News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham finally announce the move Danny Hoesen has made to Ajax, but with one ...

Started by General, August 29, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

interesting bit added in.

Hoesen Joins Ajax

Wednesday 29 August 2012 15:00

The Club can confirm that striker Danny Hoesen has joined AFC Ajax for an undisclosed fee, although Fulham retains a 30% interest in the player.
The Dutchman joined the Club in August 2008 and spent last season on loan at Fortuna Sittard.

We would like to thank Danny for his efforts during his time at Fulham and we wish him the best of luck in Amsterdam.

Any idea what having a 30% interest means? Also, why did we sell him if we wanted to keep an interest in him? He's obviously highly thought of, so why did we let him go?

Aaron

ClarksOriginal

30% of his sell on I'd imagine.

However, we could have sold 70% of his right to Ajax, whereby we retain 30% which they can buy of us at a later date. Failing that, should he move on the next club who buys him must pay Fulham 30% of/on top of any potential fee.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

twang

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 29, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

However, we could have sold 70% of his right to Ajax, whereby we retain 30% which they can buy of us at a later date. Failing that, should he move on the next club who buys him must pay Fulham 30% of/on top of any potential fee.

I thought the latter, which is common in Italy, is not allowed in English football?

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: twang on August 29, 2012, 05:07:25 PM
Quote from: ClarksOriginal on August 29, 2012, 05:05:17 PM

I thought the latter, which is common in Italy, is not allowed in English football?

I thought the same, unless the Dutch FA have ratified the deal with UEFA clearance. I ahven't looked into it, but perhaps it could mean that this type of deal is forbidden for incoming players and not outgoing.

The same happened with Kevin Prince-Boateng's departure from Portsmouth to Genoa/AC Milan.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

LRCN

HatterDon

Quote from: ~lork on August 29, 2012, 07:18:07 PM
percentage sell on clauses are nothing new.

perhaps, but it's still a sleazy situation. Does it happen in any other field than sport?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2012, 08:01:14 PM

perhaps, but it's still a sleazy situation. Does it happen in any other field than sport?

Doesn't it help the little guy, though?

Tiny club sells start to small club and small club sells to Man Utd and tiny club gets a windfall, that kind of thing?

hopper

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 29, 2012, 08:44:06 PM

Tiny club sells start to small club and small club sells to Man Utd and tiny club gets a windfall, that kind of thing?

yepp, everybody is happy that way.

interesting move, seemed to make no impression to get near enough to first team - so why do Ajax want him?!

VicHalomsLovechild

Knowing our luck we'll end up having to pay someone to take our 30% when he gets sold on  :011:

HatterDon

Quote from: ImperialWhite on August 29, 2012, 08:44:06 PM

So, you're saying that Ajax is the small club and we're the tiny club in this instance?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel