watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Proud of British Sport

Started by Peabody, August 05, 2012, 12:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I know there are a few of you that want to try and keep this forum as an Olympic Free Zone but I must say how proud I am of Britains Sportsmen and Women and spectators in the London Olympics. In my opinion all have done us proud and so far, has made this a really enjoyable occaision. There I've said it.

Berserker

Quote from: Peabody on August 05, 2012, 12:23:44 AM
I know there are a few of you that want to try and keep this forum as an Olympic Free Zone but I must say how proud I am of Britains Sportsmen and Women and spectators in the London Olympics. In my opinion all have done us proud and so far, has made this a really enjoyable occaision. There I've said it.

Yes I must admit I've watched more of it than I first meant to. Also felt quite moved when out sportmen and women have come over all emotional on the rostrum.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

I had a "pyjama day" yesterday and watched anything I could the whole day long and it was just amazing.

There's some stuff in there which I wouldn't normally pay to watch but found strangely compelling (e.g. water polo, even trampolining!) but last night when those three golds were won in relatively quick succession - well, it doesn't get much better than that. Ojn top of the rowing and cycling it was an amazing day.

The stand-out performance for me was Mo Farah. An amazing race, tactically superb, gutsy at the end, and for his training buddy to come in second you couldn't have written a better script.

An Olympics to remember, as a nation we do seem to punch above our weight, and I really do hope it inspires the next generation to get off their collective backsides. Said he, still in his pyjamas, but I think you know what I mean.

epsomraver

Quote from: Burt on August 05, 2012, 09:20:08 AM
I had a "pyjama day" yesterday and watched anything I could the whole day long and it was just amazing.

There's some stuff in there which I wouldn't normally pay to watch but found strangely compelling (e.g. water polo, even trampolining!) but last night when those three golds were won in relatively quick succession - well, it doesn't get much better than that. Ojn top of the rowing and cycling it was an amazing day.

The stand-out performance for me was Mo Farah. An amazing race, tactically superb, gutsy at the end, and for his training buddy to come in second you couldn't have written a better script.

An Olympics to remember, as a nation we do seem to punch above our weight, and I really do hope it inspires the next generation to get off their collective backsides. Said he, still in his pyjamas, but I think you know what I mean.

Jess Ennis by a country mile for me, to win by such a great margin over all those disciplines is a true athlete

Berserker

Yes i really admire people that do that event. Also glad other people sit around in their pyjama's, I sometimes do it when i do my housework, or work on the computer. Trouble is you can't answer the door when you them on.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

os5889

Yesterday was amazing, never have I been so proud to be British, you know it was a hosoric day when Steve Cram says he's presenting with a hangover!

Fernhurst

What happened to your joke thread Mr P???
Did you delete it or are those Mods so sensitive????
Bless em
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

cebu

I'll be joining the 65+ club later this month and I've never experienced any comparable day in British sports.

Ennis gets top spot for me - winning the heptathlon is really the top prize in women's athletics. But Mo Farah's 10,000 metres was really special (btw when was the last time a white guy finished in the top two?)

By the way, the last time a Brit won the long jump, I was still a schoolboy!

Peabody

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 05, 2012, 01:16:25 PM
Bless em

No, I deleted it as it seemed to upset a poster

Reindeer

It's been an amazing Olympics.  Mo's race for me was the highlight, but best performance was Jess Ennis.

We watched the afternoon and evening sessions in Victoria Park and left gone 11.30pm.  Strange to think that this time last year, that part of London was a no-go area due to the riots.  It might sound idealist, but I hope these games can influence "some" of these kids caught up in things last year.

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on August 05, 2012, 01:47:27 PM
Bless em

Keep your posts in Mr P, why should you have to be PC just because "someone" may be upset, leave it to the mods mate.

Reindeer

Quote from: epsomraver on August 05, 2012, 02:38:21 PM
Bless em

Keep your posts in Mr P, why should you have to be PC just because "someone" may be upset, leave it to the mods mate.

Quite right too.  If people don't want to read it, then they don't have to click.  Keep em coming Mr P.

HatterDon

Quote from: Peabody on August 05, 2012, 12:23:44 AM

Not at all, sir. Although I'm not very interested in the Olympics -- aside from the US and GB women's football teams -- I certainly don't want to censor the content on here. Something that hasn't happened in London since 1948 should certainly be a valid subject for much discussion on a sporting site such as this.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Team GB is definitely punching above their weight but I have to say, and I guess already knew going into the Olympics, the track cycling program is the best in the business right now and it has showed. Dominant. Looks like Murray is going to win in tennis so there is another Gold. Well done Team GB! 3rd in the medal count now. Pretty amazing!

Mr_Moon

Jack Fulham

Lottery funding has made us so much more competitive, amazing to see us doing so well!

jarv

Not meaning to hijack the thread but I thought the football yesterday wes fantastic, all the games (I watched 3). I was in the camp that football doesn't belong in the olympics but have changed my mind. Really like the under 23 format.
As long as they keep up the open attacking style.

GoldCoastWhite

Bless em

[/quote Very gentlemanly of you Mr P, but that's true to form for you. I thought it was amusing, if a little un PC, bu the fact is piracy is a an horrendous problem off of the Somali coast so quite topical.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 05, 2012, 04:22:43 PM
Get in Murray!

An amazing straight set win by Murray against Federer. Hard to be a cynic at the moment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

leonffc

Murray can be British for a week now. Then its back to being a sweaty ;-)