watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if Clint stays....

Started by WhiteJC, August 18, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

based on todays performance, who would you drop to let Clint back in the team?

MikeR

Jol has to start the same XI until someone gets hurt or puts in subpar shift.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

Herbie

Nobody on today's performance.

If he stays, it will retain some depth in the squad for injuries, but on today's performance I can't see where he would slot in to make the team stronger.  Maybe in Ruiz's role against more physical opposition, but I think Ruiz looked stronger today (compared to last season) and I thought he showed why he cost nigh on £10mil.  

Mr Fulham

Kacaniklic...not based on today's performance but based on the class of the two players.

nevzter

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 18, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
Kacaniklic...not based on today's performance but based on the class of the two players.

This.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

MJG

Without Dempsey you got a more traditional wide man in Kaca playing. Even with Frei playing on the left he is more direct than Clint is.
Kaca was going in field quite a bit similar to the way Dempsey does and hey presto he found himself with a goal scoring chance and took it.

Dempsey stays he holds backs both of those players by playing that left position, or he could.move up front or behind the striker. Wait that means Ruiz or Petric gets left out.

If he stays and commits to the cause we will have a stronger squad, he leaves we get money to bring in someone else.

After today I would be ok if he left. Once we lose to Utd we will all he saying stay please.

mccscratch

Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2012, 07:53:35 PM
Without Dempsey you got a more traditional wide man in Kaca playing. Even with Frei playing on the left he is more direct than Clint is.
Kaca was going in field quite a bit similar to the way Dempsey does and hey presto he found himself with a goal scoring chance and took it.

Dempsey stays he holds backs both of those players by playing that left position, or he could.move up front or behind the striker. Wait that means Ruiz or Petric gets left out.

If he stays and commits to the cause we will have a stronger squad, he leaves we get money to bring in someone else.

After today I would be ok if he left. Once we lose to Utd we will all he saying stay please.

I am about the biggest Kaca fan around... the kid has the stuff but he would certainly take the bench for Clint at this point in his career...

Nothing wrong with having 15 excellent players to fill 11 slots...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

kiwiwaka

Considering what has been said/done, should earn his way back into the squad.

tslyon

..And if we don't lose?

fulhamben

no one for me. to drop kaca for clint would un balance the whole team, unless clint could finally have the discipline to stay wide. but as in he hasnt for the last 5 years, why hamper someones progress to accomidate a player past his peak who does not want to be here
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2012, 08:02:13 PM
plus they aren't good compared to united teams of the past
fp.gif not really mate

fulhamben

YankeeJim

I'd drop Duffers. Put Clint on the right. Offensivly he is much more accomplished then Duff. Duff doesn't play in the air. Course, he does play defense.....
Hmmmmmn, I think I'll let MJ decide.

BTW, that stature of MJ outside the Cottage, was Martin ever that thin?  
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LordNelson

Quote from: fulhamben on August 18, 2012, 08:00:58 PM
no one for me. to drop kaca for clint would un balance the whole team, unless clint could finally have the discipline to stay wide. but as in he hasnt for the last 5 years, why hamper someones progress to accomidate a player past his peak who does not want to be here

Past his peak??   Based on what evidence, mate?  You're beclowning yourself.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Matt_Keen

Quote from: tslyon on August 18, 2012, 07:59:24 PM

..And if we don't lose?
we wont. first few games is always a good time to play them. plus they are not as good compared to united teams of the past

We're playing them at the right time, but this is the strongest United side on paper, for years. Kagawa and Van Persie? Players of the year in the Bundesliga and Premier League respectively. Not to mention the existing quality they have there... It's extremely short sighted to underestimate them.

fulhamben

Quote from: Matt_Keen on August 18, 2012, 08:38:57 PM
Quote from: tslyon on August 18, 2012, 07:59:24 PM

..And if we don't lose?
we wont. first few games is always a good time to play them. plus they are not as good as compared to united teams of the past

We're playing them at the right time, but this is the strongest United side on paper, for years. Kagawa and Van Persie? Players of the year in the Bundesliga and Premier League respectively. Not to mention the existing quality they have there... It's extremely short sighted to underestimate them.
i can under estimate them all i want we have just won 5 0 and i dont pick the team or do tactics:) just think they have some weak areas and thought they were pants the last couple of years compared to the uniteds that won games before the game had actually kicked off. cant see them touching chelsea or city but like i said we will see

MasterHaynes

Quote from: nevzter on August 18, 2012, 07:52:35 PM

This.
But I think Rodellaga wil,take Kaca's spot once he is fully fit, with Kaca and Frei coming on with 20mins to go as fresh legs, so it would still leave Dempsey on the bench as an impact sub

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 18, 2012, 08:44:39 PM

This.
But I think Rodellaga wil,take Kaca's spot once he is fully fit, with Kaca and Frei coming on with 20mins to go as fresh legs, so it would still leave Dempsey on the bench as an impact sub
Rodallega came here to play up front. He is a backup.

Bassey the warrior

Kacaniklic was excellent today but Dempsey is better. How to deal with three players that play the same position is difficult but the best kind of problem. I'd still like a backup for Dembele, although that could be Kasami, competition for Duff and another prolific striker. Given his age and the fact he's come from a different league we can't assume Petric will always be that effective. So two to three players more would be fine. If Dempsey leaves we don't need another left sided midfielder but we do need more goalscorers.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 18, 2012, 08:44:39 PM

This.
Now come on, who scored 23 goals last season? Who was our Fan's Player of the Year? Who was our Player of the Year? Dempsey as an impact sub?

Really, folks.