https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kelly Extension

Started by os5889, July 24, 2012, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

We are the whites

Reindeer

The weakest link at the back and the one given the easiest time about it too.

Nothing against the lad, but I reckon he is way off the standard required.

EtuhuForNigeria

Bit Picky, but surely its only a 1 year extension, given that he already had a year left.

zzamora

Quote from: EtuhuForNigeria on July 24, 2012, 11:13:51 PM
Bit Picky, but surely its only a 1 year extension, given that he already had a year left.

No he didnt. Out of contract this summer.

SKSW6

Chuffed with this, and really impressed with his character too. It's good that we're keeping some of the lads from the past few seasons as a complete overhaul might be a bit detrimental.

leonffc

Not been my favourite either but he has shown a great attitude and a great improvement in his football and you can't ask more than that in reality.
I wonder though, have we got a lot to spend? Recent transfers may suggest not and if we were to keep one RB at the club out of Grygera or Kelly (even as a back up to someone coming in), Kelly surely fits the bill. Younger - keeping Jols squad age down, fitter - Grygera coming back from injury and classed as 'homegrown'.
Perhaps we wanted to keep one of the two (to save laying out a huge signing on fee to a new player) and everything mentioned played a part?

OldBrownShoe

Good news. Much improved. Maybe not the best but reliable. 
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

rhyspabsolom

Where does Riether fit in here?
Did we sign him as a starting right-back or utility cover?

btings

I would think Riether is the presumptive starter, but he's also an unknown quantity.  Kelly is not going to set the world on fire, but I did think he improved in the second half of last year, and the other options are dicey.  I'm not sure if Grygera is going to be right for quite a while longer, and Baird is a problem at RB, in my opinion.

sipwell

Good! He is one of those players who is willing to run that extra mile.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

MJG

He deserves it after last season but I don't think he will reach half the number of games he played last season. A good solid squad player who does a job but thats about it.