more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

if Clint stays....

Started by WhiteJC, August 18, 2012, 07:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2012, 11:42:31 AM
Ah yes the smell of Nation bashing in the morning. Some of our best posters on this site are from over the seas in the Americas. Could we desist from bashing an entire Country because one player who we all know is amongst our best players. May or may not have been ill advised over his well deserved departure for different experiences.

I would like the fans from the States to hang around long after Clint goes. It doesn't help if we start slagging each other off.

If they love the club they will stay, if they are only along for the Dempsey ride then they are no great loss. I have an American couple of ST holders next to me and they are disgusted by Clints actions.

And I am just talking about my experiences with certain americans when I say that they think they rule the world because some of them really do believe it.

Sorry if it upsets you but that's life

Lighthouse

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 11:50:24 AM
Ah yes the smell of Nation bashing in the morning. Some of our best posters on this site are from over the seas in the Americas. Could we desist from bashing an entire Country because one player who we all know is amongst our best players. May or may not have been ill advised over his well deserved departure for different experiences.

I would like the fans from the States to hang around long after Clint goes. It doesn't help if we start slagging each other off.

If they love the club they will stay, if they are only along for the Dempsey ride then they are no great loss. I have an American couple of ST holders next to me and they are disgusted by Clints actions.

And I am just talking about my experiences with certain americans when I say that they think they rule the world because some of them really do believe it.

Um well no that isn't life. Neither did it upset me. Glad it is only CERTAIN Americans that think they rule the World. But the same can be said by any group of people. People are usually annoying.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

I find it odd they can be disgusted by Clints actions when none of us really know what they are.

I honestly cannot believe that someone who wishes to leave and go to another club would put himself in a position of refusing to play, i would not buy someone who refuses to play.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JBH

Quote from: alfie on August 20, 2012, 12:10:24 PM
I honestly cannot believe that someone who wishes to leave and go to another club would put himself in a position of refusing to play, i would not buy someone who refuses to play.

What Like Modric and Tevez you mean!

fulhamben

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 12:23:46 PM

you can add lescott to that list too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I find it odd they can be disgusted by Clints actions when none of us really know what they are.

Please explain Dempsey's absence from the pre-season tour, the friendlies and our first PL match of the season and why Jol and Sarah Brookes needed to give the club's side of the story in the pre-match video. Is it because Dempsey has a bruised toe?

BarryP

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 20, 2012, 12:36:58 PM
Please explain Dempsey's absence from the pre-season tour, the friendlies and our first PL match of the season and why Jol and Sarah Brookes needed to give the club's side of the story in the pre-match video. Is it because Dempsey has a bruised toe?   

Football is a business.  Dempsey's contract is an asset on the clubs books.  It is possible that a few things happened in Leipzig when Dempsey, apparently not for the first time, told Jol or the team that he wanted to the sold. 

1. It is possible that Dempsey asked not to be played to remove the risk of injury. 
2. It is possible the club decided that Dempsey should not be played to remove the risk of injury and preserve the marketability of their asset. 
3. It is possible the club and Dempsey came to a mutual agreement that he should not be played. 

Only the club, Dempsey and his agents are in a position to know and Dempsey's contract may actually bar him from speaking on the situation.  Once again, I am sure many will ignore the possibilities because it suits them to do so but that does not change that all of those stating with certainty what happened are ignoring that they really don't know.  If you want to believe the club and it is your opinion it to side with the club in all matters that is fine but I do try to keep in mind that while a player, any player, is under contract to Fulham they are a part of the club.  I took basically the same position with Mark Schwarzer and was quite happy to see him back in a Fulham shirt as I will be with Dempsey if it happens.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

mccscratch

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on August 20, 2012, 11:10:52 AM
Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 08:55:20 AM
The fact that it appeared on Fenway's website that Dempsey had signed for Liverpool can only mean that his agent and Clint himself believed that the deal would be done in this window, what theey filed to realise is that unlike in the USA where tapping up is deemed ok, it is not allowed in the EPL so they were forced to remove the posting.

This not only made Dempsey and his idiot of an agent look totally stupid but also embarressed Liverpool FC and they obviously wanted to distance themselves so filed to make any bid to FFC.

Basically like in so many things in history the Yanks screwed up but wont admit it because they  believe they are the rulers of the earth and can do what ever they please.

Bit unnecessary JBH ?  fp.gif

Not really, been out there about 20 times now (including visits when in Submatines) and a majority of them they really think the run the planet, in fact half of them don't even know there's a world outside of the land mass of North America.

Stay classy JBH....  starsnstripes
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

plo

The fact that it appeared on Fenway's website that Dempsey had signed for Liverpool can only mean that his agent and Clint himself believed that the deal would be done in this window, what theey filed to realise is that unlike in the USA where tapping up is deemed ok, it is not allowed in the EPL so they were forced to remove the posting.

This not only made Dempsey and his idiot of an agent look totally stupid but also embarressed Liverpool FC and they obviously wanted to distance themselves so filed to make any bid to FFC.

Basically like in so many things in history the Yanks screwed up but wont admit it because they  believe they are the rulers of the earth and can do what ever they please.

Yeah, let's just go ahead and blame this on the American Revolution, shall we?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: BarryP on August 20, 2012, 01:25:08 PM

Football is a business.  Dempsey's contract is an asset on the clubs books.  It is possible that a few things happened in Leipzig when Dempsey, apparently not for the first time, told Jol or the team that he wanted to the sold.  

1. It is possible that Dempsey asked not to be played to remove the risk of injury.  
2. It is possible the club decided that Dempsey should not be played to remove the risk of injury and preserve the marketability of their asset.  
3. It is possible the club and Dempsey came to a mutual agreement that he should not be played.  

Only the club, Dempsey and his agents are in a position to know and Dempsey's contract may actually bar him from speaking on the situation.  Once again, I am sure many will ignore the possibilities because it suits them to do so but that does not change that all of those stating with certainty what happened are ignoring that they really don't know.  If you want to believe the club and it is your opinion it to side with the club in all matters that is fine but I do try to keep in mind that while a player, any player, is under contract to Fulham they are a part of the club.  I took basically the same position with Mark Schwarzer and was quite happy to see him back in a Fulham shirt as I will be with Dempsey if it happens.

If you or I want to find a new job we still go in to work and do what we are paid to do.

Why do we have to keep making more and more complicated stories to justify Dempsey's position?

If either scenario 2 or 3 were true why wouldn't the club just say that? Putting the blame on Dempsey when they chose or agreed to not involve him would be terribly embarrassing when the truth came out.

alfie

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 12:23:46 PM

where have those players moved to?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LordNelson

Way to show your arse to the entire online world.  There are so many legitimate reasons to be disgruntled that adding to the irrationality is totally unnecessary.   096.gig
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

mccscratch

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 20, 2012, 01:53:53 PM
Quote from: BarryP on August 20, 2012, 01:25:08 PM

Football is a business.  Dempsey's contract is an asset on the clubs books.  It is possible that a few things happened in Leipzig when Dempsey, apparently not for the first time, told Jol or the team that he wanted to the sold.  

Only the club, Dempsey and his agents are in a position to know and Dempsey's contract may actually bar him from speaking on the situation.  Once again, I am sure many will ignore the possibilities because it suits them to do so but that does not change that all of those stating with certainty what happened are ignoring that they really don't know.  If you want to believe the club and it is your opinion it to side with the club in all matters that is fine but I do try to keep in mind that while a player, any player, is under contract to Fulham they are a part of the club.  I took basically the same position with Mark Schwarzer and was quite happy to see him back in a Fulham shirt as I will be with Dempsey if it happens.

If you or I want to find a new job we still go in to work and do what we are paid to do.

Why do we have to keep making more and more complicated stories to justify Dempsey's position?

If either scenario 2 or 3 were true why wouldn't the club just say that? Putting the blame on Dempsey when they chose or agreed to not involve him would be terribly embarrassing when the truth came out.

Then I guess it could great really embarrassing for the club.... So many people in the know here in America are saying that unequivocally Clint did not refuse to train or play but after the club knew he was probably going to transfer out they did not want him around the squad.

Clint was obviously told by his agent that Liverpool was going to purchase him (Liverpools ownerships group Fenway probably was working it all out) and he told the club as much... the club then said, well you are not going to train in Switzerland (bear in mind he was in Germany the entire time). Obviously it has blown up in Clint's face because Liverpool are dragging their feet or have changed their mind.

Brian McBride even was quoted on FSC here that in no way did Clint refuse to play, he had dinner with him last weekend and said there was a lot more to the story than what Jol said. Also the guy who has been proven time and time again to have good sources for all US national team players (Greg Seltzer) has said that exact same thing...

I am not defending Clint really.. I think he is fooling himself if he thinks Liverpool is a better situation for him as they will get nowhere near the Champions league but as we all know Martin half retracted his statement after the match... there is certainly more to this story than Clint saying, I ain't playing...

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on August 20, 2012, 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on August 20, 2012, 11:10:52 AM

Bit unnecessary JBH ?  fp.gif

Not really, been out there about 20 times now (including visits when in Submatines) and a majority of them they really think the run the planet, in fact half of them don't even know there's a world outside of the land mass of North America.

It's bigoted ignorance like this that makes me hope (a) that Dempsey goes right away, and (b) that no other American ever signs for Fulham.

Oh, Mr. JBH, nothing personal with the "bigoted ignorance" comment. I just thought it was necessary to make the point.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bmasar

All of this American bashing is ridiculous. I was in Seattle on vacation (from San Diego, Calif.) last week and went to a Sounders match (MLS). 55,000 fans for a mid-season match. Nearly all of them singing, nearly all of them wearing Sounders green, ZERO hooliganism, ZERO violence.

I'm positive now that American soccer fans are among the best fans of any sport in the world. All of the passion and dedication, none of the non-sense.

Berserker

I think just being a human opens the door big time to messing something up, don't have to be a certain nationality to do it. Also bring into the picture being a footballer and you can times the chance of a c up 100 times!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Terry Angus

Quote from: bmasar on August 21, 2012, 03:05:10 AM
All of this American bashing is ridiculous. I was in Seattle on vacation (from San Diego, Calif.) last week and went to a Sounders match (MLS). 55,000 fans for a mid-season match. Nearly all of them singing, nearly all of them wearing Sounders green, ZERO hooliganism, ZERO violence.

I'm positive now that American soccer fans are among the best fans of any sport in the world. All of the passion and dedication, none of the non-sense.

Basically like in so many things in history the Yanks screwed up but wont admit it because they  believe they are the rulers of the earth and can do what ever they please. Bit unnecessary JBH ?  face palm Not really, been out there about 20 times now and so on

LordNelson

Ya, what's a match without some blood spilt and brains bashed.  We should have some of that at the Cottage, otherwise it's not proper football.  If your country hasn't been banned from European football, then you're nothing.  More mayhem, more death threats please.   :bang head:  I wish we could all be more like Millwall.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Terry Angus

Quote from: LordNelson on August 26, 2012, 01:43:51 AM
Ya, what's a match without some blood spilt and brains bashed.  We should have some of that at the Cottage, otherwise it's not proper football.  If your country hasn't been banned from European football, then you're nothing.  More mayhem, more death threats please.   :bang head:  I wish we could all be more like Millwall.

as i was writing that i thought, i shouldn't post this bc some people are bound to completely miss the point, even with the parethesis i added after to try to make it clearer.

dear oh dear, being right all the time can be so boring sometimes.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 26, 2012, 01:47:03 AM
Quote from: LordNelson on August 26, 2012, 01:43:51 AM
Ya, what's a match without some blood spilt and brains bashed.  We should have some of that at the Cottage, otherwise it's not proper football.  If your country hasn't been banned from European football, then you're nothing.  More mayhem, more death threats please.   :bang head:  I wish we could all be more like Millwall.

as i was writing that i thought, i shouldn't post this bc some people are bound to completely miss the point, even with the parethesis i added after to try to make it clearer.

dear oh dear, being right all the time can be so boring sometimes.

Dude! You really don't get FOF, do you?   :airfix:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.