watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jols contract situation?...

Started by General, August 28, 2012, 02:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

He's only contracted with us till the end of the season... need to tie him down.

Getting worried about how many times we let big players or even our manager to get to such a low amount of time left on their contract.

zzamora

There is a extra year clause in there.

BalDrick

There does seem to be a lot of coolness towards contracts being close to expiry doesn't there?

With regard Jol, his actions and words do not strike me as those of a man looking to leave at all.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FFC1987

Personally, I think Jol is happy and currently in his element. He comes across as a man who likes to set out long term objectives and isn't into short term solutions unless his hand is forced. I think he's currently doing what he wish he could have done for spurs, build a good youth arena and build upon that with a club who would support him in this vision and not judge him if he finishes one place off champions league.

Maybe I'm wrong but Jol seems happy and I think if the funding and youth progression carries on, he will stay. Lets just hope we don't start selling key assets to his plans and upset him.

sipwell

What I believe Jol finds appealing is
a) the absence of a necessity to 'win' something (why he was sacked at Tottenham and why he initially quit his job in Hamburg, a job he now claims he should have never left);
b) a fairly competitive team with a lot of talent which he can still develop;
c) London.

He made the mistake once to go from a club he really, really liked (Hamburg) and play competitive (Tottenham) only to be sacked. He is now at a club he presumably likes and will not make that mistake again!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

HatterDon

I may be wrong about this, but I thought that Roy and Hughes had one-year rolling contracts. This is the same deal that Jol has, so I'm not sure what the concern is all about. Managers that don't leave for greener pastures get fired anyhow, so why not look out for themselves. A one-year rolling contract allows for either to happen without too much financial impact.

Jol is going sooner or later; I'm hoping for later.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

zzamora

Quote from: HatterDon on August 28, 2012, 03:12:02 PM
I may be wrong about this, but I thought that Roy and Hughes had one-year rolling contracts. This is the same deal that Jol has, so I'm not sure what the concern is all about. Managers that don't leave for greener pastures get fired anyhow, so why not look out for themselves. A one-year rolling contract allows for either to happen without too much financial impact.

I'm pretty sure we've gave both Hughes and Jol permanent deals, not rolling ones. Hughes a 2 year deal and Jol a 2 year with an option for a third

FulhamMic

2 year deal with the option of a third, in the club's favour.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2011/june/07/martin-jol-appointed-manager

General

Hope we manage to sign up Demebele on a longer contract, Petric, Hangeland, Diarra etc etc... Really want to see the club pushing on.

Also, does anyone know when the renovations and redevelopment of the riverside stand takes place?

George G

I posted something similar a while back. I am worried too, good to hear he has the option of an extra year. I think the job he has done already warrants a long term deal. Hopefully he will be at the club for at least another 3 years so his plan is well and truly in place. We defo need to get it sorted during this season so we don't have a situation where the club and manager are discussing terms next summer.  
Keep calm, think of Fulham FC

Senior Supporter

Quote from: ddeuce on August 28, 2012, 03:13:04 PM

I'm pretty sure we've gave both Hughes and Jol permanent deals, not rolling ones. Hughes a 2 year deal and Jol a 2 year with an option for a third

Wasn't Hughes' a one year contract with an option of a second? Hence he was able to walk away without breaking his contract.

FFC1987

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 28, 2012, 03:56:48 PM

Wasn't Hughes' a one year contract with an option of a second? Hence he was able to walk away without breaking his contract.

Thats correct.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 28, 2012, 04:18:22 PM

Thats correct.

It wasnt an option in that sense - he had a day where he could cancel his contract and walk away with no problem. This was subsequently activated and he left for free, probably hoping to get the Villa job.

FFC1987

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 28, 2012, 04:20:20 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 28, 2012, 04:18:22 PM

Thats correct.

It wasnt an option in that sense - he had a day where he could cancel his contract and walk away with no problem. This was subsequently activated and he left for free, probably hoping to get the Villa job.

Or with Kia in his ear, the Bayern one!