https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if Clint stays....

Started by WhiteJC, August 18, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

Totally agree.

Quote from: kiwiwaka on August 18, 2012, 07:58:32 PM
Considering what has been said/done, should earn his way back into the squad.
¡COYW!

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2012, 09:06:28 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 18, 2012, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: nevzter on August 18, 2012, 07:52:35 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
Kacaniklic...not based on today's performance but based on the class of the two players.

This.
But I think Rodellaga wil,take Kaca's spot once he is fully fit, with Kaca and Frei coming on with 20mins to go as fresh legs, so it would still leave Dempsey on the bench as an impact sub
Now come on, who scored 23 goals last season? Who was our Fan's Player of the Year? Who was our Player of the Year? Dempsey as an impact sub?

Really, folks.

Totally.  He remains the best player at the club, bar maybe Hangeland.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 18, 2012, 08:12:17 PM
I'd drop Duffers. Put Clint on the right. Offensivly he is much more accomplished then Duff. Duff doesn't play in the air. Course, he does play defense.....
Hmmmmmn, I think I'll let MJ decide.

BTW, that stature of MJ outside the Cottage, was Martin ever that thin?   

Yes, let Jol decide. The fact that Duff scored the opening goal, looked as fresh as a daisy and really up for the game and the season didn't influence you then?

Dempsey needs to find a rock to crawl under. West Ham or QPR beckons.

ffcfulham

martin said to us that he has gained weight needs to give up smoking
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

JohnKovacs

Didn't have time to read all the replies, but based on today's performance by all the starters, if Dempsey stays, he's going to have to play his way back into the starting XI.

Kacaniklic...not based on today's performance but based on the class of the two players.

This.
But I think Rodellaga wil,take Kaca's spot once he is fully fit, with Kaca and Frei coming on with 20mins to go as fresh legs, so it would still leave Dempsey on the bench as an impact sub
Now come on, who scored 23 goals last season? Who was our Fan's Player of the Year? Who was our Player of the Year? Dempsey as an impact sub?

Really, folks.

That was so last season.

This season Dempsey has probably already achieved an unassailable lead in the competition for Moody, Spoilt Prima Donna of the Year, an award previously won by the likes of Zamora and Bullard. And look what happened to their careers.

mhatc

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 18, 2012, 09:36:27 PM

This.

Really, folks.

That was so last season.

This season Dempsey has probably already achieved an unassailable lead in the competition for Moody, Spoilt Prima Donna of the Year, an award previously won by the likes of Zamora and Bullard. And look what happened to their careers.

And Schwartzer. Don't forget we never got over that holdout. To think he could go to Arsenal and then just waltz right back in the team. Oh wait we did get over it and he did walk back in the team September 1.

fulhamben

Quote from: mhatc on August 18, 2012, 09:45:15 PM

This.

Really, folks.

That was so last season.

And Schwartzer. Don't forget we never got over that holdout. To think he could go to Arsenal and then just waltz right back in the team. Oh wait we did get over it and he did walk back in the team September 1.
i wasnt happy about it. thought stockers more than earned his right to continue as number 1
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Terry Angus

i inadvertently answered this question on another post. dempsey is better than kaca but he isn't better than ruiz so unless he can learn to play out wide then he ain't getting in the team for a while

and he ain't a more accomplished attacking player than duff btw. throughout hodgson's time here, if we ever got a player into a one-on-one with their 'keeper, i wanted it to be duff.

duff in front of goal = a goal.

fact.

fulhamben

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 09:58:08 PM
i inadvertently answered this question on another post. dempsey is better than kaca but he isn't better than ruiz so unless he can learn to play out wide then he ain't getting in the team for a while

and he ain't a more accomplished attacking player than duff btw. throughout hodgson's time here, if we ever got a player into a one-on-one with their 'keeper, i wanted it to be duff.

fact.
fair point. he is good at one on ones
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SaltfordWhite

I have always thought that Zamora doing so well was almost entirely down to Duff.

nevzter

Ruiz is better than Dempsey?

An allusion that Dempsey can't finish one vs. one as well as Duff?

'He needs to stay out wide.'

Knives out - however, logic put to bed. 

This is silliness.  If he comes back, he's in the first XI in 2 weeks time and the squad will be better than the one put out today.  Fantastic performance today, but it is Norwich...with a new manager. 

Still, he's not coming back in my mind (Gooners with more means after Song being sold...), so up the Whites we have!!!

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

YankeeJim

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 09:58:08 PM

fact.

Duff is a fine player. As long as he is on his left foot he'll get his 3/4 goals a year, Dempsey has increased his goal totla each and every year while with the Whites.

Your a WUM.
Fact
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Quote from: mhatc on August 18, 2012, 09:45:15 PM

This.

Really, folks.

That was so last season.

That, I believe, was slightly different. Arsenal did make a proper bid albeit that it was below even the most modest valuation. Schwarzer did have a bit of a hissy fit. Arsenal failed to follow up and behaved badly. And Schwarzer settled back in quickly.

Dempsey, like Bullard and Zamora, has announced that he wants to leave before any official offer.

nevzter

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 10:20:18 PM
Quote from: nevzter on August 18, 2012, 10:12:19 PM

This is silliness.  If he comes back, he's in the first XI in 2 weeks time and the squad will be better than the one put out today.  Fantastic performance today, but it is Norwich...with a new manager.  

Still, he's not coming back in my mind (Gooners with more means after Song being sold...), so up the Whites we have!!!

COYW

where??!??! if you're gonna question someone's logic you should explain how your first xi would shape up. duff f@#'ing destroys demspey for composure in front of goal and finishing. ruiz absolutely destroys dempsey for vision, passing and creativity. dempsey's thing is coming from deep and getting some part of his body on the end of stuff in the box. he does that very very well but it doesn't mean he's better than every other player in every respect. that's the logic innit
"Destroys" and "absolutely destroys."  Calm down, sir.  Ruiz and Dempsey could both play off of Petric or go with a modified 4-5-1.  Kaca isn't at Dempsey's level, neither is Ruiz for that matter until he proves it.   Dempsey can deliver a brilliant pass; to say contrary, is disingenuous.  And to score 23 (has Duff netted that many in a season?), says enough about composure in front of the net.  Let it go- you don't like him and at this point, neither do I.  But, your arguments aren't supported by the past 4 years of performance.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

YankeeJim

This is silliness.  If he comes back, he's in the first XI in 2 weeks time and the squad will be better than the one put out today.  Fantastic performance today, but it is Norwich...with a new manager.  

COYW

where??!??! if you're gonna question someone's logic you should explain how your first xi would shape up. duff f@#'ing destroys demspey for composure in front of goal and finishing. ruiz absolutely destroys dempsey for vision, passing and creativity. dempsey's thing is coming from deep and getting some part of his body on the end of stuff in the box. he does that very very well but it doesn't mean he's better than every other player in every respect. that's the logic innit

Clint has more goals than all of those "better" players combined.  Each player brings something. Moose can play keep away in the middle of the pitch and then find his man. Duff usually crosses well and that left foot will get us 3/4 goals a year. Ruiz is smart and passes better and hopefully will justify his price this year. Dempsey simply scores goals. Rather usefull, wouldn't you say?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

mhatc

COYW

where??!??! if you're gonna question someone's logic you should explain how your first xi would shape up. duff destroys demspey for composure in front of goal and finishing. ruiz absolutely destroys dempsey for vision, passing and creativity. dempsey's thing is coming from deep and getting some part of his body on the end of stuff in the box. he does that very very well but it doesn't mean he's better than every other player in every respect. that's the logic innit

The same place he always is as long as we play with inverted midfielders. Kacaniclic scored his first goal and he is ready to replace someone with 50 in the premier league? That is sound logic. If we don't want inverted wingers/forwards he goes on the right and Duff on the left. If Duff is great at composure in front of goal, he should get there more often and get 17 a year. Duff may destroy him in composure, but Dempsey destroys him in actually scoring which is actually the point of the sport. And I would put Dempsey up there with vision and passing with Ruiz, but he has been the only consistent finisher so he can't finish his own pass. Duff has been the only one able to finish his passes.

Terry Angus

Quote from: mhatc on August 18, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
he goes on the right and Duff on the left.

...is all you needed to say.

that's a reasonable answer; that's what i'd do. but it means we won't have any real width which is a shame.

mhatc

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 18, 2012, 10:50:56 PM
Quote from: mhatc on August 18, 2012, 10:42:21 PM
he goes on the right and Duff on the left.

...is all you needed to say.

that's a reasonable answer; that's what i'd do. but it means we won't have any real width which is a shame.

Honestly I don't know why Jol hasn't done this. Roy happened on it by accident because we didn't have a true left winger until Duff and he got put on the right so both wide mids were inverted. It seems like Jol would have fixed this with the 4-3-3 switch.

Jack Fulham

Don't think we'd miss his goals too much. Chances are still being created, it just ain't gonna be clint scoring them.