watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MERGED: Giorgos Karagounis alledgely in London talking to Fulham

Started by NorthernWhite, September 07, 2012, 01:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

He was a good player but 35 now and not sure how he'll adapt to the pace of the Premier League.

If he does acclimatise quickly, he could be a good addition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giorgos_Karagounis

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/karagounis/profil/spieler_6106.html

Burt

I thought part of the stated policy was to lower the average age of the squad  :dft002:

ElissonSnygg

Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

rusty shackleford

TonyGilroy

If he's fit enough then he, at the least, provides backup for Diarra.

west kowloon white

Well at least the problem is being addressed-know nothing about the guy-and has been stated,restricted to free agents,at best going to be a Heskeyesque signing.
Loads of young players already signed to bring age of squad down,if they are ever ready?

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

aFFCn_Fan

Question....I know there have been other threads on this, so excuse me for not having read them (they did get a bit tetchy, so I stopped reading 'em). Now the 25 (21) man squad has been handed in to PL, can we add anyone else to it until January anyway, even free agents? I guess he could play in the cups, but what about the league?
@hincharoo

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

TonyGilroy

They only got tetchy because people kept asking the same question and couldn't be bothered to read the answers already given.

I, of course, am never tetchy so I will tell you that we have named a 21 man squad and can add up to 4 more players provided that they were out of contract when the transfer window closed.

Feel free to ask again in 10 minutes.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burt on September 07, 2012, 01:07:48 PM
I thought part of the stated policy was to lower the average age of the squad  :dft002:

The policy is to improve the team to ensure PL survival or better.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on September 07, 2012, 01:33:09 PM
Question....I know there have been other threads on this, so excuse me for not having read them (they did get a bit tetchy, so I stopped reading 'em). Now the 25 (21) man squad has been handed in to PL, can we add anyone else to it until January anyway, even free agents? I guess he could play in the cups, but what about the league?

We can sign Free agents as we did with Diarra, we have 4 possible spots. I assume one is ope n for Grygera possibly but the rest are for grabs.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

aFFCn_Fan

@hincharoo

Mr Fulham

elgreenio

Quote from: Mr Fulham on September 07, 2012, 01:50:31 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on September 07, 2012, 01:36:19 PM
dont see why we'd be bringing this guy in to be honest
CM cover.  very short term...

still dont see why we need it. Diarra, Sidwell, Baird, Kasami, Reither, Davies, even Minkwitz and Ruiz. If we can cheap out a 10k p/w 4 month deal then i'm not totally against it. Just struggling to see why we should panic when we have the first 3 I mentioned who can do a job. Unless 2 of the first 3 get injured we'll be fine without anybody else, especially somebody who will have to adapt to the prem.
touch my camera through the fence

General

Mr Fulham

Quote from: elgreenio on September 07, 2012, 01:58:20 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on September 07, 2012, 01:50:31 PM
Quote from: elgreenio on September 07, 2012, 01:36:19 PM
dont see why we'd be bringing this guy in to be honest
CM cover.  very short term...

still dont see why we need it. Diarra, Sidwell, Baird, Kasami, Reither, Davies, even Minkwitz and Ruiz. If we can cheap out a 10k p/w 4 month deal then i'm not totally against it. Just struggling to see why we should panic when we have the first 3 I mentioned who can do a job. Unless 2 of the first 3 get injured we'll be fine without anybody else, especially somebody who will have to adapt to the prem.
I hear you but I feel we need another midfieler. Would've liked to see Kasami, Davies and Minkwitz tbh.
Karagounis will provide natural CM cover. Riether (I before E) is shite in central midfield, Ruiz is too lightweight there.

I find it very odd that Jol wants to help younger players to come through and - on the other hand - doesn't try Kasami in his natural position. Or Minkwitz. He's immensely talented and we should give him a chance before it's too late.

I would've prefered Reo-Coker or even Hargreaves because Karagounis is 35 and has no Premiership experience.

I think we will sign a top class midfielder in January. Well...I hope we do.

Bracken White

Why on earth the negatives? The guy is still quality - we're missing this in midfield with the very late exits of Dembele & Dempsey - a one year fix? Perfect. Forget the average age scenario - hardly applicable here ... wise old head - gives 110% .... great stuff & what a swan-song for him. Great to have a real character on board, too! All plusses for me ... oh & a much better footballer than the constantly over-rated Reo-Coker, in my book!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique