watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC Matchday Routine

Started by SP, August 06, 2012, 09:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

For 10 months a year my world resolves around supporting the Superwhites &, consequently everything is planned around our home fixtures & the occasional away.  Shower, lunch, park-up after 13:30, £8 for the meter, Putney High St, Tescos, club shop, Bishop's Park, the whole day is mapped-out.  It's been a couple of barren months & I'm missing it like hell, anyone else with similar cravings?   

Excuse the rambling, been on the sauce tonight.

:59:

Burt

Now that Fishers has re-opened my pre-match routine is restored. And all is well with the world. Just a shame I can no longer nip in the the Cottage for a couple of sherberts.

Adam87

Yup SP, know exactly the feeling, its getting to that time where i need to see Fulham on the pitch, like counting down the days to christmas when i was younger  :011:
I have had to given up my fulham schedule of train to clapham junction and then to putney and then the 20 mins walk to ground via bishops park......this season it has to be done 2 hours earlier due to working at the ground as assistant groundsman  yee-haw! 098.gif :scarf: yee-haw!................dont have to pay for my season ticket either this year as i was struggling enough last year. Anyway like you i cant wait..... absolutley buzzing and the pitch looks amazing by the way.

sacffc

Since 3 in the afternoon is 7 in the morning here in California, my usual routine is to drag myself out of bed, make some coffee and then look for a stream showing the game.  Nevertheless, I'm very much looking forward to it!
My music blog:  If you just Stand There and Play, is it worth listening to?

zzamora

Quote from: Adam87 on August 06, 2012, 11:36:05 PM
Yup SP, know exactly the feeling, its getting to that time where i need to see Fulham on the pitch, like counting down the days to christmas when i was younger  :011:
I have had to given up my fulham schedule of train to clapham junction and then to putney and then the 20 mins walk to ground via bishops park......this season it has to be done 2 hours earlier due to working at the ground as assistant groundsman  yee-haw! 098.gif :scarf: yee-haw!................dont have to pay for my season ticket either this year as i was struggling enough last year. Anyway like you i cant wait..... absolutley buzzing and the pitch looks amazing by the way.

YOU GOT THE JOB??

CONGRATS!

*Inserts fireworks smiley that has been taken away*

065.gif  yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw!

ScalleysDad

Well done  ............ and access onto the first team pitch as well. Back in the day of apprenticeships it would be weeks or even months before 'the young un' was allowed on first team grass be it football, rugby or cricket. Enjoy the forgotten career. Everybody wants to play on proper pitches, everybody wants to play on proper pitches 24/7/365 and everybody will now be banging on about the lack of both. Its a front line sports provision science and I would pay for a trained groundsman if we could afford it.

mr-ska

Get the train up from Woking..  into The Railway about 10.30 and meet my mates. Nice breakfast before wandering down Putney High Street, popping in a bookiies for a bet. Usually arrive at Rockwells (or what ever its called now) for about 12.  Usually leave there about 2.20pm and make my way to the ground to meet some more mates on the Concourse under the Hammersmith End. Have a pee at 2.50 before taking my seat in H1 about 2.55pm.   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

General

Quote from: SP on August 06, 2012, 09:55:39 PM
For 10 months a year my world resolves around supporting the Superwhites &, consequently everything is planned around our home fixtures & the occasional away.  Shower, lunch, park-up after 13:30, £8 for the meter, Putney High St, Tescos, club shop, Bishop's Park, the whole day is mapped-out.  It's been a couple of barren months & I'm missing it like hell, anyone else with similar cravings?   

I know this is meant to be an ardent Fulham fan's messageboard but I have to admit, I find it quite sad that you're dedicating your life non-stop to Fulham. You need to live more!!

mr-ska

Quote from: General on August 07, 2012, 10:33:54 AM
Quote from: SP on August 06, 2012, 09:55:39 PM
For 10 months a year my world resolves around supporting the Superwhites &, consequently everything is planned around our home fixtures & the occasional away.  Shower, lunch, park-up after 13:30, £8 for the meter, Putney High St, Tescos, club shop, Bishop's Park, the whole day is mapped-out.  It's been a couple of barren months & I'm missing it like hell, anyone else with similar cravings?    

I know this is meant to be an ardent Fulham fan's messageboard but I have to admit, I find it quite sad that you're dedicating your life non-stop to Fulham. You need to live more!!
Ive been feeling it too..  i hate the close season..  must admit when i think about the start of the season i get butterflies.

King_Crud

i like to have a life outside of it, so while cricket is on I forget about Fulham. I keep Fulham as my winter hobby

MJG

I will either drive up to park just off Upper Richmond Road or get a train from Woking. I'll get to Putney for about 12:30 and meet my old man in a pub or coffee shop (Since I stopped drinking have gone all coffee culture), then make our way through BP and into the ground for about 2:30.
While I would still go even if the old man didn't, we now see this as our chance to meet up. Think I have seen him once, maybe twice, since the end of the season and its very much Father and son time.

CorkCity

Get up at 5.30, get the flight from Cork to Heathrow, 267 bus to Hounslow, 91 bus to Hammersmith, have breakfast, walk to Fulham Broadway if it's not raining, book in to the hotel, go for a few pints with other members of the board.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Jack Fulham

get the 11.56 from Thames Ditton to Wimbledon. District line to East Putney, sometimes go Nandos for lunch and then the Boathouse for a drink but usually straight to the Boathouse. Night matches go Wagamama's on Putney High street for dinner and then Boathouse. Then walk through Bishops Park about 30 mins prior to ko.

HatterDon

Quote from: ddeuce on August 07, 2012, 08:01:55 AM
Quote from: Adam87 on August 06, 2012, 11:36:05 PM

YOU GOT THE JOB??

CONGRATS!

*Inserts fireworks smiley that has been taken away*

065.gif  yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw! yee-haw!

you mean this one? :fireworks:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

Always buy a couple of cans of Holsten from the offy near High Brooms (Kent) station. I don't particularly like Holsten, it's just a thing I picked up from our Euro adventures in North Germany. Last year I decided to switch to Scrumpy for the Euro home games but that was sent packing as we were too.

No particular allegiance to a pub. If there's a decent game on television then either Whistle & Flute or The Coat & Badge, if not then the Bricklayer's.

Buy a can for the park from the offy at the bottom of the High Street by the bridge.

BEER BEER BEER

Adam87

Thanks will, i follow your hammy end blog and russ goldmans radio chat as well, can see you being a future journo for sure. Good luck with that. Wouldnt mind meeting a few guys on here actually to introduce myself.

LBNo11

Quote from: Adam87 on August 07, 2012, 04:00:49 PM
Thanks will, i follow your hammy end blog and russ goldmans radio chat as well, can see you being a future journo for sure. Good luck with that. Wouldnt mind meeting a few guys on here actually to introduce myself.

...by meeting those on here you may be forced to become part of 'THE CLICQUE' By becoming a member you will be forced to ignore other posters posts and only converse with other exclusive members. The initiation process involves rolling up a trouser-leg whilst blind-folded, baring your chest to show your Fulham tattoo and singing "Blue Is The Colour" backwards. After you have been accepted as a member you will be allowed to call each other by the real names of the people you have come to know, no matter how offended those not in "THE CLICQUE" get...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Berserker

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 07, 2012, 04:25:27 PM

...by meeting those on here you may be forced to become part of 'THE CLICQUE' By becoming a member you will be forced to ignore other posters posts and only converse with other exclusive members. The initiation process involves rolling up a trouser-leg whilst blind-folded, baring your chest to show your Fulham tattoo and singing "Blue Is The Colour" backwards. After you have been accepted as a member you will be allowed to call each other by the real names of the people you have come to know, no matter how offended those not in "THE CLICQUE" get...

God I'm glad I'm not in the clique if you have to do all that. BTW could we keep the firework emoticom as I really like it.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

elgreenio

MK to Motspur Park for the under 18's at 11 if they're at home, then over to the Crabtree or Rockwells to find myself believing some stranger is definitely from FoF. That's usually about how it goes

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

ScalleysDad

As LB says that might be foolish. I disguise myself as the coat hanger or part of the door frame and just listen in on the rubbish being spoken about tactics, formations and puddings. Everyone has played for Surrey Schools don't you know. Don't try and blend in with the settee though. I'm still getting over that and I'm sure it was'nt a pickle spillage ......