https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey. Please Don't Lock Me.

Started by TonyGilroy, August 23, 2012, 08:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 24, 2012, 12:48:23 AM
Quote from: Yellow Jacket on August 24, 2012, 12:42:20 AM
I think that people are getting oversensitive to Dempsey without all of the facts and they will just call him the Spawn of Satan. It's natural but nevertheless annoying. I am opting for the "wait and see" approach. This literally is an iceberg and I'm only seeing the surface.

in my defence i've never liked dempsey as much as others, except perhaps when he accidentally scored with that cross against juventus. that said, i'm genuinely intrigued as to how this will pan out and agree, we should wait.

btw, sorry, but if that wasn't your first post i'd also criticise the criminal abuse of the word 'literally'!

The Scottish cattle would like to formally take their name back because they do not feel that you are intelligent enough to represent them...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on August 24, 2012, 03:17:04 AM
Quote from: BarryP on August 24, 2012, 03:04:33 AM
I think that people are getting oversensitive to Dempsey without all of the facts and they will just call him the Spawn of Satan. It's natural but nevertheless annoying. I am opting for the "wait and see" approach. This literally is an iceberg and I'm only seeing the surface.

in my defence i've never liked dempsey as much as others, except perhaps when he accidentally scored with that cross against juventus. that said, i'm genuinely intrigued as to how this will pan out and agree, we should wait.

btw, sorry, but if that wasn't your first post i'd also criticise the criminal abuse of the word 'literally'!

Welcome to the board Yellow Jacket and I agree with your sentiment even if your iceberg is figurative and Terry literally did offer you criticism.
To be honest, I'm a long time lurker (and Fulham fan of course) and I wanted to stay that way but this situation and the maddening drivel posted by a few users has really just dumbfounded me and I wanted to just say my small piece.

Welcome on board yellow jacket..

How long have you been lurking before revealing your small piece?

Berserker

As i'm a moderate mod i'm taking it that all the comment's about cows, pieces and literal phrases are just friendly joshing...mmm. Anyhow welcome to our new poster who i hope won't be put off from contributing  by cheeky comments from you other guys
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on August 24, 2012, 08:12:25 AM

Welcome to the board Yellow Jacket and I agree with your sentiment even if your iceberg is figurative and Terry literally did offer you criticism.
To be honest, I'm a long time lurker (and Fulham fan of course) and I wanted to stay that way but this situation and the maddening drivel posted by a few users has really just dumbfounded me and I wanted to just say my small piece.

Over a year and I was lurking on Cottage Corner but they clearly showed to me that it was a farce so I stopped visiting.

MJG

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on August 24, 2012, 01:44:35 AM
Moving on, perhaps, if this sorry matter progresses to a club actually being interested in bidding for and signing yonder Texan (Dempsey not HatterDon) to Fulham's and the player's satisfaction, I wonder if the sometimes player will demand a loyalty payment?
On the flip side he fails to get his move and signs an extension with a massive pay rise. We have seen that before.

LRCN

Quote from: mccscratch on August 24, 2012, 06:38:32 AM

The Scottish cattle would like to formally take their name back because they do not feel that you are intelligent enough to represent them...

careful

SKSW6

Oh dear, you know who Terry Angus is/was, right?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Yellow Jacket on August 24, 2012, 08:58:18 AM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on August 24, 2012, 08:12:25 AM

Over a year and I was lurking on Cottage Corner but they clearly showed to me that it was a farce so I stopped visiting.

No need to lurk anymore.  You will find this messageboard far more relaxed than the old Cottage Corner. I myself an wearing carpet slippers...

Lighthouse

Nurse somebody has taken my carpet slippers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2012, 09:45:34 AM

And very comfy they are too.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Ag

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 24, 2012, 09:35:09 AM

Yes, he's a muppet.

QuoteTerry Angus (b. 1962) is a Canadian puppeteer who played several characters on Fraggle Rock and background Muppets in other productions. He also worked on several of the Master Replicas Muppet photo puppets.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Terry_Angus

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Were your wood floor slippers then  :022:

Bokonon

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 24, 2012, 01:04:05 AM
Quote from: Bokonon on August 23, 2012, 01:11:41 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 23, 2012, 11:33:23 AM
By the way he falls down a lot.

Oh no you didn't!

--

As I've seen at other forums, I think the mods should just create or designate a thread as the "Endless Dempsey Speculation" thread, and lock all other threads about Dempsey until everything is settled.

Mods still get to get their lock on, some posters have a place to indulge their inner-Charybdis, and the rest can easily avoid the topic, like Romney and his taxes.

Or Obama and his real estate deals.
Sorry Mods, I know no religion or politics but a cheap shot deserves a cheap shot.  :Get Coat gif:

Fair play to you.

Lighthouse

Quote from: KCat on August 24, 2012, 12:43:40 PM

Were your wood floor slippers then  :022:

They give me splinters
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I had to stop wearing my smoking jacket as it kept setting the detectors off...

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Ag on August 24, 2012, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: SKSW6 on August 24, 2012, 09:35:09 AM

Yes, he's a muppet.

QuoteTerry Angus (b. 1962) is a Canadian puppeteer who played several characters on Fraggle Rock and background Muppets in other productions. He also worked on several of the Master Replicas Muppet photo puppets.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Terry_Angus

oh dear...

Terry Angus

how dare you