watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shall we be contraversial?

Started by Peabody, September 02, 2012, 04:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

According to some of you, the Fulham buying team let us down badly. They failed to get us a CM, they were taken by surprise when Moussa went, they messed up the paperwork when trying to sign another two players, in other words, they were totally inefficient and downright amateurish. In fact they should have seen that Moussa's buy-out clause was too low and renegotiated a new one and then instructed Moussa's agent to not tell Spurs.

All of this conjecture assumes that Fulham and its management do not know what we require, whereas the 'experts' on here and in other places do. It is assumed that we on messageboards are much better at the job than the present encumbants and certainly, quite a lot of you could do a far better job than either Martin Jol or Mr McIntosh.

Of course, you are only expressing your opinions, just as I am

The thing is, every year we have this, one does'nt think that this Manager is up to it, we should have signed this player, we are doomed and are going to be relegated and then, when this or that Manager and players turn it around, you all hibernate until the following August/September and it starts all over again.

One day we will fall through the trap door, when? I do not know but please please, lets support our team. After all, we survived Laurie Sanchez did'nt we?

alexbishop

Haha that's why we're here on forums chatting about it and not running football clubs. We don't really know what were talking about, none of us have any knowledge of the internal workings of the club, we can only base our opinions on what the club release and rumours generated by the press, none of which reflects an accurate picture of what's going on.

Always fun to speculate I guess but as you say, let's not go too OTT and back the club.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Burt

Good post as ever Mr Peabody sir.

Keep the faith... Back the boys.

COYW

ToodlesMcToot

My only true complaint is that we are very thin with natural CMs. It's unnerving to think what we'd do if Diarra were to go down for an extended period.

We're definitely in for more upheaval in the very near future as the spine of our team continues to change.

What's interesting to me is that we finally seem a bit settled with a manager for once and now we've begun to tear down and rebuild the team. Lots of uncertainty and fear for the fans. We'll have our highs and lows and likely finish lower in the table than the target set out by the fans, but we'll survive and be better positioned to climb the table again next season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

jarv

Any 3 of the bottom 14 can go down. Early season nerves, because we all want to see the number of points reach 40 by February. The sooner the better.

Steven Ageroad

Even the experts get the paperwork wrong.

Regarding Spurs attempt to sign Moutinho from Porto.Firstly they couldn't agree personal terms and when they did, Porto increased the purchase price 25%. Levy increased the price but not what Porto wanted, but a deal was struck, only for quote "Contractual documents provided to the Premier League contained errors that could not be rectified in time to complete the transfer"!!

How do Spurs feel?

jazz hardrockin

What are you talking about in this tread?????  :022:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Jack Fulham

Messing up the paperwork isn't always our fault. You have to get agreement from agent, player and both clubs who's demands can always change during negotiations. This makes last day transfers very difficult.

TonyGilroy

It's a completely ludicrous system.

If we have to have a transfer window it should close a week before the season starts with perhaps a 48 hour period to complete deals which clubs have notified to the FA as possibles or pending.

The pressure on clubs on deadline day must make rational negotiation impossible.

MJG

But a week before which league starting? French, Spanish, italian, German or English?

TonyGilroy

I don't see why the same window has to apply in each country.

If ours closes on, say, 1st August, then our clubs can't buy or sell after that date. What others do is up to them.

Fernhurst

Great Post Mr P

It is with some interest but mostly boredom I read the tactical blathering of the FIFA 2012 trained group of posters on here,

In a long career in business I often visited large organisations where the personnel on site would often feel confident enough to put forward their "take" on how the business should operate when in practice they did not have a scoobies.

It is apparent however Jol will need to earn his salary over the coming months and we need to assist by getting behind the team.

COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RidgeRider

MasterHaynes

Sometimes problem with documents is put out to let everyone claim what they will. It may mean failed medical - e.g. Bastos, all clubs interested pulled out, now his agent is touting him to play in the UAE.

Mr P hits the nail on head, Jol is in for the long haul and he knows what he is trying to build, he is open, straightforward and not panicking and has full support of the players and the club, can't want for more. Reminds me a little of 'Gentleman' Alec Stock.

Just remember Rome was not built in a day, or a season for that matter, even Citeh took over two, spending so much money they are giving away players now to comply with fair play rules. It also made them one of the most despised clubs around Europe rather than the Kudos we gained from our Eufa run. COYW

Peabody

I like that Fernhurst "the tactical blatherings" bit I mean. I have even had someone tell me that because they were good at FIFA Manager, or whatever it is called, made them able to adequately judge football performance.

OldBrownShoe

Thank you Senor Peabody, your wisdom and reasonable outlook is always appreciated on here. As ever good post.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

ToodlesMcToot

I would just like for someone to explain why we feel the need to
leave the majority of our work, no matter the circumstance, until the final day of the window.

It makes little sense to me.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 02, 2012, 09:03:16 PM
leave the majority of our work, no matter the circumstance, until the final day of the window.

its a number of factors and one is the domino effect. Once a players moves that frees up the buying club to sell one of theirs and the selling club to bring one in, and is on.
Also its a game of chicken...how much will you sell that players or pay for that player.when their is a deadline it can work both ways.

RidgeRider

its the hockey stick affect...its pervasive in most businesses

Rupert

I would suggest that an awful lot of this is down to the players and agents. If I was a player named, to take a totally random example, Clint Dempsey, and I wanted to go to Liverpool, because that was where my agent said I should go, I would want to get the business done early.
If that move should then inexplicably fail to materialise, I would then want to wait as late as possible to gauge all potential suitors and to see who was desperate enough to offer me the best terms I could screw out of them, and the way to do that would be to leave things as late as possible.
It works both ways, mind. A player desperate to move might agree to lower wages if he thinks you are the only option, but Dempsey had already rejected Villa, so I imagine he had an idea Spuds wanted him and just kept them waiting. If they had called his bluff, he still had the January window to go in.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.