watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR buying defenders!

Started by JIMMY D, August 22, 2012, 10:01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

What do you all think about QPR latest signings in Dawson and Carlvalho? Talk about panic stations!

King_Crud

I think Dawson is a good player

JIMMY D

I like Dawson too. But they have so many defenders now. Bosingwa, Nelson, Fabio, Hill and poor mans rio! Plus more...

ffctom_b

Who cares, they still getting relegated!
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

grandad

West Ham have bid 10 mil for Jarvis. I thought they still owed Shef Utd 10 mil over the Tevez affair.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: King_Crud on August 22, 2012, 10:03:39 AM
I think Dawson is a good player

Donkey Dawson good, 064.gif 064.gif he is good for us, gives us penalties and gets sent off playing against us, £7.5 million? "your aving a laff"

MJG

Both good players when fit, but can't quire believe how much they are spending.
Don't think they would go down but going deep in the red that's for sure.

Airfix

Classic94

QPR's transfer policy makes no financial sense.

Soon, they will be stuck with a squad of thirty-somethings on excessive, long-term contracts. Dawson isn't bad but 7.5-9m? Green, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Park, Zamora and Johnson will be on packets, not forgetting Wright-Phillips, Taarabt, Dyer etc? They appear to be throwing money at 'name' players with no care for sustainability.

Nevertheless, it will take months for the team to gel, as proven on Saturday. They may not be relegated but I can't envisage Hughes seeing this one through.

MJG

Anyone missing Hughes now?
If he left because we would not let him do this, them well done the club for not giving in to his wish to play with the future of our club.

Captain Peacock

If I was a QPR fan now I would actually be very very worried.
What is happening there is absolute financial bonkers. That chairman has a personal wealth of around $400m according to Wikipedia (I know not the most reliable source but gives an indication compared to Fayed's $1.5b). I know Mittel is there as well but how much does he actually put in over the years?

The squad is huge with mainly all 30 somethings offering little resale value and a stadium that holds 18k!!

Crazy!

Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

Scrumpy

Quote from: Captain Peacock on August 22, 2012, 10:59:47 AM
If I was a QPR fan now I would actually be very very worried.
What is happening there is absolute financial bonkers. That chairman has a personal wealth of around $400m according to Wikipedia (I know not the most reliable source but gives an indication compared to Fayed's $1.5b). I know Mittel is there as well but how much does he actually put in over the years?

The squad is huge with mainly all 30 somethings offering little resale value and a stadium that holds 18k!!

Crazy!

:clap_hands: Agree entirely.

I think they will stay up, but I don't think Sparky will stick around to be honest. I can see a league finish of about 15th, with a wage bill of about 6th, and an average crowd of about 19th. THIS DOES NOT ADD UP IN THE LONG RUN. I will bide my time and have a good chuckle when it all goes tits up!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

elgreenio

let's hope the financial fair play gets them. Ridiculous strategy
touch my camera through the fence

Ordar

Quote from: elgreenio on August 22, 2012, 11:25:47 AM
let's hope the financial fair play gets them. Ridiculous strategy

This only applies to be able to play in Europe. And QPHA will never have to worry about that!

On topic, Dawson is chronically injured, but half decent. I would be surprised if he agreed terms. He was only made Spurs' club captain a couple weeks ago.

Carvalho was slow 3 years ago, so he must be positively pedestrian now!

earlbeatty

Quite scary to think that this could have been us!!

Let's stick with Martin - reckon he'll keep us on an even keel and get us that Wembley appearance!!

EB

cebu

Ooh, let's make that 2 Wembley appearances - FA cup semi AND the final!

Rhys Lightning 63

I also rate Dawson as a good player, but is he really worth £10m, that's roughly what Liverpool re wanting for Dempsey and there's no way that Dempsey is as bad as Dawson
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

ffcitaly

Quote from: MJG on August 22, 2012, 10:48:36 AM
Anyone missing Hughes now?
If he left because we would not let him do this, them well done the club for not giving in to his wish to play with the future of our club.

well said. 082.gif

Basil

I enjoyed this tweet on the BBC sport website;

"QPR seem to be assembling a pretty stellar line-up for the start of the 2005-06 season."

ToodlesMcToot

QPR are gauranteeing themselves huge problems for the 2013 season, when FFP rules take effect.

Where's the revenue going to come from to justify all these players' salaries?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude