!!!  :009:

THE LOVE AFFAIR - EVERLASTING LOVE ( SOUL )

vagrant

Ernie, the fastest milkman in the west.  I once thought it was funny !!!!!!!

Gozorich

I think I win, at least the sympathy vote. In the very late fifties I was told by an equally rock and roll fanatic that I should buy the latest record by a guy who was going to be even bigger than Elvis.

So I went out and bought 'Move It!' by Cliff Richard without having heard it and cost me nearly a week's wages.

It's taken me decades to recover.

Please say I am forgiven!. fp.gif