News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham United V Fulham Match Thread 01/09/12 Berba on Bench, Richardson starts

Started by os5889, September 01, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Where have you gone Danny Murphy-o, Fulham turns its lonely eyes to you, wooo hooo hooo
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

craig10

our positional sense is awful.... again i dont want to keep pointing the finger but sidwell is the main one

Berba and Rodders look decent up top WHEN they get the ball... but i have to applaud the way west ham are playing - little ankle biters everytime one of our players gets the ball and AGAIN the likes of Sidwell need 5 minutes to be able to see a pass

SaltfordWhite

Willard

Well, we are really a team in transition on the evidence of this performance.

I choose to be optimistic: The only way is up.

supersimmo123

Reo-Coker is now a must on a free... Just something in midfield! anything.. sod it ill get my boots on!

CincyFulham1

Quote from: LordNelson on September 01, 2012, 02:28:13 PM
Where have you gone Danny Murphy-o, Fulham turns its lonely eyes to you, wooo hooo hooo

What's that you say Danny Murphy-o Marteen Jol wasn't going to let you stay and play  Hey, Hey, hey

LordNelson

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 01, 2012, 02:31:32 PM
Quote from: LordNelson on September 01, 2012, 02:28:13 PM

What's that you say Danny Murphy-o Marteen Jol wasn't going to let you stay and play  Hey, Hey, hey

:011:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

RidgeRider

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 01, 2012, 02:24:05 PM
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP IT.  I'm trying to be angry and your common sense is harshing by anger buzz

Sorry  :dft012:

Be angry for today but we'll be fine. We have quality and it will just take some time to get reorganized and getting the all the new faces to play well together.

craig10

i actually have some plus points but u may not agree...

i think Berba and Kaka looked good since coming on and Duff has looked alright in all 3 games
i also think Rodellga 2nd half has been really good - look forward to seeing him DOWN THE MIDDLE with Berba some more this season

Willard

I did not get much of an impression of Brede performing as a captain. Maybe I'm used to Murphy's obvious shouting and pointing but I saw more pointing from Berbatov today.

Just another thing that was lacking.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 01, 2012, 02:34:28 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on September 01, 2012, 02:24:05 PM
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP IT.  I'm trying to be angry and your common sense is harshing by anger buzz

Sorry  :dft012:

Be angry for today but we'll be fine. We have quality and it will just take some time to get reorganized and getting the all the new faces to play well together.

I know I'm already over it. Can't help but think that the international break is coming at the right time.

LordNelson

If we can get the CM situation sorted out, we've got the firepower up front.  Berbatov looks impressive.

the nutflush

We committed 5 fouls.  Shows a complete lack of heart.  A totally gutless performance.

Adam87

Snibbo

Quote from: Willard on September 01, 2012, 02:35:59 PM
I did not get much of an impression of Brede performing as a captain. Maybe I'm used to Murphy's obvious shouting and pointing but I saw more pointing from Berbatov today.

Just another thing that was lacking.
I agree. Always been a bit doubtful about his captaincy. He hasn't played well this season, and he doesn't seem very vocal.  I think Diarra might be a better option. The captaincy seems to way heavy on Brede.

Ordar

Rodallega played well today. No idea why people are criticising him. Seemed to have the makings of a decent partnership with Berbatov, who looked good when he came on. Not sure where Ruiz fits into the line up. Would be very harsh to drop Rodallega.

We created very little as we were playing far too narrow as normal. Sidwell I'm afraid just isnt equipped to play this system. I'd put Baird in there. I dont think Richardson was a) match fit and b) understood what was required of him. Which is totally understandable having only signed yesterday.

Defensively we looked terrible. Hangeland needs to sort himself out, and Stockdale deserves a chance in goal. How I wish we'd got Stekelenburg.

Lighthouse

Well a better second half but only becaue Carroll went off and we were under less pressure, It is up to Jol to work round the problems that are there. It has been like a punch in the stomach this last week. But we do look ok if we can get the ball to the last third. Rodders and Berbatov look good together. But oh how we miss a midfielder who can damage the opposition.

Still a seaSon that not going down seems our best hope. We really should stop thinking ridding our selves of such good players can ever be anything but a disaster. One day we will learn why so many players wanted out and we were unable to replace them.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

craig10

Brede - if he was a boxer he would be Audley Harrison - well built but looks scared and easily bullied when challenged

craig10

Quote from: Ordar on September 01, 2012, 02:42:12 PM
Rodallega played well today. No idea why people are criticising him. Seemed to have the makings of a decent partnership with Berbatov, who looked good when he came on. Not sure where Ruiz fits into the line up. Would be very harsh to drop Rodallega.

We created very little as we were playing far too narrow as normal. Sidwell I'm afraid just isnt equipped to play this system. I'd put Baird in there. I dont think Richardson was a) match fit and b) understood what was required of him. Which is totally understandable having only signed yesterday.

Defensively we looked terrible. Hangeland needs to sort himself out, and Stockdale deserves a chance in goal. How I wish we'd got Stekelenburg.

AGREE 100% mate.......