watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Richardson confirmed!

Started by ffcbulgaria, August 31, 2012, 11:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcbulgaria

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Kieran Richardson from Sunderland on a three-year deal, with an additional year's option, for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old midfielder made 149 appearances for the Black Cats after signing from Manchester United in 2007 shortly after lifting the Premier League trophy.

Richardson, born in Greenwich, London, has eight international caps and scored two goals on his England debut in a 2-1 win against the USA in 2005.

Speaking at Fulham's Motspur Park Training Ground on Friday morning, Richardson said: "I'm delighted that my transfer to Fulham has been completed and now I'm eager to start training for my new club straight away and pulling on the white shirt for the first time."

Fulham Manager Martin Jol added: "Kieran is a proven top-level player, who has the versatility to play a number of positions. He will bring all-round quality which will add strength to our squad and I'm confident that he will adapt well to our style of football, and make an impact for us."

Able to play on the wing and in central midfield, Richardson can also operate at left-back or as a second striker.

The star's career began as a youngster at West Ham United, before Manchester United stepped in to seal a move to Old Trafford.

He made 81 appearances in almost five years with the Red Devils, winning the League Cup in 2006 and the Premier League title in 2007. He also enjoyed a successful loan spell at West Bromwich Albion in 2005, scoring three goals in 12 games as the Baggies avoid relegation by the skin of their teeth.

Richardson joined Sunderland in July 2007 for an undisclosed fee following their return to the top flight.

Northern Cottager

Yarden

So he is comfirmed, but still nothing on Berbatov. I smell disaster fp.gif

alexbishop

Player left back, left mid or left wing. Fulham say he can also play as a second striker but have never seen him play there...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Ordar

Very happy with Richardson. Very versatile. Will shore up our left side. According to the Sunderland fans he has a fantastic attitude.  

Boggers

Welcome to the family Kieran, you're gonna love it here   098.gif
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

KiwiWhite

not my favorite player but lets hope things get better during the day

General

I think his versatility is his biggest attribute. He's obviously not a "key player", but the fact he is experienced and accomplished in several positions will see him get enough game time at the club. LB, LM, CM, AM and RM isn't exactly a bad list for one player to take up.

That said he's a long way off from the calibre we have signed most recently, with most players that have come through our doors being experienced in Europe and having been a key player for a title winning side.

I know he's won a title but he's also been in his fair share of relegation battles - he and Rodallega hint to me a bit of the old (unsuccessful/struggling) Fulham if i'm being honest - buying tried and tested and hoping character will prevail. This, I would imagine is a relatively big move for him.