News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Are we all set to fall apart after this season's over?

Started by General, August 16, 2012, 01:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Dempsey, Dembele, could both be out the door.

Hangeland is apparently not close to signing a new contract.

Jol's contract possibly runs out then?

Diarra is only contracted till the end of next season and so is petric.

We could be left with bare bones of a small squad with a lot of influential players leaving.

AlFayedsChequebook

I dont think I can deal with another depression thread

goodbye  090.gif

LRCN

i can confirm that this club will begin to disintegrate on the 21st of december, 2012

9739.gif

TonyGilroy

Quote from: ~lork on August 16, 2012, 01:59:53 PM
i can confirm that this club will begin to disintegrate on the 21st of december, 2012

9739.gif

We've got that long?

Thank God.

epsomraver

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 16, 2012, 01:57:02 PM
I dont think I can deal with another depression thread

goodbye  090.gif

Fake, you are still here, can I start a come back Mr Cheque book thread?

Chesh

Are you sure it's not the Samaritan's you need?

Look, some of what you say will probably happen, but the rest probably won't.

No-one knows, but why worry about it?

Whatever will be will be, and that's football!

We have no devine right for all our best players to stay, and will get on with whatever cards are dealt.

At the end of the day, this is football, and it's supposed to be enjoyable. It's a bonus in my life if Fulham win, not a necessity....

fp.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

The King

clintclintdeuce

If we stayed up with the likes of Ante Niemi and Michael Brown and Zat Knight, were fine uneven if those players leave. Sorry. Glass half full for me.
The Dude abides.

Berserker

9739.gif

Well just about the same time as I go to in laws in Scotland then  :005:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Berserker on August 16, 2012, 02:59:23 PM

9739.gif

Well just about the same time as I go to in laws in Scotland then  :005:

Are you going via Liverpool then? We are looking at rugby and footie fixtures for christmas this year as last time round we sat around wondering why we were doing the same as last year and the year before. Anfield might feature but theres a packed programme from Boxing Day onwards as well. No meltdown until the fat lady sings .......

sipwell

I guess I'll have to move to Friends of Chelsea then. Or better: start it!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ScalleysDad

Quote from: sipwell on August 16, 2012, 03:45:21 PM

Panic not. It wil be fine. After all have we not been banging on about giving the youth a chance and getting shot of some of the old guard. Based on several performances last season is Hangeland still the rock he once was and Jol did get it right regarding Dembele, Kaca and Frei and to a degree Etuhu who he has allowed to leave. Go to Chelsea and the Friends group motto will be 'nothing to see here'.

cebu

Quote from: sipwell on August 16, 2012, 03:45:21 PM

Ah, but it would be such a lonely existence ...

Lighthouse

My first words as a baby were 'The End'.  True story

So this thread is very comforting. Except for those people who keep saying don't worry. Don't worry everyone. But what is that big dark object coming towards us from the depths of space?

The chances of anyone coming to us are a million to one they said.
The chances of anything coming to us  are a million to one, no still not a sausage.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 16, 2012, 03:28:19 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 16, 2012, 02:59:23 PM

9739.gif

Well just about the same time as I go to in laws in Scotland then  :005:

Are you going via Liverpool then? We are looking at rugby and footie fixtures for christmas this year as last time round we sat around wondering why we were doing the same as last year and the year before. Anfield might feature but theres a packed programme from Boxing Day onwards as well. No meltdown until the fat lady sings .......

Well actually I was trying to get Mr B to call in at Wigan on the way back down from Scotland in September, but was told a definite no way. He said it's bad enough having to drive 400 miles without having to go to a football match in the middle, anyhow only staying up there a week now. I personally thought it would be a nice little break from driving!!
Therefore I think Liverpool is even more than a big no, could be a b off!

Might go to the Liverpool V Hearts match in Edinburgh depending when it is, the Spurs one there last year was a great atmosphere, the Scotties sang all the way through even though they were getting stuffed. Also may go to the Bristol City V Blackburn match if it doesn't clash with one of ours,  just to see how Murph and Etuhu are getting on, have to sit in the City end though.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 16, 2012, 02:00:59 PM

9739.gif

We've got that long?

Thank God.

Please. Think nothing of it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr_Moon

This forum will go into meltdown after the first three games. The Norwich game is unpredictable as it's the first game and they are an unknown quantity under Hughton. Against Man Utd we have no hope in hell and West Ham are a traditional bogey team for us.

We're doomed.

General

just noticed Hangeland only has a year left on his contract too... so that could be Dembele, Diarra, Petric, Hangeland and Dempsey all leaving once the year's out... conspiracy theory?

aussierod

I am totally in agreement with this, we are gone, as surely we are the only club to lose their best players  090.gif

Oh wait, there's Arsenal losing Fabregas, Nasri, Clichy, Van Persie etc etc and still finishing 3rd, you've got Newcastle losing Carroll, Nolan, Barton & Enrique [all key figures for them at the time] and finishing what 5/6th? and obviously as we are Fulham, we won't replace them with other players who are ever capable of playing Premier League eg Pogrebnyak was terrible replacing Zamora, plus I think Ruiz could/should step up this season to replace Dempsey's goal input as well as input from Rodallega/Petric, Kasami could possibly come into CM for Dembele - and thats not even mentioning the 2-3 new signings Jol has been suggesting we are trying to make

Players are players, no matter who they are, they will always come and go, regardless of the club. Jol is a good manager, he will be aware of players performance levels, contract situations etc as well as Mackintosh, and they have to deal with the situations as they come up, we can't force players to resign contracts etc (as much as some on here think we can) and we can't afford to go out of our wage structure which has provided us with stability, progression and long term sustainability for our great little club

So regardless of players leaving, we will replace them, and find new folk heroes, just as we've always done before  :scarf:
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts