watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR What a cracking game USA Ladies v Canada Ladies

Started by Peabody, August 06, 2012, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Into extra time now but showing on BBC3 now really is a good game 3-3 at the moment

Reindeer

It should have been settled in regular time if that US girl connected properly with a cracking break away cross.

Been exciting, I'll say that.

RidgeRider

Reindeer

Absolute cracker.  That game was a great watch, quality aside.

Patterson

Yeah...I got home from work and saw they were in extra time at 3-3!  I post a facebook message supporting the lasses against the Yanks and about 30 seconds later, the US ladies scored.  I'm honestly pretty gutted here.  Canada has a very good women's team, but beating the US is always a bonus.  That Christine Sinclair is amazing to watch.  Such a class player fr women's football.

Ah well, we'll get em' next time!
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

HatterDon

The Canadian women played our girls off the park for long stretches of the match. We usually wear down our opponents and harry their back four with wide wing play, but the Canadian women kept their shape in midfield and defense like their coach was Roy Hodgson. The USA never got comfortably in control, and they are usually in this position for about 70 minutes of each match.

At 2-2, I turned to HatterMom and said, "I don't care who wins. This is a brilliant match and should have been the final." Well done to the Yanks and the same to the Canuks.

Great fitba.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Never a penalty - Canada robbed  096.gig  :012:

But the whole hearted play from both sides made me remember why the game can be so wonderful.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Absolutely class game - enough to make you forget abut some of the dross the England team have spewed on a regular basis in recent history.

Alex Morgan is a class above, but Megan Rapnioe seriously impressed tonight.  As did a few of the Canucks, including the sub who came on in normal time (can't remember her name) who decided it was her job to make every single tackle possible.

sacffc

What an awesome game.  I agree that Megan Rapinoe was very impressive (hooray for the northern Californian!).  She had one of the best crossing passes I've ever seen to set up Abby Wambach's goal in the 122nd minute of the World Cup semifinals last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_edrA0JEY#
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

btings

Alex Morgan's fitness level and Rapinoe's right foot are both incredible.  (What makes the cross against Brazil even more amazing is that it was with her left!)

Unbelievable game.

MisfitKid

USA! USA! USA!   starsnstripes

I hope they don't repeat the way they payed Japan in WC...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

luckylindy

:clap_hands: Just watched my recording.  Canada wuz robbed - 6 second call with no warning by the ref?  Boo on the ref.  Great game - Canada and the US played one of the most competitive matches I've seen in a long while.  Super Sinclair (with help from Tancredi) hattrick.  Rapinoe (2 goals!?) was tops end to end from start to finish.  Morgan has Messi class moves and Bale speed, and an Ibra header to finish.

Crede15

I thought it was an odd call but apparently the Canadian keeper said she had been warned.

theo

bog

An absolutely brilliant game. Gutted for them Canadians. Much more entertaining than watching the rubbish our men serve up.

AlFayedsChequebook

The tackling was pretty tasty last night!

Feel sorry for the Canadians, got screwed by the ref twice - 6 second penalty (when have you ever seen one of those given?) and the penalty (ball to hand).

Great advert for the womens game.

jms

:scarf:
Have loved watching the skill and excitement of the women's tournament. How I miss the days of watching 'Fulham Ladies' back when we were the best women's team in England. I would love it if MO could somehow get us back in at the higher level again. The  atmosphere at Wembley V Brazil last Tuesday night was special.
What Women's football now requires is its own MOTD highlights slot of the Women's Premier League, say on a Sunday afternoon, on BBC 2 ( no good having it as it is at the moment on some remote channel ) so that more people can get to know the players and begin to identify and support some of the teams.
As a woman, I am however skeptical that this will happen, as the sports media of this country will simply slide back to its usual 'male' approach in virtually all areas of Sport, once the euphoria of the games has died down. Lets hope I'm wrong this time !

epsomraver

please! I have seen better football down the park! Women's football as a spectator sport , no thanks.

sipwell

Quote from: epsomraver on August 07, 2012, 11:43:08 AM
please! I have seen better football down the park! Women's football as a spectator sport , no thanks.

Grumpy men will be grumpy. I have not seen the game but the people down the park are not playing the Olympics, are they?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

mr-ska