watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Shirt of Van Persie

Started by Walsh, August 16, 2012, 08:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Oh wow. Eight years of service, last year he was their standout player.

Just wow.

epsomraver

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 16, 2012, 08:54:03 PM

Just wow.

They are not even English fans, probably never been to a game

The King

Talk about manwhore gloryhunters... lol.

Walsh

he has the Arsenal badge tattoo'd on the back of his leg, you would think he would have more respect for someone who was at the club.

Terry Angus

this is a bad example bc they're not even english, not proper fans...

...but their fans do have every right to feel like that. this idea that it's perfectly ok for players like RVP and Dempsey to pursue their own interests and disregard everything else is complete b******s. i don't understand how this massive misconception came about.

and the idea that 8 yrs' service means he can join their rivals like that without criticism... wtf!! perhaps we should let ian huntley out of jail, cos apparently he did a really good job keeping the school clean until he went off the rails

sympathy for the gooners

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well it's not like he/she would wear it again

Patterson

With some of the talk around the boards, I half-fear seeing a number 23 Fulham jersey go up if the day ever comes...

No FFC fan would dare be that classless...right?
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Swedish Terrier

Quote from: epsomraver on August 16, 2012, 09:01:14 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 16, 2012, 08:54:03 PM

Just wow.

They are not even English fans, probably never been to a game

1499  090.gif
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

sipwell

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 16, 2012, 10:52:47 PM

Aah, the assumption is that overseas fans cannot be proper fans. I'll take note.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

alfie

I would find it quite amusing with RVP going to utd to win trophies and they end up with nothing and Arsenal win the league and champions league, ok i know it aint gonna happen but i would find it amusing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on August 17, 2012, 09:20:18 AM

Aah, the assumption is that overseas fans cannot be proper fans. I'll take note.

I'd never heard that before, Mr. Sips. I'm mildly surprised, although I've been told I'm not proper for a number of years.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Steve_orino

Quote from: HatterDon on August 17, 2012, 02:55:03 PM
Quote from: sipwell on August 17, 2012, 09:20:18 AM
I'd never heard that before, Mr. Sips. I'm mildly surprised, although I've been told I'm not proper for a number of years.

Will Fulham buy back the 2 shirts I have, & the shirt my son has? 
Will they reimburse me for the sleep I've lost or the days I missed work to see the European Tour?

Guess I'll go back to watching Cowboys games... 090.gif
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Terry Angus

nothing personal to the foreign fans. they're no doubt just as nice as the english (probably nicer in fact bc we're such dicks) and i'm sure the support must be much appreciated by everyone connected with the club... but they'll never be the same as the club's domestic fan base. anyone who went to matches back in the day when you used to recognise everyone else there would agree. in much the same way i'll never be allowed to join the ac milan ultras, as miuch as i want to, or be considered a proper fan of the 'chicago bay blueskins' if there is such a thing

Patterson

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 17, 2012, 10:34:56 PM
nothing personal to the foreign fans. they're no doubt just as nice as the english (probably nicer in fact bc we're such dicks) and i'm sure the support must be much appreciated by everyone connected with the club... but they'll never be the same as the club's domestic fan base. anyone who went to matches back in the day when you used to recognise everyone else there would agree. in much the same way i'll never be allowed to join the ac milan ultras, as miuch as i want to, or be considered a proper fan of the 'chicago bay blueskins' if there is such a thing

You're right.  It's not the same...but we also have to go well out of our way to get our Fulham fix.  We have to scrap to follow our club as much as we'd like to and even there the TV coverage here is poor.

No offence taken nor meant.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

Terry Angus

Quote from: Patterson on August 17, 2012, 11:32:45 PM
Quote from: Terry Angus on August 17, 2012, 10:34:56 PM

You're right.  It's not the same...but we also have to go well out of our way to get our Fulham fix.  We have to scrap to follow our club as much as we'd like to and even there the TV coverage here is poor.

No offence taken nor meant.

yeah i actually think i got caught up the anger at dempsey and said something i didn't quite mean initially to be fair. in amny respects it takes more commitment to follow the club from far away and is more admirable. also a lot of the foreign fans on this forum know a lot more than me, eg that belgian sipwell guy

Swedish Terrier

People can forget that foreign fans are not one big group. There are of course many international fans who don't even know the names of their stadiums but support their club in a less serious way. They can often be referred to as gloryhunters which often, but not always, applies. These fans obviously exist in England as well. Fulham will always have less supporters both in England and in other countries than say Manchester United, but there are very few gloryhunters who support Fuham due to, well you know...
That is why I still  :58: when I see a Fulham supporter in Sweden, and definitely stop and greet them. I don't think many United fans will stop and take the time to say 'hi' to each other as they are a common kind.

Still, don't disrespect international supporters of any team because they can't get to many,if any, games or simply because they're not English.
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

Berserker

I love the fact we have so many international fans, i love it that i can say at the Euro's, Olympics, World cup that guy plays for Fulham, i'm really proud of them. In my IT job i work with many different nationalities, it's great because it gives me a wider knowledge and understanding of the world.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.