News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Consider this scenario - would it be so bad?

Started by Cuse in Kampuchea, August 30, 2012, 04:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuse in Kampuchea

OK, so it obviously been a disappointing 48 hours supporting FFC, but I remain optimistic, and these are the reasons why;

1. We got 15,000,000 GBP for Dembele. Its a large amount of money and in one fell swoop we have paid off half of the new stand.
2. Liverpool have to sell before they buy.Clint will stay in my opinion, and be rehabilitated into the team. We don't need the cash for him so desperately now, (see point 1). He comes back, he has to have an absolutely massive season to have a big club come calling for him next year. He will be 30 by then.
3. We sign Noble and/or Richardson, decent squad players who will do a job. Noble is still young.
4. We sign Berbatov. Whatever people say of him, this guy is absolutely class, and he seems pretty grounded, no doubt Juve would have paid more, but he wants to remain in the UK for his family. He was never very fast, so we could get 4 excellent years out of him. He has scored goals wherever he has been and played under Jol very succesfully.

If these 4 things happened, I can't subscribe to the doom and gloom! Out of the 11 who started against Norwich, we still have 10 of those players on our books. We won 5-0.

COYWS

TonyGilroy

The doom and gloom is because we don't know how this will pan out.

I assume that the club were unable to keep Dembele and I'm sure they're doing their damndest to bring players in but no one has been confirmed as yet.

I'd be excited by Berbatov and pleased with Richardson but we absolutely must have a central midfielder capable of being a regular starter. Tom Huddlestone is my hunch maybe on a seasons loan.

If all that happened I'd be happy.

Dempsey, I suspect, will go to a Stoke, Reading or West Ham type club on a seasons loan and we'll all be left wondering why. I can't see him getting his big club move or settling down with us. I'd be delighted if he could.

Burt

Just out of interest, what was the mood on this board like after our first match of the season?

Being away I missed it. But it wasn't that far away, and I am sure that it was upbeat and positive, despite the knowledge that Clint and Moussa were unlikely to figure.

The mood swings shown would be something my mother in law would be deeply proud of  :dft011:

Keep the faith y'all. We have lost good players in the past, and got through that. Jol is no mug and knows what he is doing.

nevzter

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 30, 2012, 07:30:30 AM

Dempsey, I suspect, will go to a Stoke, Reading or West Ham type club on a seasons loan and we'll all be left wondering why. I can't see him getting his big club move or settling down with us. I'd be delighted if he could.

Ahh, FFS.   Tony, nothing wrong with this opinion...it simply saddens me.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sipwell

Quote from: Burt on August 30, 2012, 07:42:09 AM
Just out of interest, what was the mood on this board like after our first match of the season?

We were all in absolute despair. Being top of the league brings a lot of pressure.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

elgreenio

we were all giving an immense amount of praise for a central midfielder, but the one who's still here
touch my camera through the fence

Northern Cottager

Berbatov would give Petric a hand up front and hopefully get into double figures for goals. As for Richardson i'd be pleased to add some more pace to the squad. Charlie Adam, given a few games under his belt could be the type of midfielder we need to try and steady things up.

Dempsey won't go anywhere I don't think but how much of a part he plays is a different story, if he doesnt go permanently and is still not in our squad i think that will alert clubs for the loan deal. I hope he issues an enormous apology, plays his arse off for the rest of the season and sorts a contract out pledging he wants to be the future Fulham manager and see out his career here :p Unlikely I know.

mikie

Adam does not want to play for Fulham like Dempsey. FACT...

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Mr Fulham

I very much think Dempsey will be offloaded to either Arsenal (apparently they're back in), Liverpool, Everton or Sunderland.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel