watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Johnny Haynes Roof- Picture Update!

Started by zzamora, July 27, 2012, 06:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

For all those wondering what the new stand will look like...

pic.twitter.com/KXCh4s52

Sorry I cant put in the original post

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mr-ska

Just seeing these pictures is really getting me in the mood for it!

cusackdribble

Looks like your girlfriend's in for a night to remember then

Adam87

I saw it being built on wednesday after i had my interview in the hammersmith end (loool) to join the groundstaff for match days and at motspur park. Loads of work going on, pitch looks great. The head groundsman is called bruce (a spurs fan but if forgave him quickly) and he said this should be the best pitch that we have had for a few years, so a bit of good news there. I was looking at the riverside stand trying to imagine what the new stand would be like and i remembered how the height eclipses the putney and hammersmith so it will look amazing when it is finished.

The roof looks great, so much better, Bruce was pretty confident that the putney end will be the next area that the club target, hammersmith is limited, if we get permission to build from the council into bishops park a little, the club should make the new putney stand the main home end. It just makes sense on so many levels.

Anyway ty for the pics will and was it you on the podcast earlier...wtih russ...?

The Doctor

Quote from: cusackdribble on July 27, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on July 27, 2012, 08:01:45 PM

064.gif

Quote from: Adam87 on July 27, 2012, 08:08:40 PM
I saw it being built on wednesday after i had my interview in the hammersmith end (loool) to join the groundstaff for match days and at motspur park.

Good luck with the job.  Working for the club you love can be the best job you'll ever have

alfie

Quote from: The Doctor on July 28, 2012, 03:09:36 AM
Quote from: cusackdribble on July 27, 2012, 08:07:22 PM
Quote from: mr-ska on July 27, 2012, 08:01:45 PM

064.gif

Quote from: Adam87 on July 27, 2012, 08:08:40 PM
I saw it being built on wednesday after i had my interview in the hammersmith end (loool) to join the groundstaff for match days and at motspur park.

Good luck with the job.  Working for the club you love can be the best job you'll ever have

Been there, done that and it wasn't
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

Adam87

Alfie, i dont intend to do any admin or selling things, basically anything behind a desk im just not doing, im training to become a professional football coach and a dam good one hopefully which will aloow me to do something that i love every day. Im actually looking forward to having my season ticket paid for the club every year and being on the pitch at games, great way to get into the club and get to know people for the future. Rather be doing something i enjoy and live a dream than settle for second best......but everyone has their own opinion

Adam87

LBNo11

...good for you Adam, I hope it works out for you, you may even meet FoF member 'Reindeer' there...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Oiseau

I was hoping to go on a Cottage Tour for my 19th Birthday but they're re-doing the roof on that day  :016: Still, really glad to see it's progress and it's worth giving something up for the cause. It's going to look incredible once it's done.

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Adam87 on July 28, 2012, 11:38:33 AM
Alfie, i dont intend to do any admin or selling things, basically anything behind a desk im just not doing, im training to become a professional football coach and a dam good one hopefully which will aloow me to do something that i love every day. Im actually looking forward to having my season ticket paid for the club every year and being on the pitch at games, great way to get into the club and get to know people for the future. Rather be doing something i enjoy and live a dream than settle for second best......but everyone has their own opinion

Good for you man, glad to see your doing well!
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

CorkCity

The roof looks a bit crap really, antique slate would have been better.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Oiseau

Quote from: CorkCity on July 28, 2012, 12:10:55 PM
The roof looks a bit crap really, antique slate would have been better.

It'll age overtime. Think the roof was originally that colour before the weather damage? Could be wrong, though.

Best of luck, Adam. Sounds like an incredible job  :021:

Fletchino

I think you could have took the roof off and it would have looked better than the old one. Great job fulham in improving are ground keep up the good work it will look fantastic with the new MAF stand

alfie

Quote from: Adam87 on July 28, 2012, 11:38:33 AM

I sincerely wish you well, but sometimes in life as we all know things are not always as good as they appear, but go for it mate it may be just perfect for you.

Good luck
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Adam87

Thanks alfie, we will see how everything turns out.....always have to try things in life.....you never know.

watfordwhite

Good luck Adam, glad to here your settled. Glad you followed your dreams. Best of luck.