News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Presumably Fulham can still pull the plug on the Dembele deal?...

Started by General, August 29, 2012, 11:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I know he has a clause for £15 million, but if that's met and we can't find anyone to replace him, presumable we're not obligated to complete the deal?

If we had to because the clause had been met, I'd be fuming as that would be the most retarded thing ever.

Also - one last thing - Do we think this is going to be paid in installments or is it going to be paid all in? Would installments mean that we'd still be hindered with the amount of money available for transfers!? Would that explain why we're going for loving Kieran Richardson and Mark Noble who're a backwards step?

Jack Fulham

If he has a buy out clause it is out of our hands. It's down to Mousa now.

Anyone we sign to replace Dembele will be a backward step :54:

epsomraver

Don't mention the dodgy ankle that got stamped on twice when you see the Doc Mousse :005:

TonyGilroy

See the contract and run it past more expensive lawyers than me and you will then have an idea as to what the clubs options are/were.

These documents are complicated and negotiated by savvy people on both sides.

FulhamMic

A release clause is so-called for a reason!

The trick is to make them high enough that no one will entertain them, much like they do in Spain. However, Dembele has always seen us a stepping stone (didn't he even say as much in his first interview?) so his agent will have negotiated a fee that satisfied both parties, hence £15m.

Rupert

Quote from: General on August 29, 2012, 11:53:00 AM

I know he has a clause for £15 million, but if that's met and we can't find anyone to replace him, presumable we're not obligated to complete the deal?

If we had to because the clause had been met, I'd be fuming as that would be the most retarded thing ever.

While I can appreciate the sentiment that must have gone into making this post, I hope you can see, on reflection, that refusing to honour an agreement to sell someone when the release clause is met would simply guarantee that the next Moussa Dembele that we attempted to sign would laugh at our approach and go, instead, to somebody else who would be willing to keep their word.

Moussa is not a Fulham supporter, he has given us honourable service, for a lavish reward, he now has the chance to move on to greater wealth with another employer, and Fulham FC gets the chance to make triple the money we paid for him, and maybe unearth another diamond or two with that profit.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Rupert on August 29, 2012, 03:11:25 PM
Quote from: General on August 29, 2012, 11:53:00 AM

While I can appreciate the sentiment that must have gone into making this post, I hope you can see, on reflection, that refusing to honour an agreement to sell someone when the release clause is met would simply guarantee that the next Moussa Dembele that we attempted to sign would laugh at our approach and go, instead, to somebody else who would be willing to keep their word.

Moussa is not a Fulham supporter, he has given us honourable service, for a lavish reward, he now has the chance to move on to greater wealth with another employer, and Fulham FC gets the chance to make triple the money we paid for him, and maybe unearth another diamond or two with that profit.
Spot on, again you have to ask why join Spurs then? They have proved they will make it nigh on impossible for a player to leave the club buy asking silly money while paying well under the going rate for wages for quality players.  

sipwell

15 million pounds for a player with one year left on his contract. I don't think that is a bad deal. Sad, yes. Bad, no.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Rupert

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 29, 2012, 03:28:18 PM

Spot on, again you have to ask why join Spurs then? They have proved they will make it nigh on impossible for a player to leave the club buy asking silly money while paying well under the going rate for wages for quality players.  

That, I am happy to say, is now Moussa's (and his agent's) problem, though I imagine they read the smallprint pretty carefully before signing.

Mind you, if his fee is anywhere remotely close to the £20million plus that I have seen quoted, his wages won't leave him a pauper, so I am unlikely to feel sorry for him if it does not work out the way he hopes for.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

Quote from: sipwell on August 29, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
15 million pounds for a player with one year left on his contract. I don't think that is a bad deal. Sad, yes. Bad, no.

Sums it up well...