more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kelly Extension

Started by os5889, July 24, 2012, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Kelly Extension

The Club is pleased to announce that Stephen Kelly has signed a two-year contract extension which ties him to Fulham until 30th June 2014.

The full-back was a regular starter for the Whites last season, making 33 appearances for Martin Jol's side, and he was thrilled to put pen to paper upon his return to Motspur Park on Tuesday afternoon.

"I'm delighted that it's sorted now and I can hopefully continue on from last year," Kelly told fulhamfc.com. "It was a really good end to the season with the way we finished off, the way we were playing and I just hope we can continue on with that again.

"Last season was fantastic for me, playing pretty much every game from Christmas onwards and to cement myself as the number one right-back was great and hopefully I can continue on with that this season.

"To sign another contract here is fantastic. I'm delighted to be staying at the Club and I just want to carry on with the progression I've made over the last year or so."

The Club have added three new faces to the squad over the summer in Mladen Petric, Sascha Riether and Hugo Rodallega, and Stephen is looking forward to getting to know the latest additions to the Fulham team.

"Everyone seems to be lovely and seems to be gelling quite well," he explained. "That's really important I think before you go into the start of a season. I think pre-season trips are about more than just fitness, they bring everybody together.

"I missed out on the white water rafting and that would have been right up my street as I'm a bit of an adrenaline junkie! Hopefully they'll be more team bonding things to do which will help us get to know each other. I'm looking forward to getting to know the new lads and meeting up with my friends as well."

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

wrong right back extended  :016:
touch my camera through the fence

Burt

Happy with this.

One of those players who has been improving over time.

NogoodBoyo

Good too.
Nogood "being right back where we were, isit" Boyo

GoldCoastWhite

Good # 3 . Great attitude, decent player who will continue to improve. Hoping Grygera proves his fitness and gets a contract too as I'll be happy with having the two of them fighting for the spot.  ROI flag

MasterHaynes

Pleased with this, FFC have two good players at right back for next season (I know others will disagree) Kelly has proved he will keep working away patiently waiting for his turn to come round and do his best to cement his place without moaning or unsettling others.

Signing him on a 2 year contract also shows the amount of faith Jol has in him. It's also puts to bed yet another false rumour put about that we had let him go because he was not good enough.

cottage cheese

not really the most important contract to have been sorted really. He is ok nothing more.

HatterDon

good 4:

him
us
Alistair
Marteen
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

great news and glad they signed him quickly. he knows the team, the setup and seems content as a backup and occasional starter with a good attitude. Players like that seem hard to find these days. Best to get that business done now rather than lose him to another club.

Feeling better each day about our side for next season, and it isn't over yet I don't think  :scarf:

fulham pete

Put me in the good camp also. Think he had a good season and was getting better with an extended run in  the team. Will be interesting to see who starts next month.

os5889

Really happy with the positivity when it comes to Kelly after last season, he appears to have won over the majority of the fans with his efforts.

Also means any Kitty isn't expended on him and we can sign someone awesome elsewhere!

bigalffc

ok for squad cover- not my first choice
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

cebu

I'm happy to hear he's staying.    :beer:

mr-ska

Massive improvement last season. Extention well earnt...

Matt Inglis

Very happy he's been rewarded for a very promising season.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

JBH

LBNo11

...I'm happy also, not a spectacular player but steady and methodical and he has improved since the Europa Cup season - and despite the detractors I thought he played well back then. I must admit I thought the club had released him a week or so ago, maybe I am overworked..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ToodlesMcToot

Good for him. He deserves it.
Good for us. He's a good player and a team player.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mr Fulham