News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Ham United V Fulham Match Thread 01/09/12 Berba on Bench, Richardson starts

Started by os5889, September 01, 2012, 11:50:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bronsons

We had new players in new positions and no time for them to train together. And we never get anything at West Ham. There'll be time to panic if we play as badly as in the first half in two weeks' time.

grandad

We must play Kaca Berb & Rodders. Sidwell is hopeless. Diarra was our best player but can´t do it on his own. Our 2 full backs were penned back in our own half. Lots of work to be done over the next 2 weeks.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

I am going to do my best to pretend this never happened. 2 weeks ago we looked great and today we were bloody awful. Richardson and Sidwell are useless. Bring in Kaka, Frei and Ruiz and hopefully this nightmare is over

St Eve

What was really missing today was a playmaker like say Dembele or Murphy

TonyGilroy

Let's not forget the many away days we've had like this with Murphy, Dembele and Dempsey all playing.

It's a good time for a two week break for Jol to work out how we play with what we have.

And the Board have four months to consider lessons to be learned for future transfer windows.

WolverineFFC

I watched all 90 mns and still can't figure out what formation FFC were in. They didn't seem to be in any organized shape at all. As if 11 guys just showed up to play a Sat morning game of pick up.

Watching Sidwell in place of Dembele in the midfield is going to be rough. Feels kind of like I just traded in my lamborghini and left the lot in a minivan...

craig10

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 01, 2012, 02:57:53 PM
I watched all 90 mns and still can't figure out what formation FFC were in. They didn't seem to be in any organized shape at all. As if 11 guys just showed up to play a Sat morning game of pick up.

Watching Sidwell in place of Dembele in the midfield is going to be rough. Feels kind of like I just traded in my lamborghini and left the lot in a minivan...

1st half positionaly we were awful 2nd half the 4-4-2 looked alot better however Sidwell would attack when we were defending which was strange to say the least

alexbishop

That's Jol's system though. The Dutch way is all about interchanging positions and changing formation though the game. We were 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 all at some point during the game.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

tslyon

While not our greatest showing, let's wait and see what we look like in a couple of weeks.  We have a new team that needs to get to know one another.  We lost some good players and brought in others.  We will find our way.  Might not be the season we want, but we're going to be fine...

Jem

Result not that bad. The first time I went to Upton Park we were beaten 7 - 2. Oh what a long journey home that was!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Jem on September 01, 2012, 03:03:28 PM
Result not that bad. The first time I went to Upton Park we were beaten 7 - 2. Oh what a long journey home that was!

We always lost big when Bobby Drake played. Didn't we score first?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: alexbishop on September 01, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

That's Jol's system though. The Dutch way is all about interchanging positions and changing formation though the game. We were 4-5-1, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 all at some point during the game.

Oh, I get that. My point was more that the team itself had no cohesion in how they set up. Half the team may have been in a 4-4-2 form, but the other half might have been holding a 4-3-3. Up and down the pitch it didn't seem like all 11 players were on the same page.

itombomb

Quote from: WolverineFFC on September 01, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on September 01, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

Oh, I get that. My point was more that the team itself had no cohesion in how they set up. Half the team may have been in a 4-4-2 form, but the other half might have been holding a 4-3-3. Up and down the pitch it didn't seem like all 11 players were on the same page.
I agree with you entirely, it was nominally a 4-3-3, but executed really badly, Richardson would frequently vacate the left of midfield and no one would drop in. Rodellega couldn't stop standing right on their RB completely out of the game.

It was so imbalanced. Particularly as we only have one CM of any real quality and Jol decided to play 3 of them.