watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our transfer window has officially sucked

Started by Admin, August 16, 2012, 07:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

All these names keep coming and going and we seem to lose out to others. If we do sign anyone now they won't have been first choice just sloppy seconds. Hope the youngsters can really perform this year or we are in trouble.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Patterson

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!1!

Or we can be adults and not be Chicken Littles afraid of the sky falling on us.  Remember that most of the media have to sell papers by printing this muck.  That's their biggest concern... moving copies not accuracy.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Matt Inglis

We should sign two big players by 4pm tomorrow. Don't worry. #itk
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

ffcfulham

im staying off twitter forums everything untill tommrow @ 4:30 pm and if there is nobody !!!
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

Mr Fulham

It's getting worse...

Joey Barton to OM on loan and star defender MBia heading the other way. Mbia is a monster, amazing signing by the HaHas.

And Southampton have pipped Liverpool to the signing of 21-year old Bologna star Gaston Ramirez.

ffcfulham

hate to say it but amazing business by qpr there looking like a good outfit for this season
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Patterson

Quote from: Berserker on August 16, 2012, 10:46:55 PM
We're doomed, doomed, doomed

Time to switch over to following badminton, this much is clear.

Berserker

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LRCN

lol.

as always with these things judge at the end of the transfer window. until then there is literally no point about commenting on how successful we've been in the window. thus far we have a squad very capable of playing until the 31st, with some shrewed additions and little fatal outgoings.

after the 31st if the squad remains as it is i'd be concerned. but it isnt the 31st yet. so why lend your mental capacity to something which is irrelevant?

Swiss72

Berserker

Yes really must concentate on work tomorrow. Not enough mental activity going that way today

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Oiseau on August 16, 2012, 08:41:00 PM
I'm trying not to think about it too much because it's making me quite miserable. I've never been quite this worried about us even before the season has started. There are so many important contracts that need extensions, some fairly significant holes in our squad and quite a few key players looking as if they'll jump ship. My nightmare is that we could do awfully this season and do a Bolton (our players/manager at the end of their contracts are released.) We don't seem to be doing much (visibly at least) about it... It seems as if we have no money to spend, too...  

I really hope Ruiz fulfils his potential this season.  

So the club panics and buys three players to placate the panicking fans  and there are no takers for Clint and Moussa.  
The club would be stuck with a crippling wage bill,  what good would that do us  ???  

We should trust Mac and Mo and let them do there business without this  background of hysterics    
As for Ruiz he is a class act, his performance will depend on how Jol chooses to deal with him.  

Patterson

Quote from: KCat on August 16, 2012, 10:54:43 PM
Quote from: Oiseau on August 16, 2012, 08:41:00 PM
I'm trying not to think about it too much because it's making me quite miserable. I've never been quite this worried about us even before the season has started. There are so many important contracts that need extensions, some fairly significant holes in our squad and quite a few key players looking as if they'll jump ship. My nightmare is that we could do awfully this season and do a Bolton (our players/manager at the end of their contracts are released.) We don't seem to be doing much (visibly at least) about it... It seems as if we have no money to spend, too...   

I really hope Ruiz fulfils his potential this season.   

So the club panics and buys three players to placate the panicking fans  and there are no takers for Clint and Moussa.   
The club would be stuck with a crippling wage bill,  what good would that do us  ???   

We should trust Mac and Mo and let them do there business without this  background of hysterics   
As for Ruiz he is a class act, his performance will depend on how Jol chooses to deal with him. 

STOP BEING LOGICAL!

:P

Lighthouse

It is not a case of panic. Name the strikers we have on our books for the start of the season. Now name the wide players.

OK NOW PANIC.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

I'm now stuck between Lorcan and Lighthouse.

Not panicking, but I'm  worried.

Admin

Quote from: ~lork on August 16, 2012, 10:50:29 PM
lol.

as always with these things judge at the end of the transfer window. until then there is literally no point about commenting on how successful we've been in the window. thus far we have a squad very capable of playing until the 31st, with some shrewed additions and little fatal outgoings.

after the 31st if the squad remains as it is i'd be concerned. but it isnt the 31st yet. so why lend your mental capacity to something which is irrelevant?

I'm sorry Lork but something isn't right this summer and alarm bells are starting to ring, well im my ears they are any way. I'm typically down to earth and always trust in Fulham to 'get it right on the night' but we are struggling to attract players big time and you can really sense this.

Why? I'm not sure, but we've seemed to have done nothing but cut the wage bill and then snoop around for above average cheap freebies as repalcements and then renew contracts of people like Stephen Kelly and Marcello Trotta. Brede, Dempsey and Moussa's contracts should have been sorted out bloody months ago.

I don't think things are as well oiled as we think they are behind the scenes and I also think we may have a little bit of an exudous going on between the club and players over contracts. I'm sorry but I don't want to be hearing the names of Rhodes, Wittingham, Zaha or even poxy Hooper of Peterborough being linked with Fulham, it's depressing and shows that we lack funds/ambition.

I thought we'd kick on this year, build quickly on what Jol had put in place by adding 2-3 quality players, not wait until after the first game of the season to 'see' if we get buy anyone, what's the point of that? You say don't panic but we are, with out fail, 2-3 good players short in different area's and if we fail to add these BY the 31st we won't be having a very productive season.

I'm fed up will it already and I've not even sat down yet to watch the first game of the season.

Admin

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2012, 11:14:44 PM
It is not a case of panic. Name the strikers we have on our books for the start of the season. Now name the wide players.

OK NOW PANIC.

Petric' is 31, look at his injury record over the years then add this to Hugo's. Also look at what we have as back up. You might want to go and panic some more if I were you.

Patterson

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2012, 11:14:44 PM

OK NOW PANIC.

Petric, Rodallega, Ruiz, Duff, Kaca, Trotta, Frei, Davies and until further notice, Clint.  I feel okay about it so far.  Maybe I'm underreacting.