watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MERGED: Giorgos Karagounis alledgely in London talking to Fulham

Started by NorthernWhite, September 07, 2012, 01:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurricane_nz

Why let Danny go and then sign a 35 year old midfielder when we realise we have problems there? Surely it would have been better to keep Danny on as a player/coach. Still if this guy signs will be interesting to see how he goes

hurricane_nz

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: hurricane_nz on September 07, 2012, 03:05:35 PM
Why let Danny go and then sign a 35 year old midfielder when we realise we have problems there? Surely it would have been better to keep Danny on as a player/coach. Still if this guy signs will be interesting to see how he goes

Danny left because he was told he would not be guaranteed a starting spot, because of Moose. Hindsight's a bugger. But Jol clearly thought Dembele would stay.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

MJG

I would prefer is to find a solution with what we have, but as a short term fix, be it him or someone else, I don't see a downside really.

Classic94

I'm not completely against this as it would make sense in some ways, but i'd much rather see Kasami, Frei, Dejagah or even Minkwitz given a run at CM.

Walsh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgos_Karagounis

Sky Sports understands Fulham are weighing up a move for Greek international Giorgos Karagounis.

Karagounis is available on a free transfer and therefore able to sign for a club outside the transfer window.

The experienced midfielder is looking for a new club after leaving Panathinaikos earlier this summer.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is keen to bolster his midfield options after seeing key figures Moussa Dembele and Clint Dempsey leave the club last month.

Jol is short of options in midfield after also allowing Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu to leave for Blackburn earlier this summer.

Karagounis has a wealth of experience having won over 100 caps for Greece, helping them win Euro 2004, and counts Inter Milan and Benfica among his former clubs.

A number of clubs are thought to be keen on signing Karagounis, but Fulham are giving serious consideration to offering him a deal at Craven Cottage.

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8059717/

Bracken White

I note some are concerned at Karagounis' age & the fact this appears, at face value to fly in the face of Jol's policy in bringing down the overall age of the Team. Surely these are exceptional circumstances with the sudden departures of Dembele & Dempsey & besides - if GK signs & plays - he can always make way for one of the up & coming guys after 70/80 mins if need be. Think we need to be a tad philosophical here, in all the circumstances.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

ElissonSnygg

Karagounis always gives his all on the pitch, and is a very passionate and hard-working. Could be really useful me thinks.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

MrFFC

Jol has already said he wanted to keep Murphy but he moved on. Karagounis would be a good signing as would Grygera they may be ageing and yes we have some talented youngsters but you also need some experience and leaders
Come on you Whites!! :)

Admin

I'd say it's more likely to be a signing that will get us through until January if anything. I'm sorry, but people who think Kasami is up for the job need their heads checking. We're not in a position where it's a suck it and see situation, we need someone with experience who can come straight in and start pulling the strings.

If Diarra gets injured, what then? Please don't tell me that most of you would be happy Sidwell in the middle on his own. He's an engine I'll give him that but certainly not one of our most creative players!

I'd welcome this if it was a short term fix that's all, but if Mo or Jol don't invest in this position come January with a matter of urgency, I'm seriously going to be humped off.   

The Rock

A cost effective temporary placement with loads of experience at top clubs. Would love to see him here asap if he can do the biz.

Jack Fulham

Am I right in thinking Karagounis is quite a good playmaker as well? Good short term fix.

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 07, 2012, 07:04:47 PM
Am I right in thinking Karagounis is quite a good playmaker as well? Good short term fix.

Quite good? Excellent playmaker if you ask me. It's a reason they say he is one of Greece's most significant midfielder.

elgreenio

All this works hard and gives his all stuff, are people refering to internationals? Surely that's the least expected of a player playing for their national team. Or is it that he just look out of breath all the time considering he's ruddy old

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
touch my camera through the fence

ElissonSnygg

Quote from: elgreenio on September 07, 2012, 07:38:30 PM
All this works hard and gives his all stuff, are people refering to internationals? Surely that's the least expected of a player playing for their national team. Or is it that he just look out of breath all the time considering he's ruddy old

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

He's the same in his clubs.

cebu

It's clearly a stop-gap measure and frankly, why not. I'm assuming it would be a straight one year deal.

supersimmo123

Sky reporting no deal or anything struck just we are considering a move...

David_Keating

Berserker

What are the chances of this move happening, is he likely to want to come to Fulham if other clubs interested?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.