News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey for Adam swap rumour = more foolishness (or does it?)

Started by LordNelson, July 21, 2012, 04:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Berserker

I really Dempsey is going to Liverpool in one form or another. Is Adams worth 10m?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

This was mentioned last week and for some reason has been mentioned today by the Mail etc as if it was a new story. Adams was a fine player for Blackpool. Big fish in a small puddle. Not shown a great deal at Liverpool although tht means nothing.  I would take him plus 7 Million  :005: IF Dempsey wanted to go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Admin

I just want him gone now, 10 million, Charlie Adams or not. The whole thing is against what we set out to do. If a player won't sign a new contract then he'll be sold as quick as possible. I'm losing a lot of respect for Dempsey The more this drags on and all it will do is hurt Fulham, the fans and any replacement we have to find.

alexbishop

I would be a lot happier losing Dempsey if Adam was a make weight for the deal.

Yes he had a bad season at Liverpool but good players have bad seasons. He was more than quality at Blackpool and he thrived in a team built round him, just like Dempsey has thrived when we built the team around him. I think he'd happily fit into our central midfield 3 alongside Diarra and Dembele.

Liverpool have developed a habit of ruining people's careers as of late so lets not judge Adam on his season there.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

HatterDon

Quote from: Admin on July 21, 2012, 05:04:37 PM
I just want him gone now, 10 million, Charlie Adams or not. The whole thing is against what we set out to do. If a player won't sign a new contract then he'll be sold as quick as possible. I'm losing a lot of respect for Dempsey The more this drags on and all it will do is hurt Fulham, the fans and any replacement we have to find.

This continues to crack me up.

Who says that Dempsey is refusing to sign a new contract?
Who says that the club has even offered him one?
Who says that he wants to go?

If there is a contract impasse, why have you lost respect for Dempsey instead of Macintosh?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Admin

Quote from: HatterDon on July 21, 2012, 05:08:58 PM

If there is a contract impasse, why have you lost respect for Dempsey instead of Macintosh?

Because that's my point of view.

jarv

Player power!! :dft007:  Other teams are having the same problem. Arsenal, V. Persie, Spuds, Modric. It hurts when one of your best players makes it clear he wants to leave. That's football today.

I would love to see Adam at Fulham, but then I am a Scot and think it is about time we had one in the team. Remove the American flag and replace it with the Scottish flag. Adam is a fine player, will do well at Fulham I think.

LordNelson

Quote from: Admin on July 21, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

In an attempt to ease your discomfort, I know for a FACT that Dempsey approached the club last September in an attempt to renegotiate and was rebuffed and told let's wait till January.  January comes along--diddly squat from the club.  This dilemma is our management's own making.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alexbishop

Ironically on Football Manager 2011 I sold Dempsey for 10m to Liverpool and then proceeded to buy Charlie Adam from Blackpool for about 6m I think. He ended up bagging a few goals and a tonne of assists and became a 'key player for the team'. Football Manager underrated Clint in 2010/2011 in case you're wondering why I sold him.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

BestOfBrede

"I know for a FACT that Dempsey approached the club...."
Hmmm ????

DevonFFC

Everyone is mugging Adams off and moanin about him coming here, if I remember before Liverpool got him there was copious amounts of threads suggestin he would be th ideal answer to murphys retirement! I for one would take him and cash for demps as it solves a positional problem with murphy going and also give us money to go out and buy a replacement for Dempsey and towards a striker aswell

Gozorich

I really do believe that Adam is just about the most overrated payer in the Premiership. To consider a swop with him for Dempsey is too ridiculous for words - in my opinion, of course!

If Dempsey goes - so be it but lets aim a considerable bit higher than chunky Charlie as a replacement.

Burt

Everyone seems to be assuming Dempsey is off too.

Still hasn't happened, despite the know-it-all journalists going on about it for ages.

Que sera sera...

Mr Fulham

I'm losing a lot of respect for Dempsey
WHY? It's Fulham who are playing hardball at the moment, not Dempsey.

Holders

Liverpool want Dempsey, we need a midfielder, journalist needs to fill space. 2+2=5
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

mccscratch

Quote from: Admin on July 21, 2012, 05:12:32 PM

I respect your point of view.... but my point of view is that your owe Clint Dempsey a lot more respect than that... he has been nothing but a servant to this club... He plays his guts out, never causes a distraction in the confines of the club or in the public... there is nothing but speculation in regards to Dempsey's status...

He is not pulling a Van Persie... he is in Germany training with the club like a true pro... if we sell him I am sure it will be for a decent amount, if not, he will play his best... He is not a sulker...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Tomo

I would be happy to see Adam here I think he is a wonderful replacement for Murphy and I think would see the likes of Etuhu going I think. The situation with Dempsey needs to be resolved this transfer window either he needs to sign a new deal or he should be sold or used as a make-weight for a transfer I personally would rather see him go as I think we could make some kind of money on the back of his impressive season. 
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

jarv

If JH was alive and playing today. He would go. There would be soooooo many offers he would have to leave. That's football (today) 086.gif