more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR house south of england

Started by ffcitaly, August 15, 2012, 04:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcitaly

Hi all,
which area would you suggest to rent a house,three bedrooms,with a medium sized garden and not too expensive?
In a nice area and not too far from London (max 2 hours)
I was looking at the areas in Brighton,but it's quite expensive.
Thanks

Adam87

Brighton is very nice to renty a place for a bit, but unfortunalty you picked one of the most expensive places in england to rent.... :dft006:
It depends what your limit on renting is but if you can find somewhere near brighton on the outskirts - that might be an option.....?

Hove is nice which is next to brighton as well. If you want to go into london....look towards putney area.....you can still find some places which are not too expensive.....you need to look around. anyway gl

Airfix

Not sure what you class as pricy but have a look down the A3/London-Portsmouth train line.  I live in Godalming (I own, rather than rent) and the journey time to Waterloo is 45 minutes flat.

ffcitaly

Quote from: Adam87 on August 15, 2012, 04:54:11 PM
Brighton is very nice to renty a place for a bit, but unfortunalty you picked one of the most expensive places in england to rent.... :dft006:
It depends what your limit on renting is but if you can find somewhere near brighton on the outskirts - that might be an option.....?

Hove is nice which is next to brighton as well. If you want to go into london....look towards putney area.....you can still find some places which are not too expensive.....you need to look around. anyway gl

Hi,
I would go closer to London,but I have a dog and need a small garden for him.I've checked also the Surrey area and when you are looking for places with a garden it starts to cost quite a bit.I've checked also the north of London,but it seems a bit rough.Maybe a solution could be the area between London and Oxford?

ffcitaly

Quote from: Airfix on August 15, 2012, 05:50:13 PM
Not sure what you class as pricy but have a look down the A3/London-Portsmouth train line.  I live in Godalming (I own, rather than rent) and the journey time to Waterloo is 45 minutes flat.

thanks mate

MasterHaynes

Try looking at Hassocks, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath all on the London Main Line into London bridge and Victoria, Haywards Heath is the most expensive because the fast trains stop there saving about 10 minutes on the 50 minute ride into London. Hassockes is more a little Village not much in was of shops but Burgess Hill has plenty Pubs, shops and has two stations(Wivelsfield is 3/4 mile down the line from Burgess Hill) Any nearer to London you hit the Gatwick area and prices go up

ffcitaly

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 15, 2012, 06:47:59 PM
Try looking at Hassocks, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath all on the London Main Line into London bridge and Victoria, Haywards Heath is the most expensive because the fast trains stop there saving about 10 minutes on the 50 minute ride into London. Hassockes is more a little Village not much in was of shops but Burgess Hill has plenty Pubs, shops and has two stations(Wivelsfield is 3/4 mile down the line from Burgess Hill) Any nearer to London you hit the Gatwick area and prices go up

thanks

Mike

Hi
Sittingbourne in Kent is very reasonable and only an hour by train into central London
The Garden of  000en.gif
1879 a good year for football

Berserker

Quote from: Mike on August 16, 2012, 04:57:53 PM
Hi
Sittingbourne in Kent is very reasonable and only an hour by train into central London
The Garden of  000en.gif

Swindon is the Boca del Infierno akin to  Sunnyingdale in the mythology of the "Buffyverse". Sorry had a boring day at work  :Get Coat gif:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffcitaly

Hi
The Garden of  000en.gif

cheers

beijing ben

Quote from: ffcitaly on August 16, 2012, 11:40:26 PM
Hi
The Garden of  000en.gif

cheers

Woh!! Have to comment as i grew up in Sittingbourne (Milton). Generally the place is terrible. Just outside is okay (eg.Tunstall) but the place itself, no. Mike, I'm guessing you are talking about a place on the outskirts.. Other places in Kent are very beautiful and easy to get to London if you need to..

ClarksOriginal

Have you looked at Essex?

I live in Chelmsford, it's relatively cheap, has a line straight into Liverpool Street. I can get to FFC in 1hr30 ish.

There is availability to rent and to buy here easily. Biggest town in Essex with a really nice high street. It's easy to get into London via Car as the motorway run adjacent to the town.

Plenty of fields to walk dogs in, and the nearby towns of Danbury, Maldon, Sandon etc are really nice to walk through/ride you bike/ walk dogs. Colchester, Southend and Clacton are all about 25 mins away by car.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Airfix on August 15, 2012, 05:50:13 PM

I agree with Airfix. Head down towards Hampshire way and you have great towns like Petersfield and Liss which are all a quick drive or train from London, and it's beautiful countryside around there too.

In fact, next to Petersfield in a small hamlet called 'Steep', there's a truly wonderful pub called 'The Harrow Inn'. Well worth a visit.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc